AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-18, 18:57   Link #321
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Also, it's kind of funny, but with all the new spoiler art coming out, the part that's the funniest is that all the Willard/L[y/i/e]on yaoi[citation needed] is technically sorta canon, but the Battler/Young Ange part, while totally true, is easy to get the wrong impression from with fanart alone.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2010-08-18, 19:25   Link #322
J the Drafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
...as a side note, how to effectively ensure no witnesses in the starting situation from the epitaph solution and adults dead without killing anyone manually, or at least, with limiting yourself to only one more victim:
  1. Go to Kinzo's study. Destroy the autolock release button.
  2. Call everyone in by phone about an important announcement, you solved the epitaph after all, so you're the new head and you're about to say things will be different starting today.
  3. When everybody is in, leave the room with your accomplices. Kick the door until it clicks.
  4. Gloat for a few hours until the inhabitants despair and turn to strong drink. That part is just for fun.
If you're really anal about it you can also destroy the gutter outside so nobody can climb down.

You only need to kill at most Genji to do it, and that only if Natsuhi is not keeping the key on her person.
Unfortunately, the autolock release merely lets outsiders in. It's a way for Kinzo to let someone enter his room without leaving his chair. He doesn't need to press the button to leave. Though some other way of destroying the lock's ability to open should be just as effective. Interesting idea.
Old 2010-08-18, 23:19   Link #323
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
...the part that's the funniest is that all the Willard/L[y/i/e]on yaoi[citation needed]...
How many citations will you be needing?

Also, define 'technically sorta canon'. Are you referring to the actions (that is, the butt pinching), or the actual pairing?
Old 2010-08-19, 00:05   Link #324
Disz

I'm seriously interested in where Battler could have gone.Was he confirmed dead?
Old 2010-08-19, 00:12   Link #325
Used Can

Am I the only one who saw no romance between Will and Lyon? I mean, the seemed like cool buddies to me, but nothing else.

Perhaps, I have no love?
Old 2010-08-19, 00:41   Link #326
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

First summaries for today.

This is the entirety of the Battle of Rokkenjima 1944

Spoiler for Summaries!:
Old 2010-08-19, 01:14   Link #327
m0h

Funny Side note: Ruben is NOT an italian name. Or Ryukishi-kun mixed a dutch soldier among the italians, or this time he's screwed up.
While Angelo is quite a good choice though...
Old 2010-08-19, 01:15   Link #328
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Random Japanese note:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-19, 01:22   Link #329
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Incidentally it doesn't matter much if Rubens is really a Dutch name since he was just meatshield for Bice to live.
Old 2010-08-19, 01:51   Link #330
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Incidentally it doesn't matter much if Rubens is really a Dutch name since he was just meatshield for Bice to live.
It does if Rubens is really a painting.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-08-19, 02:06   Link #331
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Random Japanese note:

Spoiler:
I vote for this to be in the "Grimoire" for Witch hunt's translation of episode 7.

Gosh I sure hope it's not anything more than a reference.
Old 2010-08-19, 02:22   Link #332
Used Can

Well, Yasu was the one who effectively stated this game. So, even if in the real Rokkenjima s(he) didn't kill anyone, you could still say s(he)'s the mastermind. Naturally, this is assuming we've got all the info about this whole roulette deal, and there isn't someone behind Yasu's actions.
Old 2010-08-19, 02:25   Link #333
Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I vote for this to be in the "Grimoire" for Witch hunt's translation of episode 7.

Gosh I sure hope it's not anything more than a reference.
Notice that the said Yasu executes most of the player's commands in the game and is the player character's assistant. The Watson.

Yasu is the personality that is supposed to have become Beatrice, right? Right?...

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-08-19, 07:47   Link #334
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
How many citations will you be needing?

Also, define 'technically sorta canon'. Are you referring to the actions (that is, the butt pinching), or the actual pairing?
They seemed pretty bromantic to me. And he did say sexual harassment should be gender-neutral (what a strangely progressive attitude... sorta). And Will threatens to pinch back... I ain't saying it's flirting, but... it's kinda flirting.

Enough to totally understand where that art is coming from.

The Battler/Ange epilogue less so. It's a pretty touching coda in the story, but in the art it just makes Sorcerer-Battler look like some kind of cross between a gothic Mr. Rogers and a pedophile.

"Hey little girl, wanna hear a story?"
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Old 2010-08-19, 08:18   Link #335
Oliver

Speaking of end-of-episode Ange scene...

While reading Ep7, I have written a complete summary of it, as complete and meticulous as possible, in many places, recounting conversations line by line, on the scale of 45300 words, 258kb long. Even if I remove my own sarcastic comments from it, it will still probably be the thickest and most detailed summary currently produced, I've been typing for three days straight (or was it four? I forget) and my hands still hurt, that has to count for something.

Unfortunately, my understanding of Japanese is limited to scant shreds of spoken Japanese, I can't actually read it. This summary was produced by staring at the output of a batch of different machine translators and romaji of every line and figuring what exactly it is that it said using prior Umineko knowledge and the feel of Ryukishi's style as it is available to me in translation. Should someone who actually reads Japanese check it against the original text, they will obviously find numerous errors and omissions, which is why I'm not posting it publicly -- I simply don't feel I have the authority on the subject.

But if someone who is fluent in written Japanese and has Ep7 is up to editing it, we can in this way quickly provide a very complete and precise summary for anyone who wants it, which should allow us sufficiently informed discussion of it until the Witch Hunt translation comes about.

If anyone is seriously up for it, please PM me.

(updated 2010-08-24)
Old 2010-08-19, 09:17   Link #336
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Does anybody knows wth Rudolf wanted to say like almost every ep?

Even in ep 6 he said he wanted to tell Battler something and in ep1 he said something like:
"I have to tell you two something, but I will proably get killed tomorrow." (if I remember this right) against Kyrie and Battler 0.0?
Old 2010-08-19, 09:20   Link #337
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0h View Post
Funny Side note: Ruben is NOT an italian name. Or Ryukishi-kun mixed a dutch soldier among the italians, or this time he's screwed up.
While Angelo is quite a good choice though...

Well there where some Dutch soldiers in the Italian army (2bad my grandpa can't use red truth)

So it could be possible to have a Ruben among the italians.
Old 2010-08-19, 09:25   Link #338
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
He specifically mentions Kyrie and Battler's names when talking about the truth he wants to tell in Episode 6. So I think you can guess.
Old 2010-08-19, 09:25   Link #339
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
"Hey, Battler, do you feel like playing a family game and having your allowances increased 10-fold in return?"

I'm kidding, but that'd be fun.
Old 2010-08-19, 10:25   Link #340
Gohan78
Awakened One

Italian guy here. I confirm that Bice is a diminutive of Beatrice, tipically used by old people.
There ARE Italians named Ruben, although it is uncommon. Ryukishi did his homework.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Closed Thread