Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > shinku no kage

Notices

Conversation Between shinku no kage and Hiroi Sekai
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 45
  1. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-11-01 17:07
    Hiroi Sekai
    Well, it was for helping spread the word of new programs which could bring more anime to the West, which I'm all for. I'm hoping I can entice a few new people to get into anime properly and enjoy the best of both worlds of dubbed and subbed shows. But hey, guess the blog was high enough on the search lists that they found us.

Yeah, I do treasure the fact we've got something; be born a few years later than we had, and a job would be a nightmare.

Hush now, the idols are lonely. I think the best way to go for these games is to pick the one that has the most songs, since all of the idols are likable in some way and are mixed together. It'll extend the lifespan of the game for sure.

P.S. Did you check out the post I recently made on the iM@S thread? I'm sure you might be pressed for money, but a friend of mine in Japan who I've dealt with before has access to a pile of the merch for Shiny Festa and is offering to order for anyone while it's in the preorder phase (mid November). I'm saying "screw it" and getting that tapestry and a Shiny Festa shirt (those seriously look badass!).
  2. shinku no kage
    2012-10-30 23:52
    shinku no kage
    Whoa, that's cool that you've actually got in touch with Viz Media and Funimation, that's taking initiative. I admire that.

Though I guess I can't complain about the cycle as I do HAVE a job, can't be picky in this economy now can we? Having a job is better than no job at all.

All THREE copies? You greedy bastartd. LOL. I may pick up Groovy Tune at some point, not 100% on Honey Sound, I'd only go after that for Chihaya and Azusa. I'm still waiting on my copy of Funky Note.
  3. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-10-30 02:37
    Hiroi Sekai
    Ouch, I suppose older versions of the PC don't have those instead of the VGA cables. Those do run quite a bit...probably because they're so bloody massive.

Or you know, this could be an opportunity to get a nice display monitor for yourself; many of those can often come with VGA cables, so you'd just plug it in and go. Could watch in beautifully true 1080p.

Welcome to my world; it's why I'm studying in the arts to hopefully build something around Japanese media as a career. I have contacted with places like Funimation and Viz Media through my blog already, so it's not a bad start.

It's a terrible cycle, let's all find a job where we can do both!

Having been through all three copies, I can successfully say that Funky Note is the cutest, but Honey Sound has my favourite songs. It's dangerously addicting, watch out.

They stitched me up in the hospital and I escaped, so give a shout if you're still alive.
  4. shinku no kage
    2012-10-28 12:44
    shinku no kage
    Unfortunately my PC doesn't have a HDMI port. orz. I looked around for the video cable I need and...$30? WTF? For a CORD?!? Seriously?

...I'm just thinking about getting one of those smart TV devices. I checked on CR's HP and looks like I can pick up a "Roku" for about $70 to play the awesome animes straight onto my TV. Maybe as a X-mas present for myself.

Sooo much anime I have to get caught up on. Aagh, but I have to work to pay the bills and loans, to buy anime/game/manga, etc. But if I'm at work then I'm not watching anime, playing my games, or reading manga.

No work=no money=no anime. It's a never ending cycle~!! orz

I'm surprised that you even started to ask. I should be getting my copy in a day or two, it'll probably be the only thing I'll be playing for the rest of the week.

...if you don't hear from me after a while then...just assume that the moe got me.
  5. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-10-28 04:27
    Hiroi Sekai
    "Become" lol. Don't underestimate me, I can live in this room forever!

Komari and Kud need giant hugs all the time in LB. You ain't handling anime over in Europe, are ya shinku? I hear it's a nightmare over there. I watch on my PC, but I set parameters beforehand so I don't get flooded on my blog. If you've got a good PC, you just need an HDMI cable; that'd run you about 10 bucks at most if you search.

Man, I never even got invested into the Fate series, so you're ahead of me still. There ARE a ton you should watch though; it's been a great few years.

Which version did you ord-...wait, what the hell am I asking for? Let me tell you, Funky Note's OVA is stupidly cute, and the game is bound to make you bleed from moe. You've been warned.
  6. shinku no kage
    2012-10-27 02:02
    shinku no kage
    ...an iM@S shelter...(O_O) Somebody is going to become a hikikomori.

I haven't watched Little Buster yet. Actually, I haven't been keeping up with my anime recently except for DVD/Blu-ray releases..which is hard where I live. I try and avoid watching online on my PC as my eyes get glued to the screen for hours on end...at the very least I may need to invest some money so that I can output the PC images onto my TV...

Heck, I didn't even check back on CrunchyRoll til recently. Finally started on Fate/ZERO season two, (yes I know, "NOW!!???", I know, I know) and that is quite literally the tip of the anime iceburg for me.*says so with bloodshot eyes* Ooohh...so MANY, MANY more series I need to get caught up on. orz

Atleast I've got something to do until my copy of Shiny Festa comes.
  7. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-10-26 20:31
    Hiroi Sekai
    I'll just pick a friend who has no shame but has no real interest in anime. Wait, all of my friends are like that. orz That smirk of yours when I leave something with you might tip me off. :3

Hell, I'll make an iM@S shelter. It'll have a room made of LED screens playing iM@S videos while you play Shina Festa using a floorboard light-up controller. I'll only let in the die-hard iM@S fans to join me.

Ooooohhhhh, you should've said so! I got confuzzled. Just don't bite the dust like poor Hughes; I really liked that guy. Also, if the guy happens to be a homunculus I'm sure you wouldn't want him near anyone.

Agreed. What do you think of Little Busters so far? Everyone's complainy because it's JC Staff, but I'm rather enjoying it so far, and JC Staff does a TON of good stuff anyways. Also, Kamikita is one of the cutest things ever.

Still waiting to play Shina Festa...that game looks fantastic and difficult. I'm conserving my war funds because university funds are coming around again. orz
  8. shinku no kage
    2012-10-24 23:05
    shinku no kage
    Aah, not a bad idea, as long as it's a friend you can trust. I'm sure if anyone left me in charge to watch their iM@S goods then that all of their Yayoi goods would "mysteriously" disappear.

...!! You can decorate the sides of your tent with iM@S pics, etc!! LOL

I'd never force my fictional daughter to be alone forever, I just won't allow any guy to approach her so easily. I'd be like Hughes from FMA, I won't hesitate to pull out my gun if boys get too close to my daughter.

KEY works = masterpieces. ALL of their works should be animated...ALL of it. Ofcourse they'd be the "safe" versions. That reminds me, I'll have to pick up the PSP port of Kud Wafter.

...I bought too many goods just this week alone, the flood of iM@S goods just...just...*cries*
  9. Hiroi Sekai
    2012-10-24 03:42
    Hiroi Sekai
    Eh, that's what friends' houses are for! And as long as it wasn't for a lifetime, I think I would pitch a tent in the woods with a stockpile of goods for fun...until the bears attack.

Nah, keeping her single forever makes us bad people though. Could you live with yourself seeing her crying every night because her hormones are building up and you're locking them away? Oh wait, I think we could. But yeah, it's so hard to pick favourites in Clannad; I simply adored everyone in that show, and that's the magic of KEY. :3

Yeah, they're marvelous! I think there's even been agreement posts in the iM@S thread. The album itself is quite good too, so it'd be a good investment...for much later once your wallet stops crying.
  10. shinku no kage
    2012-10-23 00:12
    shinku no kage
    No rent = no place to store your goods. You have to have a place to store your goods to keep them safe and maintained. You're not gonna live in a tent off in the woods or something with all your goods are you?

...how does enrolling your (fictional) adorable daughter in a private girl's school make us bad people? If anything I'm surprised that Nagisa's father didnt do that...though that'd completely change the story of CLANNAD...though then they could've just done "Tomoyo After"...oh god, please, make it happen... Though personally I liked Fuuko and Yukine the most. I always seem to end up liking the "sub" characters more...like Sayuri in Kanon.

So the impressions are THAT good huh? I guess I'll try and see if I can pick it up the next time I have the sufficient funds...though that won't be for a while seeing how many iM@S goods are coming out this week...orz