View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 20:01   Link #759
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryShaw View Post
Okay, I'm not a huge fan of Suzaku either, but I don't think people should bash on Suzaku for not going through with the drug thing. I really glad the writers didn't make Suzaku go down that road, because it's just not as interesting if Suzaku throws away his belief in integrity. As it is, I was getting worried that Suzaku might turn into one of those I'll-do-whatever-it-takes-to-kill-LL guy. At least this way, Suzaku actually maintains his character and sticks to it.

Anyway, a question. Was Charles trying to take CC's immortality too? If so, why? Isn't he already an immortal from VV's symbol?
Suzaku has never ever maintained his character and stuck to his beliefs even less.

I would like to point to the post i have made a few pages before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Now onto Suzaku, I've never liked him ever from the start of Code Geass and after this ep probably never will. What i realised from him is that he is like a bank of contradictions, if by any chance people felt that just because he didn't give Kallen the refrain made him a better person you're wrong. His reason for that was so that he won't be like Lelouch (i.e. in his perception of Lelouch as a ruthless scheming villain who will manipulate and use anything to gain an advantage) yet he seemed to have forgotten that when he tried to use Nunnally to try to see if Lelouch has regained his memory or when he handed Lelouch in order to become part of the Knights of Rounds. Suzaku is too blinded by his own sense of self righteousness that he doesn't realise he has already crossed the line by doing the very things that was trying to prevent.

It is also interesting to note that Suzaku said to Nunnally the exact same thing that Lelouch said to her in Season 1 and that is that he will never lie to her. Once again he contradicted himself there cause he lied when he told her that the person on the phone was not her brother or the fact that Lelouch is in fact Zero.

Overall great ep and I know I haven't said much about the Ohgi Villeta development but frankly after all that happened this ep their scenes just wasn't all that interesting, I'd much preferred it if they showed more of Lelouch and C.C then going to their scenes. But overall 10/10 definitely. Very epic ep.
Suzaku, integrity? What integrity? Beliefs? What beliefs? If by that you mean his superficial sense of justice which he'll momentarily forget at the most opportune times e.g. Using Nunnally against Lelouch or lying to Nunnally about her brother.

What annoys me more this ep about Suzaku is I get the feeling he's feeling pretty good about himself thinking that he hasn't become like Lelouch where incidently he's already committed the deeds he supposedly see in Lelouch/Zero several eps back.

So no, Suzaku is quite the opposite of what you say he is. He is probably the most contradictory character i've ever seen, becoming self conceited in his own righteousness one minute then using the very underhanded tactics he believed to be evil the next minute.

He never stayed true to his beliefs and I'm having doubts now whether his true intention currently is to free the japanese or just to get revenge for Euphie's death.