AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-06-17, 19:57   Link #1701
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Daru is a virgin, end o story.
He might not be a virgin at some point in the future, though. Especially depending on exactly what year Suzuha comes from in the timeline.
Old 2011-06-17, 20:00   Link #1702
Shyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
By this point, my speculation on S;G started to look like Terminator for me...
Then we have Mayushii as the key hero/final boss who sent her memory back to help everyone from the shadow....
I was thinking slightly along those lines, but only after this weeks episode. She could have sent her memories back to either help or hurt.

Other random thoughts, but not yet formulated. XD
"Shining Finger" is an intriguing character perhaps she has kept some of her memories from the line jumps as well? No evidence for this, just how she reacts gives me that impression. I could be dead wrong with this, but for the moment this is an idea. XD

Also I have high suspicions with Daru. Coincidence could play a role here, but first reaction is that at this point he might be the one sending the texts to Okarin. Again it wasn't until the latest episode before I thought of this possibility.

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:01   Link #1703
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Ok, that is just random... oh wait! you're a girl posting in this forum... now it starts to make sense
Hysteria Syndrome... huh?
Old 2011-06-17, 20:01   Link #1704
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Also, she stated she felt at home (or something along those lines) at the lab. We were then shown a picture featuring Daru and Suzuha together. I wouldn't call that evidence, but the anime was certainly strongly hinting to the viewers that Daru is her father.
Okay, but then the theory assumes Suzuha knows who her father is, because Suzuha knew he was going to the meeting. In which case, wouldn't Suzuha would have revealed Daru was her father to Okarin? And Okarin, possessing Reading Steiner, would have retained this memory.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:38   Link #1705
Westlo
Lets be reality

I fell a bit behind in watching this... but watched 7-11 in one sitting.. just gotta say.. I was liking it before but they really stepped it up in those episodes and I don't think we're anywhere near the peak of how good this will be...

Oh yeah... Okarin and Christina!!! forever!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:47   Link #1706
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I sent you a PM deconstructor

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:02   Link #1707
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
And Okarin, possessing Reading Steiner, would have retained this memory.
That's not at all how the Reading Steiner works. Okarin Prime replaces the memories of the new timeline Okarin's with his own when he jumps lines.

Oh christ this is starting to sound like Remember11 isn't it...
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:39   Link #1708
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
That's not at all how the Reading Steiner works. Okarin Prime replaces the memories of the new timeline Okarin's with his own when he jumps lines.
Actually, I just remembered the party happens in an alternate timeline Okarin transfers into, so the current Okarin wouldn't have this experience. The scene where Suzuha shows Okarin the picture of the party jogged my memory.

This taken into account, wouldn't Suzuha have revealed she was Daru's daughter to everyone else as well? Mayuri, Christina, Ruka...
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:48   Link #1709
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Actually, I just remembered the party happens in an alternate timeline Okarin transfers into, so the current Okarin wouldn't have this experience. The scene where Suzuha shows Okarin the picture of the party jogged my memory.

This taken into account, wouldn't Suzuha have revealed she was Daru's daughter to everyone else as well? Mayuri, Christina, Ruka...
I don't think Suzuha's staying has anything at all to do with finding out who her father was. I think she simply stayed because she likes the group, and Okarin ran after her.

The Daru/Suzuha connection can be argued independently using pretty much the laws of writing a good mystery.

1, She is from the future
2, She came to the past to find her father
3, She didn't disappear when Ruka became a girl (Her father cannot be Ruka)
4. She hates Kurisu, the woman Okarin is most likely to end up with (Her father is almost certainly not Okarin)
5, While possible for her father to be Mr. Braun, you'd hope she knew she had a cute older sister called Nae. (Her father is probably not Mr. Braun)
6, Therefore her father can be pretty accurately guessed as being the only other male; Daru.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 10:02   Link #1710
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I fell a bit behind in watching this... but watched 7-11 in one sitting.. just gotta say.. I was liking it before but they really stepped it up in those episodes and I don't think we're anywhere near the peak of how good this will be...

Oh yeah... Okarin and Christina!!! forever!
Yeah, episodes 7-11 really are the episodes that rewards those that have stuck with the series. It was a bit on the slow side before that, but the wonderful character chemistry, that have been more interesting and endearing in 6 episodes than, let's say, the entirety of K-On S1 made it easier for me.

And I second Okarin x KURISUTINA. The chemistry is GREAT.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 17:06   Link #1711
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
I doubt she'd do that even if she is Daru's daughter. That's as good as admitting she is from the future.
Old 2011-06-18, 18:42   Link #1712
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think that's way too harsh towards Kurisu's father.

The scientific fields are ones of great professional pride, especially at the higher echelons, where both Kurisu and her father were at (she's still there, he less so).

Being shown up, and even somewhat discredited, in that field by your own teenage daughter (it's not like she's a trained adult) has to be a serious blow to one's sense of self-esteem and professional pride. I mean, here is something that you've dedicated your life to, and have gained prestige in, and a person half of your age (or less) and of your own linage is surpassing you and ripping apart the scientific papers that you took so much pride in.

It's a very difficult situation, and I think it calls for understanding and respect.

Now, that's not to say that Kurisu's father is right for turning against his daughter - of course he's not - but his reasons are very understandable, and call for sympathy, first and foremost.

In all honesty, using his charisma to overcome the father/daughter barriers might very well be a wise move on Okarin's part. A few jokes and amusing mad scientist bravado could be a good way to break the ice, and ease tensions there, paving the way to a family reconciliation.
It might be taken too far, but I still think the guy deserves to get ripped into a bit. I mean if he didn't want any possibility of that then he should have done or said something much sooner. Instead he let the hits to his pride build up until he stopped talking much to his daughter and started taking it out on his wife. Kurisu left it vague enough so who knows exactly what he did if it was just limited to yelling at her or what. This guy has managed to bust his family into this state and hasn't bothered to try and fix it. Instead he apparently seems to think his daughter is trying to insult him and make him look bad. It's a big world and plenty of people better than you in it.

Think he needs to start showing some understanding and respect to those he's hurt through his actions as well. It's one thing to understand how things got to this point (which is easy enough) and thinking he needs to be handled with kid gloves. How should we softly do this, have Kurisu apologize for being smarter than him ? Was hard on the guy, but not because I didn't get how things turned out like that. But because he chose to respond this way. There are plenty of ways things could have turned out and he went down this road. Hopefully the mad scientist silliness of Okarin will help break the ice.
Old 2011-06-18, 19:33   Link #1713
Raiga
tl;dr

While I understand her father's actions and can see why he reacted that way, I can't say I sympathize. If I were a leader in my field and my daughter were better than I was, I'd be the proudest damn father in the world.
Old 2011-06-18, 19:35   Link #1714
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
It is very hard for parents to deal with the fact that their children best them. Yes, they are happy for their children, but they themselves feel weak, old, and useless.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 22:28   Link #1715
revive4563

Well, even if my daughter were better than me, I'd act the proud father desperately.

If anything I don't want to make my daughter think that her father was rubbishy guy.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 02:12   Link #1716
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Mayushii cosplay
Spoiler for click here!:

Other pics are here (NSFW site)

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 07:45   Link #1717
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
While I understand her father's actions and can see why he reacted that way, I can't say I sympathize. If I were a leader in my field and my daughter were better than I was, I'd be the proudest damn father in the world.
That's a good point, and ideally he would be.

Moreover, though, he is a scientist. As a practitioner of science, he should be happy to be corrected. That's how science works. Of course, his ego just the better of him.
Old 2011-06-19, 08:02   Link #1718
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Sorry if this has been asked, but is it confirmed that this will be a 26 (or around that) episodes anime? I thought it was 13
Old 2011-06-19, 08:15   Link #1719
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

It's 24 with one extra episode in the last BD volume.
Old 2011-06-19, 11:25   Link #1720
shinigami99

Don't know if anyone posted this yet but

shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mystery, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation