AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 25 24.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 22.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 31.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.98%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-11, 04:29   Link #61
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hmm I was wondering, do you guys prefer Mazui or Ayako for subs?
Old 2010-12-11, 04:56   Link #62
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
There is a lot, lot, lot wrong with that power chart. I wouldn't suggest putting too much faith in that abomination.
The current power chart looks reasonable for me though in that power chart. Oriana is just above a bit for the level 5. And Accelerator and rank 2 are still way above though for me Oriana is reasonably strong with an infinite variety of spell even though their is a weakness with so many of it. The past accelerator just had too few experience when dealing with the "unknown" aspect. Because he had 24/7 defense. His not "growing" but when he fought someone that can actually damage him he grew strong. Then after that he just continue to evolve every thing hi face an unknown factor on his side.

This is not the place to discuss the subs or which one is better or anything else. It might get deleted if a mod see it.

Quote:
That's so funny. St Peter's Cross.. from his grave.. hahahaha... He was buried in a crypt, later his bones were moved to catacombs. Such fun playing with historical facts. But this isn't real Earth. This is fiction.. so It's not big deal.. still.. funny to me.
Toaru verse are universe or an alternate universe of our world in a sense. The author is been using true facts from our world and mess it up in the toaru verse. You would be seeing that a lot. Practically from season 1 or rather episode 1. Though it's still not noticeable. But no one notice when an angel practically decent on earth.
Old 2010-12-11, 05:02   Link #63
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so is it confirmed that Touma's dad could used to have his own harem when he was younger?
lol @ Mikoto's "like father like son", all hail to family generations of PIMP MASTERS!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 05:07   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
What, you didn't know? Touma likes the older woman mature type.
It's just a fetish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
That's so funny. St Peter's Cross.. from his grave.. hahahaha... He was buried in a crypt, later his bones were moved to catacombs. Such fun playing with historical facts. But this isn't real Earth. This is fiction.. so It's not big deal.. still.. funny to me.
Where Saint Peter's buried doesn't matter, it's the Cross that creates the magic so I'm not too sure what you mean?

But if it's history lessons this was what the series is going with...

Quote:
The St Peter’s Cross refers to the Cross that’s set up on Peter’s grave.

Kamijou doesn’t look so good, but Tsuchimikado just ignores him and continues,

“The view of the Roman Catholics is that since that place is where Peter’s buried, the Church didn’t want anyone to disturb him, so they wanted to do their best in maintaining his heritage. At first, it was Emperor Augustine who paid his respects and built a Church. During the Renaissance, there was a pleasant large scale revolution. The St Peter’s Basilica that’s designed by Michelangelo—truly the world’s largest Church—is built on the domain of this dead Saint.”

Peter died in A.D. 1st century, and the Old St Peter‘s Basilica was built in the 4th century, while the king of the Lombards handed over power to the Vatican in the 8th century. Actually, there’s quite a bit of time difference, but the first turning point was Peter’s death and the building of his tomb.

Hearing this explanation, Kamijou is still unclear of what’s going on.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-12-11 at 05:21.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 07:28   Link #65
Minagi Mikoto

Perfect 10/10!

I liked Touma and Oriana's fight scene. Though didn't understand much of Tsuchimikado and Stiyl's discussion about what that item will do.

Index and Mikoto's appearance seemed more mature in this episode. Way to go you two!

And I'm glad that Himegami will appear again!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 08:11   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi Mikoto View Post
Though didn't understand much of Tsuchimikado and Stiyl's discussion about what that item will do.
No matter what happens on the land that the Cross gets activated on, it will always benefit the Rome Catholic Church in some way or the other.

Quote:
Index and Mikoto's appearance seemed more mature in this episode. Way to go you two!
Do they? Must be the change in attire.

Quote:
And I'm glad that Himegami will appear again!
It's a shame she's under used...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 08:26   Link #67
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
seems not they're childish as ever "catfight" for Touma also they're wearing a Cheerleader attire and a Gym Clothes
Old 2010-12-11, 10:02   Link #68
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Just watched EP10. I think i'm just havin an orgasm after I've watched all of Oriana Thompson's cleavages during the fight scene.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:12   Link #69
klare

about the fight scene, feels like the usual formula:
1- Enemy showed off power/ability
2- Enemy beaten the hell out of Touma
3- Enemy was surprised by the undying ability of Touma
4- Touma avoided all attacks and punched (most of the time only 1 punch)
5- Fight ended

Mikoto finally said something right in the series "Like father like son"
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 10:22   Link #70
Dahak86
Classics never age

a bit late, anyway...

best part of the ep =>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
the part where Oriana said her underwear was wet sounds hawt, cue Highschool of the Dead "i'm wet!!" text meme
o' really? then, these I made =>
Spoiler for Oriana-nureru:

other GIFs =>
Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-11, 11:38   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
9/10.
Positives:
+that whole sequence culminating in the Misakas and Kamijous go to lunch
+Index cheerleader wants attention
+That's one way to stop a bus you've missed...

Negatives:
-Touma preaching instead of fighting when time is of the essence (from his perspective)
-Touma not going for the card for Tsuchimikado while Oriana is down... unless I missed something there.
-Explanation of Sword/Cross confusion and what the Cross does was very convoluted and confusing as all hell. Of course, that may just be bad subs.

A few frames here and there had animation quality woes but nothing as bad as some ongoing ones... BD will probably touch it up, hopefully.
The Croce di Pietro basically hallows the ground it is placed on and claims it for the Roman Catholic Church. Not really convoluted seeing how it's basically the magic equivalent of planting a flag in enemy territory...
Old 2010-12-11, 12:09   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

That was a ok episode I guess, something felt kinda off about it but not quite sure what it is.
Altho saying that the Oriana fanservice and the Kamijou and Misaka family get together did save the ep from being boring I guess.
Old 2010-12-11, 13:01   Link #73
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
To be honest, I was rather disappointed with the episode, especially the fight scene. It just felt...a bit too easy for Touma to win it, whereas in the LN he's clearly shown to be more hurt with the assault from Oriana. That's one of my main beef actually, perhaps it's a bit much to expect the anime to deliver an top-notch epic fight, but at least I want to see more scars and scrapes with Touma, all I see is that single cut. I mean, that's a bit important too, Tsuchimikado fell right away because Oriana's spell worsens his injuries suffered from magicking last ep (Touma is mostly fine so no effect), and part of the reason why his 'Falcon Punch' is less effective was due to his injuries and fatigue with all the chasing (also, Touma is too much of an amateur compared to Oriana).

But yeah, that's aside the rest is pretty fine I guess. The twist is good (although, seeing Touma hit by the billboard, shouldn't he feel it....well, it's not like he knows what being hit by a billboard or Stab Sword would feel like) and the story still continue to the next episode. Really, compared to the rest of the antagonists (perhaps maybe the first guy) we had so far this season Oriana feels like the less villainous so far , at least she tried to inflict as little pain and casualty as possible (I'm not sure how much that popped button affects my judgment though).

Also, like father like son indeed...at that point he's surrounded by three women, one he just bumped into her breast. Well, technically four, but one belong to his son anyway. In any case, it's good to see MILFsuzu Mikoto again. And Misaka Mikoto is always great to have, seeing her bicker with Index is fun to watch (for some reason more than the usual Touma vs Index).
My thoughts exactly. I least the spells looked nice. I hope that more effort is put into the final showdown. I'm looking forward to Touma's 'misfortune' next week.
Old 2010-12-11, 13:08   Link #74
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
TOO. MUCH. TALKING!!!

Sigh... but what else is new?

I've come to the conclusion that this is a problem with the source material. The author creates good characters, and has an amazing setting, but is no good at dialogue, pacing, or plot.

Really? Another ass pull where the setup about the "Stab Sword" is false, and there is some other completely different plan that comes out of left field? Par for the course. It's suppose to show the enemy is subtle and clever, but is so poorly executed that it just comes across as bad writing.

Add to that the horrible animation (I think it was even worse then last episode, but maybe that's just because it showed up in the fight scenes even more so).

Sigh... and yet I'll keep watching it just to see the antics of Mikoto, Touma, Index, and all the rest.

If the whole attraction is the character interaction I think I'd prefer no plot at all to bad plot. Although I'd obviously prefer good plot to no plot.

Sigh...

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 14:21   Link #75
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Hmmm... why did Oriana bump into Touma's father ? what did she plant on him ?
Already answered that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Oriana ran into Touma's dad by accident. What originally happened was that Touma's mom was exhibiting a terrifying aura because he was being friendly with Mikoto's mom. Touma's dad backs away slowly, bumps into Oriana, turns around to bow and say sorry, and plants his face into her boobs by accident. Like father, like son indeed.

There's no reason to put a shorthand card on a random bystander because 1. that's just a waste of magic and 2. Oriana does not want to needlessly hurt anyone. In that spell where she said Touma would die if he moved, note that the lines do not touch Touma even though she could have made it do so. She intended for the attacks to miss where he was and surround him before she rendered him unconscious. Touma ignored her warning and stepped into the danger zone, which is why she called him an idiot.

She's carrying out this trade because she truly believes that St. Peter's Cross would make everyone happy.
Quote:
about the fight scene, feels like the usual formula:
1- Enemy showed off power/ability
2- Enemy beaten the hell out of Touma
3- Enemy was surprised by the undying ability of Touma
4- Touma avoided all attacks and punched (most of the time only 1 punch)
5- Fight ended
The anime did not show Touma's strategy in beating her. He figured out that Oriana cannot use the same spell twice. This basically means that there won’t be a similar attack coming from the same direction, so Touma moved along those places that were attacked before and predicted the movements of future attacks.

Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that this is a problem with the source material. The author creates good characters, and has an amazing setting, but is no good at dialogue, pacing, or plot.

Really? Another ass pull where the setup about the "Stab Sword" is false, and there is some other completely different plan that comes out of left field? Par for the course. It's suppose to show the enemy is subtle and clever, but is so poorly executed that it just comes across as bad writing.
Excuse me? Have you ever read the light novels? You have no right to criticize something you've never seen.

They intentionally made it look like "Stab Sword" was being traded instead of "St. Peter's Cross" to throw people off the fact that this is an operation for the Roman Catholic Church to take over Academy City while its security is lowered due to Daihaseisai. How is it poorly executed?
Old 2010-12-11, 15:24   Link #76
kitten320

^I don't think that story is SO different in anime and novels

But he is kind of right, it becomes repetitive... we hear about one weapon and then suddenly it is something else...

Actually didn't really understand how they realized it...

A bit sad that Oriana had earned the punch so fast... seriously, it looks like she figured out about his hand long ago yet still got the punch in the famous...
she better come up with something to over come it or make Touma actually regret facing her before punching shit out of her.

And yay! Kuroko and Himegami are back next episode!

P.S. Is Kuroko trying to kill Touma in the preview or is it just a preview "trap"?
Old 2010-12-11, 16:56   Link #77
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
seems not they're childish as ever "catfight" for Touma also they're wearing a Cheerleader attire and a Gym Clothes
Nah, Index had every right to stand up for herself like that. Index is no pushover. *claps for Index* Girls in real life get more verbal over these issues. The parents need to get a clue. If a girl shows up for an overnight at a beach house, "something" is up.

Index receives the "sis fist" . You go girl! Protect your property!

………..
……………….__
…………./´¯/‘…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./‘/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..(’(…´…´…. ¯~/‘…’)
………\……………..‘…../
……….’’…\………. _.·´
…………\…………..(

Last edited by orion; 2010-12-11 at 17:07.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 17:10   Link #78
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I can already see the ending.
What you keima from the world only god knows
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 17:11   Link #79
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post

Excuse me? Have you ever read the light novels? You have no right to criticize something you've never seen.

They intentionally made it look like "Stab Sword" was being traded instead of "St. Peter's Cross" to throw people off the fact that this is an operation for the Roman Catholic Church to take over Academy City while its security is lowered due to Daihaseisai. How is it poorly executed?
i agree, to aru is pretty much spy vs spy with magic against science.

i had to look up ass pull in urban dictionary. i don't see how the stab sword actually being st peter's cross, or the power of the item is an ass pull. the power of the item makes perfect sense. when you consider that Catholic tradition holds that Jesus gave the right to create a church to Peter and he is considered the first Pope, the concept of where ever you plant it automatically makes it a territory beneficial to the Roman Catholics makes perfect sense.

i think the fact that it looks like a sword was even more clever. when we're shown the sword it's pointing down, to draw the reader/anime viewer to its properties of looking like a cross. however, usually we see swords pointing upwards (like during a battle charge) and the actual symbol of St. Peter's cross is an inverted cross. when you consider the actions of oriana and her contact pretty much is a conquest for territory the imagery is appropriate.
Liquidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 17:23   Link #80
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidzero View Post
i agree, to aru is pretty much spy vs spy with magic against science.

i had to look up ass pull in urban dictionary. i don't see how the stab sword actually being st peter's cross, or the power of the item is an ass pull. the power of the item makes perfect sense. when you consider that Catholic tradition holds that Jesus gave the right to create a church to Peter and he is considered the first Pope, the concept of where ever you plant it automatically makes it a territory beneficial to the Roman Catholics makes perfect sense.

i think the fact that it looks like a sword was even more clever. when we're shown the sword it's pointing down, to draw the reader/anime viewer to its properties of looking like a cross. however, usually we see swords pointing upwards (like during a battle charge) and the actual symbol of St. Peter's cross is an inverted cross. when you consider the actions of oriana and her contact pretty much is a conquest for territory the imagery is appropriate.
It also would have been nice if the curator had held "St. Peter's cross" in the proper orientation.