Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-26, 06:14   Link #261
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
My my so dude's been pushed against the wall hard enough that he's changing his original statement of the game being a REBOOT into now being part of "canon"?

Ha does anyone else find this laugh out loud funny?
Not really, I don't see how the two terms can't be used together in the first place. A reboot is an attempt at a fresh new start, doesn't mean it can't be canon, if it linked in with the old games a bit too much then it probably wouldn't be a reboot.
TheRealTRXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 06:17   Link #262
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
My my so dude's been pushed against the wall hard enough that he's changing his original statement of the game being a REBOOT into now being part of "canon"?

Ha does anyone else find this laugh out loud funny?

However combined with that and his claims that "since this is an origin story, DmC's Dante will evolve over the course of the game, so the Dante seen in the trailer won't be the same Dante on the screen for the entire game. ", I think the game has gotten a bit more tolerable IMO.

The gameplay just has to be able to hold it's own and honestly I'm still very worried about Ninja theory being in change of that element of the game...
Maybe this is all just capcom PR trick. Upset fans and come out with an internally developed DMC. That would be so funny, but in that case NT will be the victims here.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 06:53   Link #263
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

There is such a way to say reboot and canon.

A reboot means restart something from scratch while canon has an established story.

I think meant was really reboot canon, which means everything is new and the old school Dante is no more. Which hurts a bit yes, but can be accepted. Though the bad presentation and the way NT chief talks about the old school DMC is something else that is why fans are raging against this instead of having more interest.
Old 2010-09-26, 07:06   Link #264
Used Can

So, they basically turned Dante into some sort of hispter.
I still have my hopes up that guy was just brainwashed into believing he's Dante. Then, the real Dante shows up, right after this fake got killed miserably or something.
Old 2010-09-26, 07:48   Link #265
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can;3266166
I still have my hopes up that guy was just brainwashed into believing he's Dante. Then, the real Dante shows up, right after this fake got killed miserably or something.[/QUOTE

Same here since this game is not final yet. 1 more week of pain.
Also
Spoiler for DmC Dante:
Old 2010-09-26, 08:27   Link #266
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Same here since this game is not final yet. 1 more week of pain.
Also
Spoiler for DmC Dante:
[/QUOTE]

That was best comic ever XD Go Dante!!
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 09:30   Link #267
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
My God, Who do these fuckers think they are?

Quote:
]“My thoughts were, we’re going to make him less over-the-top fashionista, and more harder-edged,” he said.
This is exactly what I feared. They are TRYING to be cool; and when you HAVE TO TRY TO BE COOL, that's automatic lame right there. Harder-edged? Are you kidding me? and this isn't a fashion contest, You twats.

Quote:
“So, that was our first thought. My thoughts were, ‘They’re gonna let us do DMC? That’s amazing.’ Then my second thought was that we were gonna toughen him up a little bit.”
*Face to palm*
I oughta slap this idiot in the face, because typical common sense tells me that mostly ANYTHING is tougher than this skinny chain-smoking pansy.

and the worst one...

Quote:
"You can’t keep things familiar yet totally different at the same time, but what you can do, is keep what is essentially recognizable about the title. So, with Dante, a long jacket is part of the character, and part of the character’s silhouette. You don’t want to change that.”
The development team also said that they wanted to keep what was "essentially recognisable", but in an updated level design and some more mechanics that weren't just combat-based to give more depth and feel to the gameplay.
This is utter bullshit.
OF COURSE YOU CAN KEEP THINGS FAMILIAR YET DIFFERENT. Why do you think the Nintendo franchises have lasted until now? Because they could DO EXACTLY THAT.
Hell this is the what successful sequels are all about! Retaining everything loved about the first game, and adding more depth to those parts. Which NT has totally thrown out the window.
I didn't want to question these guys as a creative studio, but now I DO. They have no clue whatsoever of what was essential to the Devil May Cry series, which is not that that hard to figure out. The fashion? The jacket?
No, it was the over-the-top combat that mostly everyone cared about. I could give a rat's ass about Dante being the son of Sparda or whatever; and that's because Dante was a likeable guy ALL ON HIS OWN; he didn't need to be "edgy."

That is not a word you take seriously. I am disappoint Ninja Theory.

EDIT: I typed in "dmc ninja theory" in Google images, and some of them were quite appropriate

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-09-26 at 09:41.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 09:55   Link #268
TCman

Well, that's what you get when you outsource a from origine a Japanese game to a software house in the UK that apparently have nothing in common with stylish games like Devil May Cry. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against gamedevelopers in the UK, since Codemasters is in my opinion still one of the best who brought out great racing games like Dirt 2 and Grid. The problem of CAPCOM is that the CAPCOM (Inafune-san) thinks that gamedevelopers in the west are the holy grail no matter what their capabilities were. But reality is that there are just a few game studios that are really good, also in the US/UK/Europe and so on. This kind of development has already happened to the manga/anime/game to live-action movie adaptations for a long time, e.g. Dragonball Evolution, Street Fighter the Movie, Dead or Alive, Super Mario Bros the Movie etc., and now the games are victims of this kind of development.

I also notice that if the oppossite is happening, i.e. western franchises to anime adaptations, they all turn into great works with style, e.g. The Animatrix, Batman, Halo etc.. And the upcoming Wolverine and Ironman anime are looking promising to me.

As for the new Dante, in my opinion the problem with the new Dante is that he doesn't possess that unique style that the "old" Dante has; Ninja Theory has cheapen Dante's design by making him look like a drugaddict/heavy smoker (and a smoking Dante is not cool and is a wrong message to gamers) which is a totally opposite design of what the original creator has intended. I am not against a black haired Dante, but it have to be with style, the white hair on top of new Dante's head just looks silly. Even Ichigo from Bleach could have been a better model for a young rebellious Dante; Tite Kubo's style is really unique, looks cool and stylish, I think that kind of style fits a young Dante much better. All this is just about the new design of the new Dante, since no actual gameplay videos are shown (right?), so this new DmC may turn out to be a decent game with good gameplay but lacks in the design department of the original, who knows? Lets hope Ninja Theory understands why fans of the original DMC games are raging about the poor design decisions/changes and are able to satisfy the fans in the end when the game is finally ready for release somewhere next year? On the other hand Ninja Theory seems to down play the old DMC games and so on by saying the new designs in their DmC game look much cooler!?
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 11:30   Link #269
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Also
Spoiler for DmC Dante:
That was best comic ever XD Go Dante!![/QUOTE]

time paradox apparently.
Old 2010-09-26, 11:46   Link #270
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Dante goes emo...no thnx
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:59   Link #271
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
Dante was emo...no thnx
Fixed.. and maybe ..
Old 2010-09-27, 03:17   Link #272
Zekori

I like how everything is blown so out of proportionate looking at this topic and the other whiny rants of other boards, "fans" really do ruin things for the most minute of things.

In the very end what it comes down to is game play, the story means jack **** really (really the current DmC looks like something out of Blade III without the posse), the main driving force of the series which needs to go past the hurdle that Bayonetta. Honestly if the guy in that trailer had white hair, and they sold him off as an alternate universe Dante that led to the events of DMC1 in a different fasion (like say modern Battlestar Galatica or Star Trek movie) you guys would have ate that up. But suddenly he has black hair and that ruins everything. Worse than the FFXIV fans screaming about their immersion.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 03:42   Link #273
Westlo
Lets be reality

Uh being a Ninja Theory game means the gameplay is going to be a sub par God Of War and not even close to Bayonetta.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 04:00   Link #274
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Well who knows if they got help from Capcom for the developing engine or anything like that, NT problem is always is on their technical n final execution (poor FPS, Bad camera etc etc)
On creative power, I always like their concept (well at least the rough idea)
Same things I feel for this project, but knowing their reputation... We all know why we worried n raged.
Old 2010-09-27, 04:02   Link #275
Westlo
Lets be reality

lol Marvel Vs Capcom 3 cover

Why's that uncool guy on the cover so much? I bet this outsells DmC as well and Dante is one of the most played characters online, the Ken of MvC3.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 04:18   Link #276
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

http://g4tv.com/videos/48862/DMC-Dev...cer-Interview/

A decent interview. They're recreating the stuff and FINALLY IT"S CONFIRMED REBOOT of the Devil May Cry series. They wanna incorporate the cool things that Dante does in the cut scenes in the gameplay.

Though LOL they're getting help from Capcom Japan.
Old 2010-09-27, 04:35   Link #277
Sides

Quote:
http://g4tv.com/videos/48862/DMC-Dev...cer-Interview/

A decent interview. They're recreating the stuff and FINALLY IT"S CONFIRMED REBOOT of the Devil May Cry series. They wanna incorporate the cool things that Dante does in the cut scenes in the gameplay.
Cool so no QTE, pure action, sold. Buy it when it drops below £20
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 05:04   Link #278
Used Can

Meh... I think I'll wait until it comes out. If the gameplay is decent, I may give it a try, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Either way, I don't like the new design. Hopefully, this game will be kept as an AU by Capcom, rather than the new official story.
Old 2010-09-27, 05:58   Link #279
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Will just rent it. Buy it when it's below $20

Cutscenes probably means it'll be similar to GOW and HS.
Old 2010-09-27, 06:03   Link #280
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Cool so no QTE, pure action, sold. Buy it when it drops below £20
Ok, maybe these people don't like DMC enough to remember the first came out 9 years ago instead of 12 but you'd think they'd at least know the best selling system ever that DMC happened to be released one wasn't even out til about 10 years ago