AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 42 Rating
Perfect 10 8 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-02-04, 18:24   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 42 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 42.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 22:49   Link #2
Galaxian

I want blood...

Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 02:11   Link #3
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I want blood...
Blood will be shed, believe me.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 02:14   Link #4
n0m@n
Code Ero

Jasley must die.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 03:56   Link #5
Irenesharda

I'm...I'm shaking all over.

This episode zoomed by, and it was as deadly lethal as we thought it was going to be. Jasley got what was coming to him, and I loved every minute.

First of all, I found it interesting that we started from medias res, with the fight already in progress. I also like that Orga nor Eugene really have to say a word. In fact, most of Tekkadan doesn't. To them, this is basically the "usual".
I did like that Hush got an upgrade from his Shidan as well and is now using the Hekija.

Jasley turns out to be quite the coward, though not as bad as Iok. However, when Iok doesn't show up, he tries to hide behind daddy's "skirts" and McMurdo isn't having it. I just loved that whole conversation between the two of them, as if he didn't think Barriston was going to find out.

And that scene...that final scene...Mika taking out Jasley...it was the first time I've seen in a long time a killing scene that tied and matched Char's bazooka kill shot from the 0079 series. I literally jumped off my chair and shouted in excitement. It was so, so good. Especially with Mika and Orga mirroring each other and Orga giving Mika the kill order. Oh...It was so satisfying...

But time waits for no man, and McGillis is already moving on. He's made his declaration to the world that he's no longer going to accept business as usual for Gjallarhorn anymore. Tekkadan, now out from under Teiwaz's umbrella are going "kings of Mars or bust" because that's the only option they have now. Kudelia to has acknowledged this, and we can only watch and see where this takes our heroes.

But yay! Next week it looks like we are finally going to get some backstory of Macky, and Vidar's going to finally do something, so can't wait for that!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-02-05 at 05:28. Reason: It's been awhile...
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 04:42   Link #6
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

After this arc. How would you guys rate the antagonists vs First season? Did you think IBO improved on the villains category?
Old 2017-02-05, 04:45   Link #7
Skaddix

Carta, Gali and Ein? Do we count McGillis?
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 04:52   Link #8
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Carta, Gali and Ein? Do we count McGillis?
Well, you also have the arc long ones, like the CGS First Group, Corel and his guys, the Brewers as well, Nobliss, and Arianrhod for the first time, with the whole Dort thing, oh and Iznario and his puppet girl.

Macky was more of an anti-hero even then. He only actively fought Tekkadan once, and spent a good chunk of the later half actively helping them or at least dropping huge breadcrumbs for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
After this arc. How would you guys rate the antagonists vs First season? Did you think IBO improved on the villains category?
Well, it's kind of hard to say. The antagonists of the first half suited that part of the story. They were bad, but not as bad as the ones we have now, because Tekkadan wasn't as good as they are now either. They were suitable for the level Tekkadan was, at that time. The ones they face now are worse and have bigger reach and connections, but that was to be expected as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-05, 05:00   Link #9
tdx

This was... so sad. Especially when Orga answered Jasley's call requesting negotiations and said that he just wanted to see Jasley beg for his life but it didn't even feel satisfying for him. And the following scene, after Mika crashed Jasley's ship... And all of his doubts he tries not to show when answering Eugene's question about if McGillis' revolution is really what Orga himself wants. From how his eyes are not shown, how he hesitates, we know he has a lot of doubts if it really is, but there's simply no choice for him anymore. It's so painful to be Orga right now...

I was surprised they let Hush pilot Hekija. And I also didn't expect Zack to have a problem with killing (another sign of him being a spy?)

Tekkadan is disowned from Teiwaz and they also break off all connections with Admoss company. McGillis' revolution is starting, and Kudelia, as the Maiden of Revolution, is facing a difficult choice, especially after Merribit stated her own choice (resigning from Teiwaz and sticking with Tekkadan because she wants to help the kids and because her precious person is in Tekkadan). "My precious person(or people, because Japanese generally has no plural, so hito can be both a person and people) in Tekkadan, too," Kudelia thinks later.

Oh, Arianrhod's chief mechanic is some kind of evil temptress or something, because she said to Julietta that the only way to be stronger left for her now might be to forsake her humanity. Like a certain person whose name she didn't voice because she got called suddently. So Ein 2.0 with Julietta intensifies further.

Last edited by tdx; 2017-02-05 at 05:19.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 05:20   Link #10
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
This was... so sad. Especially when Orga answered Jasley's call requesting negotiations and said that he just wanted to see Jasley beg for his life but it didn't even feel satisfying for him. And the following scene, after Mika crashed Jasley's ship... And all of his doubts he tries not to show when answering Eugene's question about if McGillis' revolution is really what Orga himself wants. From how his eyes are not shown, how he hesitates, we know he has a lot of doubts if it really is, but there's simply no choice for him anymore. It's so painful to be Orga right now...

I was surprised they let Hush pilot Hekija. And I also didn't expect Zack to have a problem with killing (another sign of him being a spy?)

Tekkadan is disowned from Teiwaz and they also break off all connections with Admoss company. McGillis' revolution is starting, and Kudelia, as the Maiden of Revolution, is facing a difficult choice, especially after Merribit stated her own choice (resigning from Teiwaz and sticking with Tekkadan because she wants to help the kids and because her precious person is in Tekkadan). "My precious person(or people, because Japanese generally has no plural, so hito can be both a person and people) in Tekkadan, too," Kudelia thinks later.
I kind of like that though. It kind of shows the changes they have undergone since they faced Carta. While facing Jasley here was just as necessary as when they fought Carta, their response is different. Now, it's just business, just another job they have to do and get out of the way. Because really you should waste anymore such time or emotion on someone like Jasley, who is a coward who can dish it out but he can't take it.

As for Orga's hesitance, well everyone has told him and he knows more so now than ever, that it's going to be a hard road and it's one that he's chosen and that he will have to see it through. But I don't think it's hit him how much sacrifice it was going to require until now. But then again, anything great worth keeping, will cost you quite a bit in return. Tekkadan will have their biggest trial by fire yet, and Orga will be at the center of it.
Gjallarhorn has to change or their rotten stagnation will infect everything around it eventually, just as Iok and Rustal's actions have forever changed parts of the outer sphere. Tekkadan will either sit on the sidelines and watch from a distance, or they will continue the course and take part. It's a high reward at stake, but also high chance of destruction of everything they've built if they fail.

As for Zack, it's really just a continuation from how he was way back in the beginning, when he couldn't believe people could die after their first battle. But then again, he's a lot like how some of Tekkadan was in season one, when they had to face human debris fighters. That whole thing last time changed Shino. I'm not sure if Zack will change too, but it depends on if he even gets a chance to do anything important.

I was happy to see Merribit stick it out with Tekkadan, though I didn't doubt she would. Kudelia too will have to see what she will do now. Tekkadan purposefully let her go to protect her, but it will be her choice as the Maiden of Revolution to see if she will enter the fray voluntarily this time around.

Quote:
Oh, Arianrhod's chief mechanic is some kind of evil temptress or something, because she said to Julietta that the only way to be stronger left for her now might be to forsake her humanity. Like a certain person whose name she didn't voice because she got called suddently. So Ein 2.0 with Julietta intensifies further.
I've actually thought that might happen ever since both Rustal and Vidar warned her about taking this path with this new machine. I can see it now, Vidar having to do the same thing to Julietta that Mika had to do with Ein, because she goes insane just as Ein did...possibly insanity is a side-effect of doing AV at too old of an age, and having it connected to a machine that is too intense for the user?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-05, 05:36   Link #11
Skaddix

Makes sense its clear you cant compete with Mika without an AV System.

Granted Triple AV isn't the only thing that makes Mika Mika.
Old 2017-02-05, 05:38   Link #12
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I kind of like that though. It kind of shows the changes they have undergone since they faced Carta. While facing Jasley here was just as necessary as when they fought Carta, their response is different. Now, it's just business, just another job they have to do and get out of the way. Because really you should waste anymore such time or emotion on someone like Jasley, who is a coward who can dish it out but he can't take it.
It may be just business, but from his reactions I think this battle was the hardest on Orga to date. It's like he's already burnt out emotionally, but the real shit is only just starting... "What would Aniki say, I wonder." "He'd get mad," Mika responds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I was happy to see Merribit stick it out with Tekkadan, though I didn't doubt she would. Kudelia too will have to see what she will do now. Tekkadan purposefully let her go to protect her, but it will be her choice as the Maiden of Revolution to see if she will enter the fray voluntarily this time around.
Her company is a joint with Teiwaz so it's kinda her obligation to cut off her ties with the rogues. The consequences for her making a move to support Tekkadan may be quite devastating, up to shutting down her firm or at the very least having to depend on Nobliss even more than before. But I have no doubt her nature won't let her to just sit idly, so she'll join one way or another (and I'm glad she'll be back in action as not just a side love interest but in her primary role as a politician). What exactly she can do though I have no idea for now.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 05:50   Link #13
Skaddix

Probably the hardest because he is becoming more like Mika. Doesn't feel the emotions more anyway.

This Tekkadan performance wasn't even Business Like. It was Business Casual.

When they fought Dawn Horizon. Pilots were taking meals in their Mobile Suits. Not watching the battle from the Galley while eating their meals in leisure.

As McGillis stated JPT Trust was no where close to Tekkadan. And this Tekkadan has more firepower now then they did against Dawn Horizon a far more legit foe.

Kudelia is narrating again. So be interesting to see this fateful day.

Last edited by Skaddix; 2017-02-05 at 06:01.
Old 2017-02-05, 06:14   Link #14
Azurial

Fuck yea!!!!! One down one more idiot to go but im not satisfied with jackassley death he need to suffer more....but is still gonna take a long time to forget all of turbines member death especially Naze, Amida and best girl Lafter XD

Finally next episode Mika vs Gali yeaaaaa and Julieta noob gtfo pls

Lesson learn to Jackassley never hit a dog unless your sure if they dont bite
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 06:19   Link #15
Irenesharda

I do have to mention, that Jasley's ship, was just as gaudy and tacky as he was. I mean, come on! Pink and Gold?! Ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
It may be just business, but from his reactions I think this battle was the hardest on Orga to date. It's like he's already burnt out emotionally, but the real shit is only just starting... "What would Aniki say, I wonder." "He'd get mad," Mika responds.
I find that interesting since, Naze did so much so that they could be free to become the kings of Mars, and even he couldn't have seen how far Jasley would decide to go. I'm kind of happy a bit that they separated from Teiwaz. I've become kind of ashamed of the way they operate and how McMurdo let Jasley get away with so much for so long. It should never get to the point where everyone has to cower in fear and take that piece of craps antics, rather than challenging him on it, for fear of making trouble and getting tossed out. I kind of like that Tekkadan is on their own again. It comes with higher risk, but it also comes with more freedom.

Quote:
Her company is a joint with Teiwaz so it's kinda her obligation to cut off her ties with the rogues. The consequences for her making a move to support Tekkadan may be quite devastating, up to shutting down her firm or at the very least having to depend on Nobliss even more than before. But I have no doubt her nature won't let her to just sit idly, so she'll join one way or another (and I'm glad she'll be back in action as not just a side love interest but in her primary role as a politician). What exactly she can do though I have no idea for now.
Was her company that connected to Teiwaz? I've never really seen her have any connection with them since way back in the beginning of last season, and that was before she even thought about starting the company. And I've never seen her mention it before. Also, I can't see Kudelia is being the type to cut ties simply because of association and possibly getting in trouble. I see her definitely coming back in and helping Tekkadan, even though they tried to keep her out of it. I mean, she has to put that title she gained to use.

They say a war has more than one battlefield, and even Macky saw her great potential, which is why he saved her life during the whole Dort affair by warning her. Tekkadan might be doing the physical fighting. But Kudelia can fight with her biggest weapon: her words and her connections. While yes, she made that statement in the beginning about words not meaning much, I think even she can see how her words connected with Tekkadan's actions can be a good thing that can cause change.

Birthing pains are never pleasant. A new era will come from this, one way or the other, and there will be pain before a new life can begin.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-05, 06:26   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

McMurdo went full Don Vito Corleone, and I like it .

There are some nagging questions I have about the episode:

What did McGilis do to Iok & Rustal? Did he just made them fugitives? With Arianrhod under Rustal, is that even possible?

And about the rebel announcement, did the announcer made it clear to the masses that they belong to McGillis' faction or not? Also, why the announcements instead of officially arresting Iok? Did Iok retaliate? Did Rustal refuse to hand Iok over to McG?

What McG did in this episode reminded me of how Treize took over OZ in Wing. Only, Treize's "transition" went a lot smoother due to impeccabale planning & preparation & timing and he had plenty of resources and legions of loyal followers to do it. Now the question is: does McG has that level of preparation? Does McGillis even has enough forces & resources for his revoution? Let's see...he has some Gjallarhorn members under him (not clear how many), he has his people on Montag Company, and he has Tekkadan. Is it really enough to confront Arianrhod and the rest of SS families' forces? I'll just hope for the best because people like Rustal & Iok really need to pay.
Old 2017-02-05, 06:31   Link #17
Skaddix

Well if I had to guess I guess Rustal and Iok knew the Press Conference was coming.

And thus decided not to waste troops on saving Jalsey. And not to show up to the meeting assuming it was a trap. No one on Team Rustal was shown as acting as if anything happened to either of them.
Old 2017-02-05, 06:38   Link #18
B214

McMurdo shows Jasley why he is Teiwaz's leader and not the latter. And that's 1 down another to go.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 06:40   Link #19
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Does McGillis even has enough forces & resources for his revoution? Let's see...he has some Gjallarhorn members under him (not clear how many), he has his people on Montag Company, and he has Tekkadan. Is it really enough to confront Arianrhod and the rest of SS families' forces? I'll just hope for the best because people like Rustal & Iok really need to pay.
He has the Outer Earth Orbit Regulatory Joint Fleet, which is also pretty big. Not as powerful as the Arianrhod Fleet, but not weak either.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 06:40   Link #20
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
What McG did in this episode reminded me of how Treize took over OZ in Wing. Only, Treize's "transition" went a lot smoother due to impeccabale planning & preparation & timing and he had plenty of resources and legions of loyal followers to do it. Now the question is: does McG has that level of preparation? Does McGillis even has enough forces & resources for his revoution? Let's see...he has some Gjallarhorn members under him (not clear how many), he has his people on Montag Company, and he has Tekkadan. Is it really enough to confront Arianrhod and the rest of SS families' forces? I'll just hope for the best because people like Rustal & Iok really need to pay.
Well, I'm sure the declaration alone would be enough to sow discord within the Gjallarhorn ranks and get some on board McGillis' revolutionary faction. McGillis' figurehead did drop some pretty inflammatory bombshells (e.g. use of illegal weapons, massacre of civilians) and cast Rustal and Iok as liabilities to Gjallahorn's righteous cause.

The problem is: few revolutions ever end well, and counter-revolutions almost inevitably follow. Revolutionaries often become the very monsters they pledge to destroy, so I'm not that confident that McGillis' plot will succeed without a bloodbath, some souls sold to the devil and plenty of sacrifices, human or not.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote