AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-06-09, 19:57   Link #2861
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
When did I say that? No offense but just because she's a tsundere doesn't make everything she says to Kyousuke a double meaning of how much she is hopelessly in love with him.

They both agreed it couldn't work and stopped. So Kyousuke decides not to, and she isn't thrilled about it. She knows it's wrong and no good will likely come of it. You said yourself in your own post "where it goes from here is anyone's guess" so how is my interpretation somehow wrong now? Seriously...
Even if your interpretation is that they went back to 'normal' out of obligation, do you think people really just fall out of love like that? Life must be easy for you...
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:00   Link #2862
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post
Even if your interpretation is that they went back to 'normal' out of obligation, do you think people really just fall out of love like that? Life must be easy for you...
More people putting words in my mouth. THIS is exactly the reason she could want to do more counseling. Their feelings wont just disappear overnight so they need ground rules if they don't want to continue their relationship.

This isn't some insane concept here.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:02   Link #2863
dragon1412

well i don't think he is forcing his opinion on you, it's more like he just making an argument with his own interpretation, as you said, this is your own interpretation and he is just didn't agree with it. There is no right or wrong, if you don't agree just speak out your mind. We all have diffirent culture, sense of value, for some people like s0beit value emotion over society common sense and there are guys who value society value over feeling likes you, don't say that people put word in your mouth if you don't try to understand them 1st.
dragon1412 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:04   Link #2864
seangel92

Quote:
More people putting words in my mouth. THIS is exactly the reason she could want to do more counseling. Their feelings wont just disappear overnight so they need ground rules if they don't want to continue their relationship.

This isn't some insane concept here.
This is fiction, you don't know if they gonna be together or not, don't search logic in fiction. Only the "10 years later" could make us close the ending.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:05   Link #2865
Marcus H.
Close Quarters Cuisine

^ Dude, that's the WEAKEST argument I have seen when it comes to pointing out logical flaws in written stories.

Summer 2017: Isekai Shokudou (4/1c), New Game S2 (1/12), Vatican Kiseki Chousa-kan (3/12), Gamers! (1/12) and Owarimonogatari S2 (Aug12).
Continuing from Spring 2017: Sakura Quest (16/25).
2016 Catch-up: Amanchu! (1/12), Owarimonogatari (7/12) and Koyomimonogatari (1/12).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 309. Plan to watch: 43.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:06   Link #2866
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
Well, for now I'm judging with my values, my country society values, and what from a non-japanese-japanese-society-observer values. Sure, things change, over time. But right here and now, that is unacceptable. In 100 years my post might be seen as ludicrous at best, who knows.
As long as you judge with your own values on what you believe to be right or wrong, then that is fine. I've seen people mindlessly follow the rules without considering the consequences of their actions, so I responded due to the paranoia developed as a result of dealing with those types of people. For that, I apologize for my behavior towards you.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:07   Link #2867
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
well i don't think he is forcing his opinion on you, it's more like he just making an argument with his own interpretation, as you said, this is your own interpretation and he is just didn't agree with it. There is no right or wrong, if you don't agree just speak out your mind. We all have diffirent culture, sense of value, for some people like s0beit value emotion over society common sense and there are guys who value society value over feeling likes you, don't say that people put word in your mouth if you don't try to understand them 1st.
Yeah he seems to be real sweet saying life must be easy for me, diminishing my opinion as some child-like fantasy. I'm defending my thoughts on the matter plain and simple.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:12   Link #2868
dragon1412

Quote:
Yeah he seems to be real sweet saying life must be easy for me, diminishing my opinion as some child-like fantasy. I'm defending my thoughts on the matter plain and simple.
And again as i said, diffirent sense of value, you value society image while he value emotion. He said life must be easy for you because he think if he can be like you then life is easy, same thing to you because you think that's he is diminishing your opinion as child-like fantasy.In the end, it's just you who interpret his word like that, if you don't like the way he put it, just confirmed it 1st before fanning the flame, look at how leo does it.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:16   Link #2869
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
And again as i said, diffirent sense of value, you value society image while he value emotion. He said life must be easy for you because he think if he can be like you then life is easy, same thing to you because you think that's he is diminishing your opinion as child-like fantasy.In the end, it's just you who interpret his word like that, if you don't like the way he put it, just confirmed it 1st before fanning the flame, look at how leo does it.
Basically said it much better than I ever could.
Edit: Differences and disagreements over opinions, ideals, beliefs etc. is what leads to wars and other events which can negatively impact the world.
Edit#2: Confused you with someone else. My mistake.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:18   Link #2870
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
No offense but just because she's a tsundere doesn't make everything she says to Kyousuke a double meaning of how much she is hopelessly in love with him.
Sorry, I'm not trying to be snarky, but... it doesn't?

If she were really mad, she could have just walked off to her gathering alone and left Kyousuke to stew about what he did, and scold him when she gets home. But to them "life counselling" has a very special meaning. She recorded all of them and kept them along with her precious album of him. It's the thing that started their rekindled relationship, and now she's starting it again. And despite running off initially, she still calls out to him and waits for him to catch up. So why run off in the first place? I would assume that it's because she's embarrassed, not mad.

Again, this is just my interpretation. Of course everyone is allowed to have their own interpretation, but I think there is some burden to justify your interpretation using the evidence of the character's past behaviour in the story. So, to me anyway, your interpretation of Kirino "not being happy" about Kyousuke's confirmation of his feelings seems out of character, hence I doubt it. I've tried to provide the rationale for my belief and doubt. You can certainly doubt me too, but I am just seeking the evidence that supports your belief, because I just don't see it. I apologize if this ever came across as if I was attacking you.

Edit: I would also like to submit as anecdotal evidence the lyrics to the Anime's Second Season OP theme, that will almost certainly be played during the last scene of the anime. Particularly the bridge to the ending; it's strikingly appropriate.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:18   Link #2871
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
My opinions have nothing to do with societal values, don't really know how that got started. My opinion is of the characters and I interpret them, to Kirino societal pressures are probably a real concern so perhaps that's why this somehow morphed into my values.

Anyway, sure next time I'll be less argumentative. I just don't like people diminishing my opinion as though I'm too "stupid" to see the proof all around me. Proof is something indisputable, Kirino and Kyousukes relationship is not quite that cut and dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Sorry, I'm not trying to be snarky, but... it doesn't?

If she were really mad, she could have just walked off to her gathering alone and left Kyousuke to stew about what he did, and scold him when she gets home. But to them "life counselling" has a very special meaning. She recorded all of them and kept them along with her precious album of him. It's the thing that started their rekindled relationship, and now she's starting it again. And despite running off initially, she still calls out to him and waits for him to catch up. So why run off in the first place? I would assume that it's because she's embarrassed, not mad.

Again, this is just my interpretation. Of course everyone is allowed to have their own interpretation, but I think there is some burden to justify your interpretation using the evidence of the character's past behaviour in the story. So, to me anyway, your interpretation of Kirino "not being happy" about Kyousuke's confirmation of his feelings seems out of character, hence I doubt it. I've tried to provide the rationale for my belief and doubt. You can certainly doubt me too, but I am just seeking the evidence that supports your belief, because I just don't see it. I apologize if this ever came across as if I was attacking you.
She's not happy because he broke their promise. You can cherry pick all sorts of things to reaffirm your position and I can disagree with how you interpret events and things. I'm not trying to be a dick or argumentative but when you make your point you make it sound as though if you haven't arrived at this conclusion you are an idiot. As more information has come out I've changed my position I'm not infallible but right now my position is not a huge stretch even when considering Kirino and Kyousuke's personalities.

The life counselling started because Kirino had a problem and thus a new round of sessions will be for a new problem. That problem is them still caring for each other and working it out, whether that means fuck the world and lets be together or time to set ground rules so we can't be inapproiate anymore is anyone's guess. Unless you can think of an actual other reason for them to be holding the counselling.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:26   Link #2872
gogetassj7IW

in short, how long do you think it takes to be animated the whole story?, months, years?
gogetassj7IW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:28   Link #2873
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetassj7IW View Post
in short, how long do you think it takes to be animated the whole story?, months, years?
The last three episodes should appear within a few months of the end of the TV episode airing (so probably late-Summer/early-Fall?), and the Blu-Rays/DVDs come out in December and January respectively.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:28   Link #2874
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetassj7IW View Post
A few months.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:35   Link #2875
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
More people putting words in my mouth.
Quote:
When did I say that? No offense but just because she's a tsundere doesn't make everything she says to Kyousuke a double meaning of how much she is hopelessly in love with him.

They both agreed it couldn't work and stopped. So Kyousuke decides not to, and she isn't thrilled about it. She knows it's wrong and no good will likely come of it. You said yourself in your own post "where it goes from here is anyone's guess" so how is my interpretation somehow wrong now? Seriously...
You are directly contradicting yourself, that is not putting words in your mouth. You are literally saying "She isn't in love, she knows it's not normal" right here. I don't see how I misrepresented you at all.
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:38   Link #2876
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0beit View Post
You are directly contradicting yourself, that is not putting words in your mouth. You are literally saying "She isn't in love, she knows it's not normal" right here. I don't see how I misrepresented you at all.
Hmm it sure doesn't say "She isn't in love" there buddy

Last edited by tommythecat; 2013-06-09 at 20:49.
Old 2013-06-09, 20:39   Link #2877
dragon1412

Quote:
My opinions have nothing to do with societal values, don't really know how that got started. My opinion is of the characters and I interpret them, to Kirino societal pressures are probably a real concern so perhaps that's why this somehow morphed into my values.

Anyway, sure next time I'll be less argumentative. I just don't like people diminishing my opinion as though I'm too "stupid" to see the proof all around me. Proof is something indisputable, Kirino and Kyousukes relationship is not quite that cut and dry.

She's not happy because he broke their promise. You can cherry pick all sorts of things to reaffirm your position and I can disagree with how you interpret events and things. I'm not trying to be a dick or argumentative but when you make your point you make it sound as though if you haven't arrived at this conclusion you are an idiot. As more information has come out I've changed my position I'm not infallible but right now my position is not a huge stretch even when considering Kirino and Kyousuke's personalities.

The life counselling started because Kirino had a problem and thus a new round of sessions will be for a new problem. That problem is them still caring for each other and working it out, whether that means fuck the world and lets be together or time to set ground rules so we can't be inapproiate anymore is anyone's guess. Unless you can think of an actual other reason for them to be holding the counselling.
sense of value changed evrything because it make up your point of view, and again, you are assuming people think you are stupid and if you haven't arrived at this conclusion you are an idiot. It's like how Kirino fans taunt kuroneko fans thats we debate a few pages ago. In your POV,the life counseling happen to decide their future because of society, in possibly Relentlessflame and my POV, taken into account thats she is embrassing and runway then the life counselling might just be exceedingly simple like why did he kiss in that place. Again, read the novel 1st rather than the summary, they don't provided you with enough infomation, especially with character emotion.

@Finalfury : i do have an account on MAl but i never post there ^^"
Old 2013-06-09, 20:43   Link #2878
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
sense of value changed evrything because it make up your point of view, and again, you are assuming people think you are stupid and if you haven't arrived at this conclusion you are an idiot. It's like how Kirino fans taunt kuroneko fans thats we debate a few pages ago. In your POV,the life counseling happen to decide their future because of society, in possibly Relentlessflame and my POV, taken into account thats she is embrassing and runway then the life counselling might just be exceedingly simple like why did he kiss in that place. Again, read the novel 1st rather than the summary, they don't provided you with enough infomation, especially with character emotion.

@Finalfury : i do have an account on MAl but i never post there ^^"
Yea, I kinda stopped posting there after someone criticized my first anime review which was an oreimo review as simple, over hyped, biased and just plain horrible.
-runs off to go cry in a corner-
Edit: @alguimo 125:
I think this might have been the author's attempt at strengthening the importance of the relationship between Kyousuke and Kirino since Sena and Kouhei had a similar relationship. I liked Kouhei too so I think I understand how you feel.

Last edited by finalfury; 2013-06-09 at 20:55.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:47   Link #2879
alquimio_125

Quote:
SPOILER ''-Sena and Makabe have started dating'' SPOILER
And what happened then with this guy?
Spoiler for Kouhei:

I remember he had a big sister complex. It was not of my favorites and did not appear much in the story but I'm sad to lose his beloved sister.
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 20:53   Link #2880
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alquimio_125 View Post
I remember he had a big sister complex. It was not of my favorites and did not appear much in the story but I'm sad to lose his beloved sister.
He had his "crowning moment of awesome" at the beginning of the story when he went with Sena to go buy the Christmas homo-ge for her, and boldly proclaimed that even though she's his sister, they love each other -- so that they could get the "couples bonus".

(That's why the thing about Sena and Makabe seems weird. Needs further confirmation.)

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings