2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.20%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-20, 23:29   Link #581
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolle Erik Koenig View Post
Really? I didn't notice
Watch the scene where Euphie dies. Some of her last words to Suzaku was to tell him to finish school since she never got to.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 23:35   Link #582
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post

But I hope that
Spoiler:

Ditto. I hope so too.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 23:37   Link #583
Micante

Has anyone noticed that Charles pulled a Yagami Light in this episode?

His facial expressions make him look completely different than the personality that's been built up for more than one and a half seasons.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 23:44   Link #584
finalnight
Supreme Commander

That final scene with CC and Lelouch was very nicely done and had great music, very cinematic.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 00:07   Link #585
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Where do I begin with this ep, it was just the most epic piece of anime work ever! I've said that alot but nothing as of yet has got me on the edge of my seats as this ep.

Alot events happened this ep some not so easily spotted due to their subtlety.

There were alot of things to digest in this ep but lets start with the Lelouch C.C. scenes. There has been many hints throughout Code geass that C.C. has developed feelings for Lelouch such as those random dialogues pertaining to people only C.C. can see in which she tries to deny her feelings for Lelouch.

It is interesting to find that C.C original wish was to be loved and was not able to obtain it due to the extent the power of Geass can grant such a wish. Now when Lelouch tried to catch a falling C.C stating that he knows her true wish, there is a sort of double meaning behind it and one begins to wonder whether it's to be loved or to die. Most people who watch it automatically assume that Lelouch probably meant her original wish of being loved but you still cannot rule out the possibility that she may die near the end of the series. After this ep i felt C.C's chances for survival (which previously was at 100%) has no greatly diminished.

Now Lelouch's character is hard to analyse. We have seen on many other occasions of him getting sentimental over the fates of the various girls around e.g. Shirley in ep 13, so one cannot be too sure whether Lelouch's outburst for C.C. was a genuine confession of a sort or merely just showing that now C.C. has become one of Lelouch's many important things.

We've learnt a few things about the geass power as well. It's been hinted in this ep that the nature of the geass power you obtain is a reflection of what you wanted at the moment of the contract as we saw with C.C. wishing to be loved and hence gained the power to make people love her. So if we carry this theory over to the other geass users one begins to wonder what their heart intentions were at the time they made their geass contracts. Lelouch's wish and his geass are pretty well explained but what of Charles? What was his original wish that gave him the power to modify memories? Could it be a painful memory that he wanted someone to forgot? What about Rolo? Why does his Geass involve stopping time? Perhaps it reflects on his maturity and conscience which has in essence stopped developing when he was very young.

Now onto Suzaku, I've never liked him ever from the start of Code Geass and after this ep probably never will. What i realised from him is that he is like a bank of contradictions, if by any chance people felt that just because he didn't give Kallen the refrain made him a better person you're wrong. His reason for that was so that he won't be like Lelouch (i.e. in his perception of Lelouch as a ruthless scheming villain who will manipulate and use anything to gain an advantage) yet he seemed to have forgotten that when he tried to use Nunnally to try to see if Lelouch has regained his memory or when he handed Lelouch in order to become part of the Knights of Rounds. Suzaku is too blinded by his own sense of self righteousness that he doesn't realise he has already crossed the line by doing the very things that was trying to prevent.

It is also interesting to note that Suzaku said to Nunnally the exact same thing that Lelouch said to her in Season 1 and that is that he will never lie to her. Once again he contradicted himself there cause he lied when he told her that the person on the phone was not her brother or the fact that Lelouch is in fact Zero.

Overall great ep and I know I haven't said much about the Ohgi Villeta development but frankly after all that happened this ep their scenes just wasn't all that interesting, I'd much preferred it if they showed more of Lelouch and C.C then going to their scenes. But overall 10/10 definitely. Very epic ep.
Old 2008-07-21, 00:10   Link #586
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well... at least I know what the "Code" part of Code Geass is now...

Episode was, ok. Finally some more Geass/Emperor plot, but since I don't really care that much about C.C. I wasn't too interested in the majority of the scenes. While I admit I wasn't much of a fan of C.C. I enjoyed her haughty, strong personality. Now that she's some moeblob it seems like she's gonna replace Kallen as the fanservice queen or something with a bunch of innocent scenes.

Oh well, if this means Kalulu is over then that's fine with me. I'm not so much a Kallen/Lelouch shipper as I am a "Kallen lives through the show and has a good ending while kicking ass" advocate. I also found myself liking Lelouch less and less over R2 so I'd rather Kallen ends up with me .

EDIT: I wasn't really feeling the Ohgi/Viletta scene either. I doubt they both die from that. My assumption is one of them perishes and the other one lives on. I like both of the characters but they really haven't been on-screen enough to make me feel a lot of emotion. As always, my opinion on Code Geass' character management is rather low. I know not everyone is meant to be a dynamic character but the way even some of the more important characters have been handled is kind of disappointing.
Old 2008-07-21, 00:27   Link #587
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Where do I begin with this ep, it was just the most epic piece of anime work ever! I've said that alot but nothing as of yet has got me on the edge of my seats as this ep.

Alot events happened this ep some not so easily spotted due to their subtlety.

There were alot of things to digest in this ep but lets start with the Lelouch C.C. scenes. There has been many hints throughout Code geass that C.C. has developed feelings for Lelouch such as those random dialogues pertaining to people only C.C. can see in which she tries to deny her feelings for Lelouch.

It is interesting to find that C.C original wish was to be loved and was not able to obtain it due to the extent the power of Geass can grant such a wish. Now when Lelouch tried to catch a falling C.C stating that he knows her true wish, there is a sort of double meaning behind it and one begins to wonder whether it's to be loved or to die. Most people who watch it automatically assume that Lelouch probably meant her original wish of being loved but you still cannot rule out the possibility that she may die near the end of the series. After this ep i felt C.C's chances for survival (which previously was at 100%) has no greatly diminished.

Now Lelouch's character is hard to analyse. We have seen on many other occasions of him getting sentimental over the fates of the various girls around e.g. Shirley in ep 13, so one cannot be too sure whether Lelouch's outburst for C.C. was a genuine confession of a sort or merely just showing that now C.C. has become one of Lelouch's many important things.

We've learnt a few things about the geass power as well. It's been hinted in this ep that the nature of the geass power you obtain is a reflection of what you wanted at the moment of the contract as we saw with C.C. wishing to be loved and hence gained the power to make people love her. So if we carry this theory over to the other geass users one begins to wonder what their heart intentions were at the time they made their geass contracts. Lelouch's wish and his geass are pretty well explained but what of Charles? What was his original wish that gave him the power to modify memories? Could it be a painful memory that he wanted someone to forgot? What about Rolo? Why does his Geass involve stopping time? Perhaps it reflects on his maturity and conscience which has in essence stopped developing when he was very young.

Now onto Suzaku, I've never liked him ever from the start of Code Geass and after this ep probably never will. What i realised from him is that he is like a bank of contradictions, if by any chance people felt that just because he didn't give Kallen the refrain made him a better person you're wrong. His reason for that was so that he won't be like Lelouch (i.e. in his perception of Lelouch as a ruthless scheming villain who will manipulate and use anything to gain an advantage) yet he seemed to have forgotten that when he tried to use Nunnally to try to see if Lelouch has regained his memory or when he handed Lelouch in order to become part of the Knights of Rounds. Suzaku is too blinded by his own sense of self righteousness that he doesn't realise he has already crossed the line by doing the very things that was trying to prevent.

It is also interesting to note that Suzaku said to Nunnally the exact same thing that Lelouch said to her in Season 1 and that is that he will never lie to her. Once again he contradicted himself there cause he lied when he told her that the person on the phone was not her brother or the fact that Lelouch is in fact Zero.

Overall great ep and I know I haven't said much about the Ohgi Villeta development but frankly after all that happened this ep their scenes just wasn't all that interesting, I'd much preferred it if they showed more of Lelouch and C.C then going to their scenes. But overall 10/10 definitely. Very epic ep.
You made a very good point about Suzaku. It will be interesting to see how people will respond if that was posted in the Suzaku thread.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 00:31   Link #588
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Did Lelouch take C.C's code, it was missing from her forehead, anyways DAMN C.C is moe while Nina is do not want!!! Nina is getting way too much air time.
Old 2008-07-21, 00:35   Link #589
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched this episode.

Wow.....great work, Code Geass. You've succeeded in mindfucking me. Great work. 10/10
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 00:37   Link #590
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Just watched sub and I finally get what in the world happened. I'm so sad one of my favorite characters is now gone...for awhile hopefully.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 00:49   Link #591
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Did Lelouch take C.C's code, it was missing from her forehead, anyways DAMN C.C is moe while Nina is do not want!!! Nina is getting way too much air time.
Yea why is Nina getting so much air time. I miss Li already.
Old 2008-07-21, 00:52   Link #592
finalnight
Supreme Commander

Not going to quote the entire thing, but to say its the "most epic piece of anime work ever" might be pushing it just a tad. It was an unbelievably good episode for sure, possibly the best of Code Geass, but most epic ever in the 50+ yr history of anime is a stretch.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 00:58   Link #593
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
What is going on around here? Sayoko & viletta Fight Each other (during ougi scene)!?

edit:- you know i 've just finished watchin 15.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-07-21 at 01:11.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 01:00   Link #594
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

"I know.. Your Geass... Of your true wish" Seems romantic enough from our thick headed Lelouch.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 01:01   Link #595
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
Not going to quote the entire thing, but to say its the "most epic piece of anime work ever" might be pushing it just a tad. It was an unbelievably good episode for sure, possibly the best of Code Geass, but most epic ever in the 50+ yr history of anime is a stretch.
Some people like blue and some peole like yellow. Some people think this is awesome and epic and others think its borings. What makes this what it is, is up to the eye of the beholder. This is one of the two episode which i ranked lower compare to the other R2 episode, but that doesn't mean its not epic for whoever believes it is epic.

Saying that this episode is Epic is not a stretch what so ever but thats my opinion.

Most things are arbitrary anyways.
Old 2008-07-21, 01:03   Link #596
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
2 words

EPIC WIN

i was never into the whole C.C. vs Kallen thing, but wow, C.C. got me now, sooooo cute
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 01:03   Link #597
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
Bear in mind that it was merely an assumption based on my own opinion. Certainly I do not try nor have the intention of wanting everyone to believe my point of view, but was just how i felt. Also it could be the fact that I haven't watched many anime and out of the few choices I've seen this anime and specifically this ep stood out as one of the best.
Old 2008-07-21, 01:04   Link #598
doozer667

Okay, so this is what I get out of the episode from my analyzation. Feel free to tell me if I get something wrong:

Spoiler for Charles, V.V. and C.C.:
doozer667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 01:05   Link #599
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Some people like blue and some peole like yellow. Some people think this is awesome and epic and others think its borings. What makes this what it is, is up to the eye of the beholder. This is one of the two episode which i ranked lower compare to the other R2 episode, but that doesn't mean its not epic for whoever believes it is epic.

Saying that this episode is Epic is not a stretch what so ever but thats my opinion.

Most things are arbitrary anyways.
I completely agree with you bbdeuce. I don't think it's that good compared to other past R2 episodes. I found the episode lacking in epicness if you ask my opinion. If it had mind ***ked me, maybe it would get more praise, but it wasn't even close to scaring/confusing me. It should have shown CC getting stabbed by the Nun or something, which would have been EPIC. So, this episode only added more to the story and nothing else, and it constantly kept jumping around from scene to scene like in the Star Wars movies. + the characters, especially Lelouch was drawn weird in some parts >.> I'd say ep 24-25 of R1 is the most epic Geass episode so far.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 01:07   Link #600
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

V.V. gave Charles his immortality, and in turn was able to die, so in a way you could say it was Lelouch that killed V.V.

It seems to me that Lelouch is gonna try to give C.C. true love., as its her true desire.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote