Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 162
  1. Triple_R
    2012-05-19 02:27
    Triple_R
    Thanks for the cookie. I'm pleasantly surprise that more people are starting to get this - To get that term drift often causes more trouble than what it's worth. I guess that "Slice of Life" becoming almost unusable started to make people realize that word definitions/use must at least have some standards.
  2. totoum
    2012-05-17 06:22
    totoum
    It was what I posted on 0utf0xZer0 wall,posted it on your wall by mistake at first

I ended up jinxing HanaKana characters in the ISML , I noted how 6 of them were undefeated after 4 matches and sure enough 4 of them lost their next match
  3. Triple_R
    2012-05-17 06:07
    Triple_R
    I noticed you had a VM on my wall that you deleted. Was that just because you posted it on my wall when it was supposed to be on another person's wall, or was it something else? Just curious.
  4. Triple_R
    2012-04-19 09:54
    Triple_R
    On Lupin III - I've already watched its first episode, but I admit I haven't gotten around to Episode 2 yet. This has been a very strong Spring season, so I find it hard to squeeze in everything I want to watch (for example, I only got fully caught up with Space Bros. last night, lol).

But, I liked Lupin III's first episode. It's yet another case of an anime being so refreshingly different from usual. I love how its very sexy without feeling degrading to the characters. In other words, Fujiko Mine's alluring sexual appeal is showcased well, but not in a way that saps her strength (i.e. making her seem very bashful/submissive, say) or makes it hard to take her seriously.
  5. totoum
    2012-04-18 00:03
    totoum
    Glad you enjoyed it,Here was my reaction to the first episode at enzo's blog,you already mentioned part of it because I too appreciate that it's their story

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
  6. Triple_R
    2012-04-17 23:46
    Triple_R
    Between you and Last Sinner, I decided to finally start watching Mysterious Girlfriend X. And I have to say that I really liked its first episode! I'll probably post on the series thread for it after I've watched the 2nd episode.

I like the romantic pairing here, and I like how it's really their story. No love triangles, no harem shenanigans, just a normal (but creative/imaginative) guy and a cute (but in a different way, and quirky) girl.
  7. totoum
    2012-04-16 18:19
    totoum
    I couldn't help but think of your location when watching the latest episode of evol

Like you though I hope Okada and Kimawari don't drag this out.
  8. totoum
    2012-04-12 19:18
    totoum
    Quote:
    That being said, much of anime entertainment really is simple wish-fulfillment, and I see no harm in giving fans that option once the core work is complete
    For other mediums I always say that that's what fanfiction is for but with animes being adapted from VNs with multiple endings and Gen Urobuchi starting out as a VN writer I can understand.
    I just personaly have a hard time separating the "main work" from whatever is done on the side.That's why I havn't looked too closely into the madoka PSP game,kinda scared it would negatively impact the anime for me.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-04-12 01:14
    Triple_R
    I think that a better way of putting it is that Sayaka and Noe's respective falls was integral to the core message and theme that Urobuchi and Okada were aiming for respectively. So while giving them happy ends would be nicer, certainly, it might also undermine what the writer was aiming for at an overarching level (this is especially true of Noe, I would argue).

That being said, much of anime entertainment really is simple wish-fulfillment, and I see no harm in giving fans that option once the core work is complete.
  10. totoum
    2012-04-12 01:07
    totoum
    Well I figure the reason we might never get a "noe end" is that maybe Okada just doesn't view it as possible,kinda like with Urobuchi insisting on Sayaka dying.