AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-13, 21:47   Link #1
Midonin
Last Engage

Shin Koihime Musou ~Otome Tairan~

真・恋姫†無双~乙女大乱~
Shin Koihime†Musou ~Otome Tairan~

Airing with Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor as part of the Hyper Bishoujo Sangokushi Hour, which is like Super Hero Time, but with more synergy and fanservice.

Because there's so many characters, you just can't fit them all into one season.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 01:33   Link #2
plmko

I don't know what to feel when I watch this series, its crap and I know its crap. But I always seem to always want to give it another try.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 04:40   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Enjoyed the hell out of the first two seasons, so i can't wait for the third. Only a few months wait now.
Old 2010-02-14, 07:40   Link #4
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Who cares if it's crap? It's fun crap. If you enjoy watching something, quality is irrelevant.

Personally, I find myself quite entertained by this franchise. The character designs are very easy on the eyes and more than a few are relevant to my interests for that matter (Kan'u being exemplary of this. )

And let's be honest, any series that can pull off a successful reference to Ryouri no Tetsujin can't be all that bad.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 20:00   Link #5
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

First season was good, second season was TERRIBLE. I don't know what to expect out of this third.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 13:50   Link #6
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

What made it so terrible, thought everyone loved the yuri-fest
Old 2010-02-15, 14:18   Link #7
straferd
Toushi

there isn't even close to enough yuri! i liked it because it's funny. just needs more action and yuri.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 06:04   Link #8
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
真・恋姫†無双~乙女大乱~
Shin Koihime†Musou ~Otome Tairan~

Airing with Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor as part of the Hyper Bishoujo Sangokushi Hour, which is like Super Hero Time, but with more synergy and fanservice.

Because there's so many characters, you just can't fit them all into one season.
Moar like Spit in Luo Guanzhong's Grave hour if you ask me.

This must be the Japanese way at getting back at the Chinese. Taking a classic novel such as Romance of the Three Kingdoms, ripping it completely apart and throwing it back together with lots of fanservice to the point of unrecognisability.

I'll probably watch one episode but I wish they just had the story and tone down the fanservice.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 22:29   Link #9
Midonin
Last Engage

It's Japan. That sort of thing is remarkably commonplace.
Old 2010-02-19, 11:13   Link #10
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Moar like Spit in Luo Guanzhong's Grave hour if you ask me.

This must be the Japanese way at getting back at the Chinese. Taking a classic novel such as Romance of the Three Kingdoms, ripping it completely apart and throwing it back together with lots of fanservice to the point of unrecognisability.

I'll probably watch one episode but I wish they just had the story and tone down the fanservice.
To my knowledge, there have been much more faithful attempts to portray this story in both animation and live action in Japan before. I suggest finding one of those if that's what you want to watch instead of wasting your time on SKM or Ikki and then coming here to complain about the historical or canonical inaccuracy of a series whose intent is to entertain and not to educate.
Old 2010-02-23, 02:59   Link #11
OkamiNoKaze

I liked the first two series, so I'll probably continue with it. I find it an enjoyable series
Old 2010-02-27, 11:32   Link #12
Midonin
Last Engage

Just got confirmation on the OP theme from the show's website. No title yet, but it will be sung by Masami Okui.
Old 2010-02-28, 01:32   Link #13
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
They still need to get to the point where Ryuubi...

Spoiler:

I was hoping that it would have been done by the end of the second series so that if a third did come to production, they could actually do a 'Fish Out of Water' story and actually put Kazuto in the mix of things. But with the way this is going, it's never going to happen as the production studio continues to cram in more Les Yay which just bugs me.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 18:36   Link #14
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
They still need to get to the point where Ryuubi...

Spoiler:

I was hoping that it would have been done by the end of the second series so that if a third did come to production, they could actually do a 'Fish Out of Water' story and actually put Kazuto in the mix of things. But with the way this is going, it's never going to happen as the production studio continues to cram in more Les Yay which just bugs me.
Then by that season, would it be Shin shin Koihime musou?

Old 2010-02-28, 22:28   Link #15
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

It need to be more then 13eps this time
Old 2010-03-01, 19:28   Link #16
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Just got confirmation on the OP theme from the show's website. No title yet, but it will be sung by Masami Okui.
So much awesome in a single anime. I love it.

BTW, I actually enjoy Shin Koihime Musou. Not sure what the complainers are on.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 20:15   Link #17
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post

Some are just trolling. Some see it as inferior because it doesn't try to push any envelopes or create controversy. Some don't like how pandering and moe it is. And some don't like that it basically butchers its source material.

Believe me when I say that I get why people get pissy when it comes to this series and others like it. Also believe me when I say I don't give a shit about any of that (at least not nearly as much as I used to), I dig it anyway. I find it to be good, mindless fun. If you enjoy a given series, then by all means enjoy it. That's all that matters despite what those who'd consider themselves "critics" might say. Detractors be damned; they largely only post such vitriol because they want to get a rise out of others anyway.

There at least used to be the saying that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Were that more people would heed that saying and simply shut the hell up so the rest of us could enjoy our chosen entertainment in peace, but in this day and age no one can simply leave well enough alone; especially on the Internet.

All that said, I wonder which characters we'll be introduced to this season? Or what section of the story they'll explore this time? But most importantly, how far into the first episode will it be before we start getting fanservice and how badly will the censors be butchering it?
Old 2010-03-01, 20:21   Link #18
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post

Well, I am complaining because:

First season, there was a structure, a plot was in place. Yes, meeting the characters to the last battle. Even the fights in first season were well choreographed (to a degree).
Ex: kanu vs Chouhi, or Chouhi and Bachou vs. Zhang Liao.
The last ep, seemed good with Koumei ordering the forces (and the hawawa)

Whereas "shin" koihime musou starts off with meeting the characters AGAIN and then, they just seem to go nowhere in terms of plot. Second season just felt like one MASSIVE filler + fanservice (but not complaining about this factor).

Not complaining about the songs though, (although, I would have liked Shin more had they used "musou renfa" xD. Minor fact with Kazuto missing because we were told that shin koihime musou would be closer to the actual game adaptation rather than a "sequel" to the first season)

Old 2010-03-01, 20:42   Link #19
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
because we were told that shin koihime musou would be closer to the actual game adaptation
Where did you get this information from? If it was YouTube comments again, that's not the most reliable source.
Old 2010-03-01, 21:11   Link #20
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The only complaint I have about this anime are the barbie nipples.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote