AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-08-11, 03:16   Link #4201
ExXentriK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insert_Gel View Post
Wow. I can't believe he chose his sister. He sure had a sick mind lol
He never chose her, he found himself desperately in love with Kirino without even noticing.
Old 2013-08-11, 03:26   Link #4202
Wilshere

Quote:
It was clear from Volume 8 in who he was in love with, but somehow managed to lie to himself using ''we are siblings'' as an excuse to not admit his true feelings until he gave up by noticing other girls approaching him, he made sure not to cause misunderstandings anymore and thats the moment he decided to convey his feelings(end of Volume 10). He did not ''choose'' her, she was the only one in his heart all along.
Old 2013-08-11, 07:41   Link #4203
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
I believe it's still better than choosing another girl simply as a replacement. That'd be cruel. Really, really cruel.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 05:26   Link #4204
Flere821
Lurker

Did anyone ever got around to discussing the Omake OreImo's author made, being a crossover with Toaru Majutsu no Index? I've made a summary of it over at the Index subforum, I'll post a link here:
WARNING: contains massive amount of spoilers for both series
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=483
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 07:17   Link #4205
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Did anyone ever got around to discussing the Omake OreImo's author made, being a crossover with Toaru Majutsu no Index? I've made a summary of it over at the Index subforum, I'll post a link here:
I think there is already a translation on Baka-Tsuki
Old 2013-08-12, 17:11   Link #4206
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
I think there is already a translation on Baka-Tsuki
Yeah, someone pointed that out to me via PM after I posted. Oh well

(Here's the the link on BT anyway if anyone's interested)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 20:49   Link #4207
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Sorry, but considered that I'm still technically the supervisor of OreImo's project, posting it on OreImo's page is much easier for me
Old 2013-08-18, 10:49   Link #4208
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Guys, I just want to ask one thing....

Did that 10 year afterstory come out yet?
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 10:50   Link #4209
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Guys, I just want to ask one thing....

Did that 10 year afterstory come out yet?
Yes, quite some time ago, with that first anime volume. Or do you mean a translated version?
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 10:58   Link #4210
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Yes, quite some time ago, with that first anime volume. Or do you mean a translated version?
Thought so. So is there a translated version? What happened? Is it the one I found at Baka-Tsuki?
Old 2013-08-18, 11:05   Link #4211
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Thought so. So is there a translated version? What happened? Is it the one I found at Baka-Tsuki?
As far as I know it's not on baka-tsuki. And I also don't know of any other translation out there.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:10   Link #4212
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
As far as I know it's not on baka-tsuki. And I also don't know of any other translation out there.

I see...thank you.

Edit: Oh, and just getting this out here, but if anyone has a link to the translated mini-novel, PLEASE!-- I will be eternally grateful if you can post a link...My wincest loving spirit refuses to let it end as I have heard.

Last edited by Lucarion; 2013-08-18 at 12:24.
Old 2013-08-18, 23:55   Link #4213
virox

This probably isn't the correct thread for this anymore, but now that the final episodes are released, we got another interview which might help clearing some ambiguity.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18109.html

It seems that the author wanted the final kiss in the anime to be on the lips.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 00:09   Link #4214
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup, that was already discussed in Anime Spoilers & Speculation
Old 2013-08-20, 09:25   Link #4215
Guidenstern

Hello.
After watching the last episode of Oreimo, and of course being frustrated, I've read many things on this thread (like the author interview which confirms censorship) and I have a question:

In the end of the anime series, Kyosuke just kiss Kirino on the cheek (and I don't even remember her asking him to buy her another ring), and right now you're saying fushimi wanted a kiss on the lips.
Does that mean that in the novel, not only Kirino is asking for that ring, but Kyosuke is also kissing her on the lips?

edit-> oh and I forgot: I understand now well that the story 10years later in the first blue-ray volume is probably worthless, but is there any other work of the same kind we can expect for the other blue-rays? Like a story years later which confirms even in a subtle way that they are still together?
Guidenstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 09:32   Link #4216
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidenstern View Post
In the end of the anime series, Kyosuke just kiss Kirino on the cheek (and I don't even remember her asking him to buy her another ring), and right now you're saying fushimi wanted a kiss on the lips.
Does that mean that in the novel, not only Kirino is asking for that ring, but Kyosuke is also kissing her on the lips?
Although the novel doesn't specify where he kissed her, but as this is the opinion of the author himself, I just assume the kiss on the lips as canon for the novel (and for me myself, also for the anime story...).
Old 2013-08-20, 16:44   Link #4217
Soverence

Quote:
Although the novel doesn't specify where he kissed her, but as this is the opinion of the author himself, I just assume the kiss on the lips as canon for the novel (and for me myself, also for the anime story...).
I honestly wonder why he didn't write that Kyousuke kissed her on the lips if that is what he wanted, did the publisher not want him to write even that?
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 16:57   Link #4218
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I honestly wonder why he didn't write that Kyousuke kissed her on the lips if that is what he wanted, did the publisher not want him to write even that?
That's a good question. Maybe it was the publisher, or perhaps he just thought it was obvious, don't know. Perhaps I'm the only guy thinking so, but when I read:

" Suddenly, I kissed her."

without specification of the location, I always think of the lips first in that kind of a situation.
Old 2013-08-20, 17:02   Link #4219
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
That's a good question. Maybe it was the publisher, or perhaps he just thought it was obvious, don't know. Perhaps I'm the only guy thinking so, but when I read:

without specification of the location, I always think of the lips first in that kind of a situation.
Nope, you are not the only one. I thought too that it was on the lips. In my opinion by the end of the story it was pretty obvious that he kissed her on the lips.It doesn't even occurred to me that it could be on the cheek instead.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 17:31   Link #4220
GVN.Chaos

Quote:

Actually, when I first read it, I think it's a kiss on the forehead. A kiss on the lips is not really normal, even for siblings, but a kiss on the cheek seemed to shallow for the near lover-like status. But, well, after reading till the end, my opinions changed too.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings