AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 24 38.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-26, 10:06   Link #61
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The adaptation of the episode is really good, and i had a good laugh in almost every occasions. Too bad that they cut out the lick screen. And the thought of this anime doing not so well (means possibly no S3, or 26 episodes S2) sadden me

TWGoK did face some competition during this season in my case. But Index and Oreimo are still by far reaching there since i found them average. The competitors for my favourite anime of the season actually are Ika Musuume and Soredemo

Anyway back to the episode, here is the plus...
  • Keima's hot mom (notably, her breasts' size is not even the biggest in TWGoK world )
  • Elsie battle against that dragon
  • "Cooking the cake in the oven...? Roger that!!"
  • Sugar and strawberry from hell!! That's why we have running lunch box
Old 2010-11-26, 10:06   Link #62
Bombo
TSF Fans

BUG DEMON

looooooooooooooooool good one keima XD
I really loved this episode..elise clap part <3
all their stories for today was fun XD.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:54   Link #63
tsunade666

For me if it's competition then it would be index and forte. I love those two. But I also love kaminomi.

I find Elsie's song sweet while she's cooking. I just can't see any problem with the song insert here while watching the scene. The song entertains me more.

LOL kami still playing while running in the field but entering god mode prevents him from noticing his out of gas.
Old 2010-11-26, 14:51   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I find Elsie's song sweet while she's cooking. I just can't see any problem with the song insert here while watching the scene. The song entertains me more.
I agree; I mean, it was a montage sequence. They were showing the crazy happenings while she was cooking and so the sound director put an appropriate song to convey the effect. I think it conveyed Elsie's character rather well -- it accentuated her cute, clumsy, "I'll do my best!" nature, which was a big part of the point of the episode. Was there a more appropriate song to use there?

As for pacing, if anything I would say the pacing has gotten better since the first two arcs, and this episode was no exception. The first few episodes were way too rushed for my taste; I barely got to know the characters at all, and they were already gone. It almost had a "villain of the week" feel. Perhaps that is what some people want... but not me. People complain in other omnibus anime that 3-4 episodes per heroine isn't enough, so hopefully this show will at least continue giving us that many. Then again, I've never read the manga, so perhaps what I want out of this anime is different than what others might expect from it.
Old 2010-11-26, 15:07   Link #65
Seihai
スマイリウム

Looking at the source material, the pacing could be faster. I'm fine with it as it is, too. Imo people are just impatient to get to later parts which is understandable in a way because TWGOK only gets better and better the further its story goes.
Old 2010-11-26, 18:48   Link #66
kitten320

I myself found this episode a bit pointless and dumb. It wasn't really needed...

But I liked the cooked microwave^^
Old 2010-11-26, 19:14   Link #67
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Looking at the source material, the pacing could be faster. I'm fine with it as it is, too. Imo people are just impatient to get to later parts which is understandable in a way because TWGOK only gets better and better the further its story goes.
Yep, that's why i don't get bothered that much for the pacing , i think that its perfect just as it is now,many ppl that read the manga wants the arc of their favorite girl and want to skip the chapters of the other girls and they say that is too slow the pacing, and on the other hand we have first time viewers that want development of more than 3 chapter each heroine and they say that the pacing its too fast lol, (theres not enough material for that though...).. you never please the audience no matter what you do xD.
Old 2010-11-26, 20:33   Link #68
Seihai
スマイリウム

How I think they could have made it faster:
Ep
1: Intro, Ayumi main + end
2: Half Elsie (BMW), half Mio
3: Mio main + end
4: Half Sora, half Kanon
5: Kanon main
6: Kanon end
7: two-faced caek
8: New girl arc

That's as much as I personally think they could have narrowed it down to. Only one episode... I don't think it would have changed the pacing drastically. And for the extra content that could have fit in that one episode, I don't think it would have changed a lot either. So in the end, I still think it's just the impatience. And the ones who actually want a slower pacing, it can't be helped if there's not more to adapt and they even add anime original scenes to fill up things (too much for the people finding it too fast).
All in all, fair pacing. Still, the lack of general popularity is just so unlucky and sad for this excellent anime.
Old 2010-11-26, 21:32   Link #69
Clarste
Human

One episode is a pretty significant change to the pacing, since it'll affect the way all the episodes leading up to it are structured. It's not "only one episode" it's "one whole episode". Anyway, I disagree with the premise that the pacing was bad for the early episodes. The content was bad for the early episodes. The stories were just too simplistic and didn't have any twists. No amount of pacing could fix that, they'd need a complete rewrite to be satisfying. Likewise, Kanon's arc was more satisfying not because it had more episodes from all the singing, but because even without the singing those episodes had more content and backstory for the heroine. Cut out half an episode and it'd still have the same content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well duh. Out of all people in the animation team, I think it's pretty obvious that it's the producers the ones that are more interested in getting a good return.
Um... you do realize that they could also make money by selling Blu-rays or attracting more sponsors to the show by increasing viewership, right? The simplest way for an anime company to make money is to make an anime that sells really well and becomes really popular. Deciding to sidestep all that "make a good anime" stuff and focus primarily on selling image songs and whatnot is a bit weird.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-27 at 23:57. Reason: please don't double post
Old 2010-11-27, 08:52   Link #70
zato_1one

It's true that more episodes can present more development. But even considering that, I still think that three episodes of Kanon arc are not a good adaptation. Rather than listen to her songs, I would prefer to see her background story when she was in Citron. I want to know what happened between them, why other members decided to quit and left Kanon alone etc. They showed them at the start of episode 7 but they didn't even try to expand it and turn it to good account. I'd say that it's such a waste. If they could do it properly then the scene when Kanon saw flowers from Lime and Yuri and when she sang alone at the stage would definitely have more impact and more touching.

Well, you can say that manga also doesn't explain about this. But that isn't a good reason. If they want to add extra contents then they should make it more complete not just half heart like this.
Old 2010-11-27, 08:56   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Again they did a full pacing episode but that was hilarious.

One thing it's that nobody doesn't found it weird seeing those little demons.

And Kami's mom fanservice was nice. As usual last screen is <3
Old 2010-11-27, 11:23   Link #72
klare

i like:
- Elsie's evil laugh
- Elsie's dummy replacing her in class
- Keima's mom scene
- the funny chapters-story-telling way

to all students: no way u can score 100 if u play PSP all day, it will only happen in anime
Old 2010-11-27, 12:42   Link #73
tsunade666

Their is also an exception to that rule and that's the genius

Keima is an exception because his a genius to begin with. He doesn't need to listen to the teacher because he already knows about it

He can even clearly analyze the attitude and personality of an individual and with it. He can formulate the thinking pattern and what he/she would do. Just like what he is doing in the capture routine.
Old 2010-11-27, 15:26   Link #74
Dop
Mmmm....

I did like Elsie doing Totoro's plant growth dance.
Old 2010-11-27, 20:13   Link #75
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
to all students: no way u can score 100 if u play PSP all day, it will only happen in anime
I used to do that in high school, although I was sleeping instead of playing games. It's all there in the textbook, isn't it?
Old 2010-11-27, 20:29   Link #76
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I used to do that in high school, although I was sleeping instead of playing games. It's all there in the textbook, isn't it?
The point is, I don't think Keima even reads the textbooks.

Its like he use 999/1000 of his brain to play PFP. And 1/1000 of it to listen to the teacher in class, and ace the thing
Old 2010-11-27, 22:55   Link #77
tsunade666

Keima reads textbooks but not as passionate as he reads game list for the day
Old 2010-11-27, 23:18   Link #78
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-28, 04:36   Link #79
zato_1one

Quote from Senjougahara
"Smart people are smart before they even study"

But I think that it only works in school grade.
Old 2010-11-28, 09:14   Link #80
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i like:
- Elsie's evil laugh
- Elsie's dummy replacing her in class
- Keima's mom scene
- the funny chapters-story-telling way

I did it while reading fantasy novels all day. (Except in spelling).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Closed Thread