AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-14, 07:42   Link #1
Fwarlord

Inuyashiki (OKU Hiroya - Gantz)

Name: Inuyashiki
Associated Name: いぬやしき
Genre: Action Drama Fantasy Mature Mystery Psychological Seinen Slice of Life
Author/Artist: OKU Hiroya

Quote:
From Population GO:
Inuyashiki has a family, a wife and two kids, none of which care about him. When he learns that he has only three months to live he realizes that the only one who will miss him is his dog. Shortly after this realization he is killed in a crash landing by aliens. He is rebuilt by them as a machine with a human exterior. How will his life change now that he isn't human?
New manga by OKU Hiroya - Gantz's author.
Old 2016-09-04, 17:15   Link #2
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The manga is ending in 10 volumes due to low readership in Japan.

FYI, Kodansha is doing the English translation.

I stumbled on this while in vacation in Paris. Did some browsing up to volume 4. Seems that the commandos sent in at the end have GIGN-like patches on their BDUs?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-09, 07:42   Link #3
bastek66

Mangaka fucked up. Pacing was too slow and it angered the readers.
Old 2016-12-15, 09:33   Link #4
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Word is out that it'll be adapted to an anime show and a live action movie by next year.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 11:09   Link #5
LevelSeven

OH YES!!!!!!!

Not the life action show but the anime i really hope they will adapt it faithfully to the currently released point because seeing a old man being the hero is freaking AMAZING! That means you dont need to be a bullied weakling or a kid at all, you can die and a copy with your memories can be the awesome hero you always wanted to be

Anyway, anyone seen ch 70?
The MC is mistaken as god and shishugami isnt dead i like it that only two superpowered monsters exist, it gives the feeling of epicness
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-15, 16:31   Link #6
tsunade666

man and I was about to recommend this to you lvl7. I see the anime announcment and tried to read the manga. Its really good but I have conflicting emotions for the old man and kid. They are both extremes in a way. The old man is too good while the kid is only good to his family. He also saves lives if he wants too but that is only for friends and relatives or when someone is killing his prey.

I mean, I don't like the needless killing of the villain but I liked his attitude towards his family and friends.

Poor old man... I find it endearing and heart wrenching because its so real for me.I knew someone like that. The wife is only there when he has money but when he loose job. She finds another one with better job and lots of money. The old man was doing his best but his family just didn't care. He wants to help but he is helpless. He decides to help but his son criticize him. Then when he has the power. He heals and helps but I feel that its lacking. He doesn't end the evil but just prolongs it. That is my problem with old man. Too nice. btw I'm only on chapter 30-40.

Still reading it but man, its soooooooooo slow.
Old 2016-12-15, 17:24   Link #7
tsunade666

I just finished it up to chapter 70. Its not masterpiece but it had the feels and it felt real

darn, its good
Old 2016-12-28, 08:51   Link #8
LevelSeven

ch 71

even i got the feels, i love the art of this mangaka, it is amazing how good he draws complicated mechanic things

anyway, now the world knows about our MC, and they ask themsefles, "is he god?",

i kind of think this is forced, a lot of other religious or mythological beings can heal and do"miracles", he could be a angel too but in reality he is a machine created by aliens

the family accepted the father and that despite seeing his machine-form themselfes
at least all accepted except the son who seems to have his mind broken
Old 2017-01-14, 04:31   Link #9
LevelSeven

ch 72

the old man is still seen as a god..but nobody who meets him actually realises that XD i guess having a low profile is useful sometimes

anyway, villian-boy met his former friend but villian boy still misses his arms, i wonder if he will regain them at some point
Old 2017-02-20, 07:45   Link #10
LevelSeven

ch 73/74

poor evil-machine-boy he got kicked out of his best friends room
i kind of feel sad for him,
his parents are gone, and the only people he cares about cant be with him or they will suffer too,

but worse...he still has no arms, i thought he would gain them back somehow!!
Sad!

anyway, he was attacked by the police again while walking through the streets, why not going to another country?

i would use my skills in hacking and probably f*ck up every big player on the planet

wonder in what direction this story will go into next,
i can only imagine both of them to die at the end since they are machines and probably unaging too
Old 2017-02-20, 08:16   Link #11
wuhugm
Hentaiga no Rinbukyoku

Send a message via Yahoo to wuhugm
^Sad my ass, he's a mass murdering terrorist
If he was like Kira, I might support him, but his is just mindless atrocity
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 10:42   Link #12
LevelSeven

^but without him the story wont have any points to explore, maybe at most a "human find out they are robots and hunt them"-thing but i doubt that will happen :/
Old 2017-03-01, 03:12   Link #13
LevelSeven

ch75

oh, nice slice of life chapter...sort of,

we get a big focus on the old mans kid who seems to get bullied in school (are there really schools like that? what the f*ck are teachers doing?)
and he said that he wishes to be a machine too just like his father who saved a girl after a car nearly killed her...

i wonder how he can just walk home after doing that in plain sight of everyone without getting followed :/

anyway, what will happen to the machine-boy?
Old 2017-03-01, 03:31   Link #14
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
ch75

oh, nice slice of life chapter...sort of,

we get a big focus on the old mans kid who seems to get bullied in school (are there really schools like that? what the f*ck are teachers doing?)
and he said that he wishes to be a machine too just like his father who saved a girl after a car nearly killed her...

i wonder how he can just walk home after doing that in plain sight of everyone without getting followed :/

anyway, what will happen to the machine-boy?
Well, in the school where I studied worse things happened, but that's oku manga, when you read Gantz you swear to yourself never take your daughter to Japan.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 09:02   Link #15
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Well, in the school where I studied worse things happened, but that's oku manga, when you read Gantz you swear to yourself never take your daughter to Japan.
really?

i live in germany and i went to a "bad" school (at least according to my surroundings(eg teachers, parents, friends etc)) where the worst was getting insulted and ignored in class,
seriously thats it!
i guess i was lucky to live in a peaceful place :3

PS: i have read gantz, it was great until the last 50 or so chapters the explanation for the balls and the reason for the fighters existence was dissappointing but whatever
Old 2017-03-01, 10:42   Link #16
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
i live in germany and i went to a "bad" school (at least according to my surroundings(eg teachers, parents, friends etc)) where the worst was getting insulted and ignored in class,
Well, I'm from Brazil and I went to public school, I guess I do not have to say anything else.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 10:48   Link #17
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Well, I'm from Brazil and I went to public school, I guess I do not have to say anything else.
true...

but now lets become on-topic,
would you also want a robo-body like the MC and the villian-boy?

i would want it for sure but only if i can get a guarantee that "i" will be in the robot and not a copy of my mind
Old 2017-03-14, 08:13   Link #18
LevelSeven

ch 76

oh HELL NO!!

you a-hole of a author WONT take this amazing series away from me

and you WONT let this series end with a gaint asteroid destroying earth

but i must give kudos to the donald version in this chapter, it is pretty spot on, im sure that orange baloon would have said something like that

anyway, i hope this isnt some kind of final, i want to have the old man and the boy meeting with the aliens who turned them into machines

+ i want more fights
Old 2017-03-14, 12:38   Link #19
Roxis
Grumpy poster

"facepalm"
seriously Oku you are fully opened to mentioned his name huh XD
lolTrump
i wonder what Trump reaction for this, especially with asteroid twist he would never expected someone would parodied him directly in manner armagedon style.
Old 2017-03-14, 12:43   Link #20
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
i wonder what Trump reaction for this, especially with asteroid twist he would never expected someone would parodied him directly in manner armagedon style.
haha, he isnt the first one who messed with trump,
right now i remember at least one other mangaka who did it,

and he messed with trump even worse

just google "Baki Dou Chapter 135" and read the chapter