AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-23, 10:19   Link #481
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That was probably the funniest chapter in the series, hands down.

Yep, no arguing with that. Heck, Toriko and Komatsu made enough strange faces to make Livebearer proud (who actually appeared this chapter, albeit with a surprisingly tame expression!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyways, onwards to 177!
Spoiler for 177:

Pretty sure the both of them survived by eating the ripened fruits. Notice in the last page that they're surrounded by a pile of the fruits when they finally got used to the smell.

Actually, that reminds me: I've always wanted to try a durian for once in real life. Much like in this chapter I heard that they taste great despite their strong smell (though not as exaggerated obviously), so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give the "king of fruits" a try (though I also heard that they can be pretty expensive, which is another reason why I haven't been able to eat it so far....).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 11:33   Link #482
ellifeedn
Thinker

I tried a durian once. It didn't smell though, probably because it was frozen. And those spikes; I almost hurt myself carrying that thing.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 15:03   Link #483
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That was probably the funniest chapter in the series, hands down.
this ^

leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:22   Link #484
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Man it's been a long time since I laughed so hard after reading Toriko. The fabulous Sani making foams thats coming of his mounth when the rippened fruit falls down and that moment when he saw Komatsu and Toriko he also fainted. This was one of the hilarious chapter of Toriko and I'm sure Sani would have died in here if it was him who traveled that place lol. And lastly about Toriko who survived without anything for a month is just exaggeration and it was nice to see Teppei in manga again after a while like this by reviving the smelliest ingredient in the world =)
Old 2012-02-29, 11:54   Link #485
marvelB

Some scrumptious spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-29, 12:48   Link #486
ellifeedn
Thinker

Actually, the Ehou Maki is to help him find the place where the big ingredient/food is.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:39   Link #487
marvelB

^Oh yeah, guess that kinda slipped my mind, what with all these recent chapters containing goofy mini-adventures rather than hunting down the next super-ingredient and all (not that I mind, of course. It's good to see the series slow down its pacing every once in a while).

Anyways, the chapter's out. I wonder when we'll see the rest of those Gourmet Knights in action? I also thought it was cool how the Eco Land villagers relied on the environment's natural resources for their daily necessities (lol at skunk farts being used for gas ). It's also nice to see a place that actually had some friendly creatures for a change. Anyways, since Aimaru said that he's making preparations to obtain God, it looks like this means he's good and ready to get involved in the looming world war, as well.....
Old 2012-03-01, 11:00   Link #488
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Did someone just call Toriko...fat? Feels like this was the last breather chapter before the next hunt begins, if next chapter's title is anything to go by. That was a fun break from all the extreme hunting

Something just occured to me though, the recent chapters make it clear that we'll be having a war (these things sure are popular ) with god for the winner, but shouldn't that be Toriko's final ingredient? He's still got plenty of space in his menu before that...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 13:28   Link #489
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ I'm sure he'll be filling in those empty spaces with ingredients from the Gourmet World.
Old 2012-03-07, 11:53   Link #490
marvelB

Time for a bite-sized spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-08, 02:30   Link #491
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And the chapter is out!
Spoiler for 179:
Old 2012-03-08, 11:09   Link #492
marvelB

Heh, I'd love to see more Monchy-style cooking in the future, that's for sure. And yeah, I'm also wondering how long Toriko and Komatsu were munching on the Ehou Maki (and more importantly, why didn't Komatsu turn fat!? I could understand Toriko still looking the same what with his advanced gourmet cells and all, but on the other hand.....). Anyway, that bubble fruit sure sounds interesting. It must also be some specially prepared ingredient with a super-high capture level as well, because just by hearing its name doesn't sound too special....

Anyways, I'm guessing that the guy spying on them at the end of the chapter is connected to that ninja guy who was stealing the Ehou Maki. Sadly, we'll have to wait a couple weeks to find out for sure because the series will be on break next week....
Old 2012-03-08, 12:39   Link #493
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^possibly because toriko ate like 99,9% of it, whilst komatsu only ate about as much as he'd any day
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 10:55   Link #494
marvelB

After a week's delay, the next order of spoilers has new been served:

Spoiler for chap 180:
Old 2012-03-22, 14:08   Link #495
marvelB

Pardon the bump, but..... the chapter in question is out now!

Man, it looks damn near impossible to enjoy a proper meal at that restaurant. Not only must you display proper etiquette at all times, but even the food itself has specific delicate methods to be eaten! Looks like one needs an insane amount of discipline in order to have a meal there.....

Anyways, now we've been introduced to the temple master. But considering what that fat ninja chef said about part of the ehou maki already having been stolen before he (she?) took some of it, it looks like Toriko and Komatsu won't be the only ones who are after that bubble fruit....

BTW, it also be noted that we actually saw Chiru before. More specifically, back in chapter 158 when we saw various top-class chefs from around the world hearing the "voice" of Ichiryuu's full course ingredient. So it looks like we may have also just been introduced to the bishokukai's next target.....
Old 2012-03-23, 14:22   Link #496
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Thanks for bumping, I almost missed it! How long would a full course take to eat at the disappearance restaurant? Also lol at all the ridiculous conditions to eat the food, like staring at the rice and eating at sunlight Makes me happy that the Easter lamb takes only 3 hours on the spit, compared to that...

We still don't know who ate the rest of the ehou maki, huh? This will be interesting!
Old 2012-03-28, 10:45   Link #497
marvelB

Bumped in time for the next entree:

Spoiler for chap 181:
Old 2012-03-28, 12:43   Link #498
KBTKaiser

Spoiler:
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 16:14   Link #499
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i guess if the manga goes 300 ch+ he'll learn how to use a fishknife and a saladfork
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 16:29   Link #500
Sik-07
Chuu~

fuse fork and spoon to make the ultimate Spork!!!

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen