AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 3 5.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 8.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.34%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 22.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 13.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-07, 04:50   Link #41
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In other words, a much less subtle take on Agatha Cristie, in terms of the foreshadowing.
Old 2010-02-07, 04:55   Link #42
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh I seriously loled when Kuroko thought that the Mistress's boyfriend must be italian when she came out of Pizza hut with a load of pizzas. Everything else was just boring though. I just don't care about minor charatcers. Konori was atleast recurring enough to be interesting but this...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 11:13   Link #43
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilk View Post
And, lol, is it just me or is Pizza Hut appearing in a lot of anime nowadays?
Seriously. Why can't we have some Papa John's now and then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Though it was kind of embarrassing seeing the dorm manager get her hopes up only to be shot down at the last moment. And all because the guy she liked was aiming for an... old lady.
I had a slow time playing through this episode because I was waiting the whole time for the other shoe to drop (or Kuroko's plan to go horribly wrong). Sadly, the episode did not disappoint. Isn't it sad, Dorm Mistress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
So...are Child Errors just what they call orphaned kids?

Not the most PC-friendly way of putting it, huh. That's Engrish for you.

Naughty, hmm... Saten is a dirty girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMaximilianMaximus View Post
Oh yes it will (according to the OP)
Bait And Switch Credits meets Stuff Blowing Up? But here's hoping.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2010-02-07 at 12:00.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 11:15   Link #44
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Not a bad episode IMO. I don't care if they didn't show The Sister's arc now since i willing to wait as long as it's finish in the manga.
Old 2010-02-07, 11:32   Link #45
darkmaster074
------

Painful ep as always

anyway ... To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Special 1 is out
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 11:57   Link #46
ReddyRedWolf

Child Errors are abandoned kids that were enrolled into the Esper program but their parents ran away.

Thus with nobody watching them probably approved by the board of directors and ultimately Aleister Crowley, scientists can perform horrible experiments on children with no one the wiser.

The effect of this some scientists like Harumi would turn renegade at the atrocities.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 12:15   Link #47
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

It was an okay episode, but I found it to be lacking compared to the previous filler episodes. The Pizza Hut appearance was hilarious thought, as was Kuroko's obsession with love.
Also, Kuroko neck snaps never get old.
RPG_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 13:14   Link #48
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

makes you wonder if she teleports them back into place after the Dorm Manager's done with her everytime.
Old 2010-02-07, 15:55   Link #49
Aqua Knight

Has Touma appeared yet?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 20:29   Link #50
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Has Touma appeared yet?
Not yet and is pretty hard to happen.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 11:08   Link #51
Avegaille

Ha, this episode made me laugh so much I didn't care about those filler complainers... xD

Looks like the dorm mistress is a tsun-tsun in her own little way... XD

Also... 19 will be the last filler-like episode before we get on with the new arc... =x
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:31   Link #52
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Aww, I loved this episode. The dorm demon is one of my favorite characters in the show, and more Kuroko time is always fine by me.
Old 2010-02-09, 03:48   Link #53
Silverwyrm

wasn't sisters arc done in index? Unless I am mistaken and it isnt what I am thinking of
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 06:05   Link #54
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
wasn't sisters arc done in index? Unless I am mistaken and it isnt what I am thinking of
Sigh ... More likely season 2 if there is one of Railgun. The manga is currently in a prequel to the Sisters arc. Not finished yet.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 19:16   Link #55
Joe_fh

Hmm I can't say much about this episode...anyways I'll just trow in a couple of things.

First this episode completely destroyed the image I had of the dorm supervisor. To me it felt more like character degradation but that might just be me.

Also why are Kuroko and Uiharu always free the last two episodes...there's nothing about Judgment and logic would suggest that during summer vacation when every student is roaming around the city the whole day they'll have more work to do. Especially considering they seem to be the only people working in that district alnog with Mii or at least they haven't showed anyone else working in that office even during the crisis situation they faced in the first ark. But it's not a big deal at all, it's more like I was interested in the reason why.

In every story character development is important and this goes for minor characters as well. Still that's actually valid for minor characters that play a role in the plot and/or other character's development (and other things none of which is used in anime in general, I think) . I don't really see how an entire episode focused on a character that appeared for ~20 seconds one time and has no impact on anythig could be considered good "character development" or even a good episode overall. There were some funny moments here and there though and they're what probably saved this episode for me.

I'm still positive about Railgun but I can't really say I enjoed this episode like some of you did. Probably the only reason I did was because I like the main characters in general and because of the funny things here and there ( actually this also goes for some of the other episodes as well). Sure I might be missing the "main character development" you guys are talking about but that's probably because everthing connected with that here we've already seen in the previous arc, or at least I have.

Well maybe it's just me, but I don't really like almost completely meaningless things like these when there is a lot of room to develop the main characters and there aren't that many episodes left. Even if they don't give us the actual plot now (with which I have no problem provided the episodes are good) they could at least focus on something that actually makes sense and not something completely random that one might say they came up with during lunch break. It's clear things will lead into the next arc at one point but that doesn't make things better at this point.

Seems like JC are going for more fanservice next time - nothing wrong with that, but fanservice alone doesn't make an anime good. Well to be honest for some people it does. Either way it should be out soon so we'll see how things develop.

It's pretty clear where this arc is going and it was pretty clear (at least the main points) from the Mii arc and the OP. At this point we also have a couple of other things to consider and overall we get - the Level upper, that Cpacity down machine, the earthquakes and I still think that the girl with the pendant from the previous episode, in which there was a picture of a little girl, will probably be connected to illegal child errors experiments (like the ones in the first arc) or something similar.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 04:59   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can only say this was an ok episode. Really just the kind you will watch and then instantly forget after. It was about as interesting as the last one though at least this time Mikoto's group was in it more. I have to wonder if they are just drawing names out of a hat for who they will focus on next. It's fine to develop your side characters and give them some depth. Just hopefully you can make it interesting in the process. I really don't think they did it this time.

Somehow I think that dorm manager is doomed to be alone. She was desperate enough to take romantic advice from Kuroko. A person who isn't interested in relationships with guys and has failed in dramatic fashion to get anywhere with her target Mikoto. She might as well as the kids at the orphanage for advice.

It's nice that some really enjoyed this. I just got kind of bored during it that's all. Will just have to see what Railgun has left for the rest of the series.
Old 2010-02-12, 07:03   Link #57
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Don't worry. Everything will fall in its place soon.
This week's episode is the last "filler" episode. After that, everyone will finally see the big story arc coming up.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 02:33   Link #58
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I came back to take a look at this anime after dropping it so I really didn't expect much. I was amused, and the twist at the end was pretty distressing, but hey, a lot of stuff could happen; the caretaker will most likely laugh at him. It had me cracking up a lot as Kuroko just seemed insanely enthusastic on matters of love leading to so much silliness, especially when she considers herself the expect. All and all very nice. 8/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 23:32   Link #59
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

That was horrible! (I'm referring to what happened to the dorm manager and not the episode itself here).

I saw it coming when he brought up whether or not age difference matters when it comes down to marriage. I knew he was gonna propose to the Principal afterwards and that it would create a misunderstanding on her part. Damn, I feel kinda sorry for the dorm manager.

Misaka is a side-character as usual.
Old 2010-02-18, 20:50   Link #60
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I did like the scene when Misaka was playing with the children. I think I'll give this series a try again.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote