AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-03, 11:01   Link #1281
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Forgot to post these a couple of weeks ago. These were some seriously fist-pumping manly moments from episode 08 that had me....well fist pumping:

Spoiler for Manly Posing:

Whoever is doing the art direction for this show sure knows how to do a dramatic pose, be it with a super robot or two dudes on a hill with dramatic wind and lens flare.
Outstanding, especially after Zero Time when they were breathing speechlessly...
+++++
Spoiler for Fairy Tail !!!:
Old 2010-12-03, 11:36   Link #1282
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I kept telling myself i would be catching up with this show on a rainy day, and today decided it is rainy enough. Having watched all 9 episodes in one sitting, i can say i am generally pleased. While everything being FABULOUS and wrapped up in catastrophic fashion sense did take some time getting used to, i learned to live with it pretty quickly. Overdramatic theatrics and over the top presentation is obviously what they are shooting for here, and succeeding for the most part. Some scenes i find genuinely attractive/exciting to watch, like the activation sequence, with the iron coffin racing to the top of its tower to be plugged in. Appropriate sense of "grand", there.

I am less excited about the mecha combat though, which is probably my least liked part of the show. It was reasonably fun (once i got past the WTF looks factor) the first few times, but by now the battles have become very formulaic and predictable. Tauburn's copy/pasta entrance scenes aren't particularly interesting either, though i wonder if my dislike for them is amplified by watching 9 episodes in a row.

Either way, lately it feels like the battle scenes are taking place because the staff decided they need to have a mandatory battle scene each episode, rather than actually serving much of a purpose. This feeling has gone up many-fold, ever since they introduced that glittering star have found a way to repair their cybodies. In a way, this renders all the skirmishes moot and they can keep having them without any real consequence to the plot. Having a fixed number of cybodies was an interesting limitation imposed on the order (and also fit well with the episode count), but having said limitation removed kinda cheapens the whole deal. Ah well ...

The main reason why i like this show, though, are the characters. I find the main trio (and some of the villains) a fairly likable bunch to follow, and generally feel the show has a quite charismatic cast behind all the FABULOUS glitter. The emotions generally feel raw and the relationships compelling, as opposed to superficial. I find it quite easy to get drawn in to the interactions, they feel sincerely emotional.

Takuto is a quite likable fellow, and finally we have a male lead who comes with preset powers, knowledge and at least limited understanding of them, as well as being reasonably competent with swords. This alone sets him apart from most of the shou8nen mecha flock, who happen to find themselves inside a mecha by accident, yet proceed to trample people regardless. The theme of an outsider upsetting local balance is nothing new, but i feel they are playing it out in a compelling enough way, and i generally find myself wanting to see more of how his relationship with Wako is going to develop.

Similarly, i find Wako quite likable as well. She might not have much in terms of unique personality quirks and may seem exceedingly normal among this cast of eccentrics, but i think that is her charm. Just a normal girl who is facing the life best she can, trying to not to let her circumstances get to her and boggle her down. I can't really call heads or tails on whether she likes Sugata or not, though. I am tempted to say "not", in a romantic sense, but it is likely her feelings are a bit more complex than that on the matter, and tangled up within the childhood bond and closeness she shares with him. Separating the two and recognizing those as separate form of attachment is likely not going to come easy for her, but presence of Takuto is going to push her to do so likely, sooner or later.

Same with Sugata, i am finding it hard to pin down what exactly his feelings for Wako are. She is obviously important to him, and he would go out of his way to protect her, but it is quite blurry on the romantic side. It is hard to say whether him trying to push her together with Takuto is an act of self-sacrifice in terms of romance, in a bid to free her, or it being the later without the former. Generally it seems the engagement doesn't sit well with him, which muddles the water even more, as he might think Wako would pursue a romantic relationship with him out of obligation, were he to push it, regardless of how she actually felt. I get a feeling he wouldn't mind a relationship with Wako, but seems kinda unsure whether a completely sincere one is possible between them, with the 'obligation' there to help along. Or i could be wrong, and personally i would prefer to be - i could very much appreciate a show without a love triangle for once, where he indeed would be a big brother figure for Wako, looking out for her best interests. Either way, a quite honorable guy.

With the above in mind, i must say i am not all that happy with introduction of Mizuno. I find the relationship between the trio as one of the main draws of the show, and Mizuno seems like a proverbial third wheel, which i can already feel putting the (already slow) developments between the three to a halt with her presence. I already wish she goes the way of the Fish Girl (Dam, OST can't come soon enough, i 'must' have that song) as soon as possible, so we can put the relationship focus back where it actually matters. Considering i don't derive much oomph from the mecha side, i only hope her presence doesn't put the other side to a screeching halt as well.

So ...yeah. A reasonably entertaining show thus far, straight-forward as it might be, with some unexpectedly compelling characters, though it does feel to be winding down somewhat during the last episodes. Here's hoping they keep up the ante, interactions, and manage to inject some worthwhile stimulant in the mecha side as well.

/walloftext
Old 2010-12-03, 23:48   Link #1283
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesebzgal View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
1) I believe that she's a maiden... it's almost like a given. (for me at least)
2) that I find hard to believe... unless they get a DNA test from maury
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 01:39   Link #1284
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Similarly, i find Wako quite likable as well. She might not have much in terms of unique personality quirks and may seem exceedingly normal among this cast of eccentrics, but i think that is her charm. Just a normal girl who is facing the life best she can, trying to not to let her circumstances get to her and boggle her down. I can't really call heads or tails on whether she likes Sugata or not, though. I am tempted to say "not", in a romantic sense, but it is likely her feelings are a bit more complex than that on the matter, and tangled up within the childhood bond and closeness she shares with him. Separating the two and recognizing those as separate form of attachment is likely not going to come easy for her, but presence of Takuto is going to push her to do so likely, sooner or later.
Wako is probably one of my favourite female leads in a good long while. It's nice to have a break from the overbearing tsundere prodigy types (it's getting to the point where I just flat out don't want to watch a show if one is a main character) I've seen way to damn much of in the last couple of seasons and instead have someone that is pleasant, quite and somewhat normal.

Quote:
With the above in mind, i must say i am not all that happy with introduction of Mizuno. I find the relationship between the trio as one of the main draws of the show, and Mizuno seems like a proverbial third wheel, which i can already feel putting the (already slow) developments between the three to a halt with her presence. I already wish she goes the way of the Fish Girl (Dam, OST can't come soon enough, i 'must' have that song) as soon as possible, so we can put the relationship focus back where it actually matters. Considering i don't derive much oomph from the mecha side, i only hope her presence doesn't put the other side to a screeching halt as well.
I don't think Mizuno is going to turn out to be as much of a threat to the development of the main trio which I find to be one of the biggest draws of the show for myself as well. I'm reasonably sure she's a character for this arc alone, but if not god help us cause as I mentioned I find her pretty annoying for the most part.

Also really? Somebody besides myself that didn't really give a damn that Fish Girl left the show? I mean I miss the song, but she really had no character or purpose other than to tell the story, sing a song and play around in that cage. She was going absolutely nowhere as a character and served her purpose so it's probably a good that they decided to drop her from the show after her she finished the story.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 06:33   Link #1285
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for Episode 10 of The Radiance of Gaykuto:

Last edited by margafred; 2010-12-05 at 07:17.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 07:39   Link #1286
Grim_Reaper

Spoiler for ep 10:
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 12:10   Link #1287
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I was wondering something: If the blonde miko is taken in the zero time, why aren't the other maidens taken there too?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 12:35   Link #1288
Arkard

Spoiler for Ep. 10:
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 12:44   Link #1289
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I was wondering something: If the blonde miko is taken in the zero time, why aren't the other maidens taken there too?
Probably becoz the other mikos aren't aware of the zero time or of their Cybody yet. The symbol of awareness is either the mask that GCB members have, or the sign on the chest. If i understand it right, they should activate this "awareness" at least once in order to allow them to enter zero time world. This explains why Sugata, who has the sign on his chest but didn't enter the zero time world in episode 2, but later gained the ability to do so after he activated his Cybody for the first time.

Zero Time is a world where any active Cybody would be captured onto it. In order to activate a Cybody, a person must at least has the awareness about his/her own Cybody, and has gone through the process of linking with Cybody. Mizuno hasn't done this yet, at least from what i'm aware of since her first appearance in the previous episode, which is why she is unaffected by the zero time world.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 12:47   Link #1290
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 10:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
They haven't apprivoised yet.
Old 2010-12-05, 13:11   Link #1291
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 10:
Spoiler for Ep10:
Old 2010-12-05, 13:29   Link #1292
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Probably becoz the other mikos aren't aware of the zero time or of their Cybody yet. The symbol of awareness is either the mask that GCB members have, or the sign on the chest. If i understand it right, they should activate this "awareness" at least once in order to allow them to enter zero time world. This explains why Sugata, who has the sign on his chest but didn't enter the zero time world in episode 2, but later gained the ability to do so after he activated his Cybody for the first time.

Zero Time is a world where any active Cybody would be captured onto it. In order to activate a Cybody, a person must at least has the awareness about his/her own Cybody, and has gone through the process of linking with Cybody. Mizuno hasn't done this yet, at least from what i'm aware of since her first appearance in the previous episode, which is why she is unaffected by the zero time world.
Thank you for the explanation. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They haven't apprivoised yet.
Thank you.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 13:31   Link #1293
SassyRobot

Spoiler for episode 10:
SassyRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 13:42   Link #1294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my, funnels. <3

New song is pretty awesome, though has nothing on Monochrome.
Old 2010-12-05, 13:54   Link #1295
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 10:
Old 2010-12-05, 16:53   Link #1296
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2010-12-05, 17:10   Link #1297
Wakan Tanka

To sum this ep up,,

-Yellow darts are always off, Cuz' he was wearing glasses

-Maticore & Star Sword got the Kiroboshi gesture right this time... so they were mocking the whole Crux-thing back then.

-Miuzno & Manticore have the same likings, then they both love Takuto,, I mistook Miuzno for being able to tell the future in ep 09...

-Wako said: first phase powers can't defeat Cybodies., if so, why keep fightin'
, guess that they weren't told the whole truth.. and S.O wants to get rid of those fake mark-holders...Remeber Head is the only one who never asked anyone of his Crux Members to fight Takuto....

-Who's Miuzno & Manticore's AUNT & FATHER??

-Keiko has the hots for Sugata....?

-What's with this it'-ll-be-okay-SPELL??
Old 2010-12-05, 17:25   Link #1298
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

This was a good episode. I enjoyed it, just like I've been enjoying the ones before.

Though I do miss the monochrome song. It was such a nice soothing piece. But oh well. This one was nice, but I prefer Wako's and Fish girl's.

Sucks for Sugata, he can't help Takuto, but he will in due time :3 I foresee a tag team match up against the Crux brigade :] Takuto and Sugata against other two members of the brigade.
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:17   Link #1299
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep10:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 28). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Soul Eater Not! (Meme). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). etc., etc. Total of 250 roles.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 18:18   Link #1300
Bombo
TSF Fans

nice song from MizunoBut not like fishgirl song
That's what I want to say about this episode .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen