View Single Post
Old 2009-02-01, 19:06   Link #13
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wink And so TOEI freshened up Pretty Cure

Finally, seen the first episode.

I'm glad to have kept my expectations low, since the first half for the episode was rather average and a little bit slow, but the second half delivered an awesome outcome.

TOEI made its gamble and looks like for the time being the 'Fresh' (no pun intended) is working for the time being.

It's fantastic how TOEI revamped the format for this entire series. The villains this time around are serious and looks like they show potential to have their personalities fleshed out for development and growth.

Like with Yes! Pretty Cure 5 previously, TOEI broke some formulaic conventionalities on this current Pretty Cure series.
Spoiler:

And God heard my prayers! The mascots in this Pretty Cure do not make squeaking, annoying sounds in their speeches, or at least one of them doesn't.
Spoiler:

And I have become awared of the parallels that this particular season to the franchise bears with other magic-girl titles.

Looks like for this season: idol dancers and singers are theme on-stage.

They introduced Miyuki's character as a popular idol actress and being Love's dream model as a fan.

The heroines are a slightly bit of grown-up in contrast to the previous Pretty Cure heroines.

Overall, it was a decent start, and I give credit to the writers for treating their targeted audience more self-consciously.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote