AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-08-30, 01:19   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 877 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, let's do this! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the spoiler:

-Chapter title is "Not sweet". Splash ministory involves Sai meeting his ex-fiance.

-As more of Big Mom's reinforcements flood out of Nami's mirror in the Sunny, Brooke and Chopper find themselves in a pinch.... but not because of the grunts, but Perospero, who has ensnared the both of them with his candy! However, right on the nick of time, Luffy's group arrives! Katakuri foresees that the grunts will be taken down by the new arrivals, so he orders them to retreat back into the mirror. As for Perospero, he attacks Luffy with an iron maiden he created out of candy, but the supernova destroys it with a Red Hawk! As Peros flinches from Luffy's flames, Katakuri takes it upon himself to face the rubber man instead, who also still has Big Mom hot on his tail....!!!

-As Luffy takes on Katakuri, Jinbei begins preparations for their escape. Amidst the chaos, Pedro takes this time to caution Carrot to not be surprised by what's about to happen next. He also tells her that he believes Luffy and co. will help bring about the new "dawn" to the world that the minks and Kouzuki clan have sought for centuries....

-Perospero orders to have the coast surrounded by battleships, sealing off our heroes' escape. Knowing at this point that no ordinary sailing method will do, Nami prepares to escape using the Sunny's Coup de Burst..... but Perospero stops the ship in its tracks by covering it with candy! Pedro resolves to help everyone escape, but Peros, catching on to the jaguar man's actions, restrains him, as well! This, however, does not deter the mink in the least. He brings out some bombs that he hid on his person, and is determined to take Peros down with him! He tells him that his magic will become undone, and gives his last farewell before his bombs set off! Both he and Big Mom's first son become enveloped within the ensuing inferno....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-08-31 at 19:12.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 12:58   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wait a minute. Was Nami going to leave Sanji behind?
Old 2017-08-30, 13:17   Link #3
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Alright, some thing to look forward to finally, Luffy V.S Katakuri, I was hoping they'd fight.

Hopefully they have a good one

I guess this means the arc is pretty much over.

I'm hoping the cake theory does not happen but * sigh *

Also, whoever predicted a break for the next chapter gets two points, blah breaks.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 19:00   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Remember, the Chocolate Town Pudding is taking Sanji is on a different island in Big Mom's territory (in fact, it's where Luffy's group first met Pudding earlier in the arc). While Whole Cake Island happens to be BM's HQ, don't forget Totland is also made up of several smaller islands. Obviously, Luffy's group would pick up Sanji from Pudding's island during their escape (or I guess she can fly him to the Sunny on her carpet, etc.). Otherwise, what was the point of them all risking their lives to save him in the first place?

On another note, I see Pedro basically set himself up to be this arc's Pell at this point, lol.
Old 2017-08-30, 21:01   Link #5
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I guess this means the arc is pretty much over.

I'm hoping the cake theory does not happen but * sigh *
Almost over actually. As for your platitude plight, I say "Let them have cake".
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 09:17   Link #6
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so Katakuri is like T-1000 candy version with luffy's fighting abilities? lol
Old 2017-08-31, 10:02   Link #7
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nope. He went with Pudding and Chiffon to Cacoa Island to work on the cake.

Meanwhile, that's one problem down. Perospero now has to go into a hole in the ground afterward. Hats off to you, Pedro!
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 13:04   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Remember, the Chocolate Town Pudding is taking Sanji is on a different island in Big Mom's territory (in fact, it's where Luffy's group first met Pudding earlier in the arc). While Whole Cake Island happens to be BM's HQ, don't forget Totland is also made up of several smaller islands. Obviously, Luffy's group would pick up Sanji from Pudding's island during their escape (or I guess she can fly him to the Sunny on her carpet, etc.). Otherwise, what was the point of them all risking their lives to save him in the first place?

On another note, I see Pedro basically set himself up to be this arc's Pell at this point, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Nope. He went with Pudding and Chiffon to Cacoa Island to work on the cake.

Meanwhile, that's one problem down. Perospero now has to go into a hole in the ground afterward. Hats off to you, Pedro!
For some reason, I associated "escape" with "getting out of Big Mom's territory" in my mind. Sailing/escaping to the island Sanji is on makes a hell of a lot more sense. In the first place, they can't make a clean escape so long as Big Mom has Zeus anyway (I don't think Nami's trick will work every time, that would be too convenient).

Pedro's sacrifice was great, but yeah, I suspect he pulled a Pell on us.
Old 2017-08-31, 16:40   Link #9
necrolyte

I really hope that it won't turn out to be another fake sacrifice. It will be good for once to actually have some mature plot, I mean Straw Hats can't always escape with random allies coming to the rescue or convinient DF powers or random power ups at the right moment. It is time to escape by sacrificing something(someone in this case) important so the story can feel more real.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 19:39   Link #10
marvelB

Huh, Perospero has a 700 million bounty, is surprisingly versatile with his candy powers, and is pretty darned competent as a leader.... kinda makes me wonder why he doesn't count as one of the sweet commanders. Sure, he may not be as strong as Katakuri, but he's certainly no less dangerous, IMO....

Also, rather amusing to see Sai confront his ex-fiance in the ministory. Sai better hope she doesn't crash the wedding between him and Baby 5!
Old 2017-09-01, 12:08   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, rather amusing to see Sai confront his ex-fiance in the ministory. Sai better hope she doesn't crash the wedding between him and Baby 5!
I was rather amused by the ministory as well. Sai certainly made the right choice by proposing to Baby 5 in my view.
Old 2017-09-01, 13:18   Link #12
Hoodspirit

I hope Pedro survives.
It's just wrong on so many levels.
Pedro dying in front of Luffy, who could probably one-to-three-shot Perospero with flame attacks. It's just not worth it.
Also it would trade Sanji's life for Pedro's, Sanji will feel heavily responsible for it.
Additionally, it barely had an emotional impact... seeing him die after he wittnessed the dawn, would be way more tear-jerking.

Jinbei gathered a few minus points this chapter. Better he shuts up in the future when other people are asking question to non-jinbe characters.
Old 2017-09-01, 22:41   Link #13
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

RIP Pedro

well it's not like we're not expecting people died in this arc
I really thought Jinbei would be the one to do it but looks like Pedro will take off first
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 02:53   Link #14
The Small One

This is One Piece. No side character dies in this story.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 10:52   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm still sour about Bon Clay being alive. That was a pretty badass "death" to get nullified.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-02, 23:41   Link #16
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Wasn't Ace a side character throughout the whole story? 🤔
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 06:29   Link #17
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Are we going to see a One Piece's Wild Dog? (Wild Dog from Time Crisis always survive after suicide explosion) It's too bad if Pedro died though but at least it will move some of his former crew to stand against Big Mom.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 12:56   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Wasn't Ace a side character throughout the whole story? 🤔
Ace was the main character's brother. That alone made him more than a side character, no matter how little screentime he actually got in the story.
Old 2017-09-04, 12:14   Link #19
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 877
That was a good chapter. Poor Pedro

Dogtooth Vs. Luffy
Dogtooth has some strong haki, he is the first Logia since the timeskip that I know of that was able to take Luffy's punches and still able to use his power. Second he must be vulnerable to fire because he countered Luffy's first punch(red hawk) but he did not counter the second attack(Hawk Gatling). Dogtooth can identify people behind objects he was surprised to see Luffy even before the brush was pushed away. Has for the fight its going to be like fighting Enel. Dogtooth has predicted all of Luffy's moves before they happened. Not once does he show any surprise on his face when fighting luffy (except for page 8). Dogtooth is handling Luffy pretty well.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 18:36   Link #20
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 877
That was a good chapter. Poor Pedro

Dogtooth Vs. Luffy
Dogtooth has some strong haki, he is the first Logia since the timeskip that I know of that was able to take Luffy's punches and still able to use his power. Second he must be vulnerable to fire because he countered Luffy's first punch(red hawk) but he did not counter the second attack(Hawk Gatling). Dogtooth can identify people behind objects he was surprised to see Luffy even before the brush was pushed away. Has for the fight its going to be like fighting Enel. Dogtooth has predicted all of Luffy's moves before they happened. Not once does he show any surprise on his face when fighting luffy (except for page 8). Dogtooth is handling Luffy pretty well.
Katakuri's Devil's fruit was retconned into a special Paramecia in the most recent Volume; Volume 87, I think.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote