View Single Post
Old 2010-02-24, 00:44   Link #118
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Well, to be honest, when have we reason to doubt Koizumi? Often his explanations make as much sense as anything else, or are the only clues we have, so we may as well go with what he says until proven otherwise.
In Sighs we have a reason to doubt Koizumi. Not saying he is deliberating lieing, but that not mean he is 100% trustable. He can use his position to gave the most convenient explanation, even if he do not do that consiously (I believe it is thinking to hight of him, but that is just opinion).

Spoiler for The Surprise of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Frankly, I'm somewhat sceptical of his stories, but willing to accept them as plausible and most likely to be true, because usually there isn't much reason to disbelieve him. And when there is, I am ready to reevaluate what I think.
We usually have to trust Koizumi because he gave the only explanation. We can't just ignore it, or we wouldn't have a clue of what is going on. Just pointing that we might want to see it for nwe angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
But they do have at least similar conclusions?
The don't have similar conclusions, they is pretty much the oposite (the World is isn danger(Koizumi) vs the World itself is never in danger (Nagato) vs The World
can't be in danger (Asahina)). At last one of then need to be wrong, that person can be Itsuki. Before this scene we never really have any reason to think the explanation Itsuki gave in Melancholy was wrong. Nowe we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Yeah, I never trusted that Mikuru kid.
I believed Koizumi, because he's so convincing. But, he's also a good actor.
He could be bullshitting us
Well, yeah. I believe it is how it went to most of us. It is also one of the main reasons I don't trust Koizumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Now now, would the guy in my avatar do that?
Wouldn't him?

Seriously, I agree with what Yuki said as the conclusion to that whole set of scenes: There's no way for Kyon to be able to tell what the truth is, so there's no real way to fully trust any of the ITDE, Future-people, or Agency.

Spoiler:
[/quote]

You have a point he. However, I would say Itsuki's lie is pretty much inocent, and Yuki's may be more a mistake then a lie. Yeah, I don't trus Mikuru either.

In any case, the most trustable person in the Brigade is Haruhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Personally, I think Koizumi's just being used as a plot-detailer since Yuki's meant to not be talkative and part of Mikuru's charm is her inability to know things that are commonplace in the "past." That's the only reason I trust him as much as I do with certain things, but not wholeheartedly, since he's proven himself to lie about the plot.
I believe you are mostly correct.

Also, many Koizumi's explanation are, by his own adimission, just theories (many of then ecen sound it is being made on spot). Even for Itsuki, they are not meant to be taken as true ("Haruhi is God" is the prime exemple). However, Itsuki's theory is good for Kyon, and us, readers, because it provide some explanation.

I am not telling Itsuki has an evil plan or something (tough it is a possibility), just that he is not the guardian of truth.