View Single Post
Old 2012-02-02, 07:35   Link #842
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Mecha-otaku part of me kinda worry of "school life" episodes because there will be small chance to have proper battle scene on it; but on the other side I'm probably okay if it means we'll get more character and relationship development
I don't think you'll need to worry about that, somehow the old Aquarion manages to throw in a Mecha battle at the end of every school day episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
More fan arts...

Good find

But that... 'Cat'(?)... It really does seem to get around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I can't confirm the source material being fake or not fake, but the translation with it here is both incomplete and what is translated seems a bit off (unless there's context we're missing). I'm not a real translator -- understanding is easier than translating -- but I'll take a whack at a couple things.

First, as was already mentioned, translating "マリー曰く「ミコノは悪い女」" as "According to Mari, Mikono is an *evil* girl" seems a bit aggressive (the *evil* part). That's a bit too strong and overly-specific for what's literally there, which is a fairly vague "Mikono's a bad woman" (which still comes across too strong in English).

Then there's this part:

...which that approximate translation basically skipped over. In-context, this is someone paraphrasing some more of what Kaji said, but isn't a direct quote from Kaji. I already paraphrased the last two lines earlier, but a fuller paraphrase (so paraphrase-of-a-paraphrase from a blog post summarizing an interview in a magazine, lol), would be:

Spoiler for TN Notes:

As always, I'd prefer a proper translation to my paraphrasing, but I hope that makes what I was basing my guesses on a bit clearer for everyone. It jumped out at me b/c it's the kind of thing I could easily believe the writers would say: once it's pointed out it feels obviously correct -- a *very* good characterization of Mikono so far -- but it's hard as a viewer to be that precise this early on.

Moving back to the discussion: as much as I want to see a grief-tricken Mykage go into fully-fabulous berserker mode, I agree it'd be a shame to kill Kagura off anywhere as early as that halfway point, if only because he does have a cool character design. Beyond that though, eh? He's like Zessica insofar as we haven't seen enough of his personality for me to have a strong opinion on him one way or the other.
Good explanation, I got some of the stuff from before, but it's good to have it properly explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Yes, I did some searching and it turns out "悪" is Chinese "惡", which can evil means but I was concerned about nuances in the context or translation that would confuse me. But I can see what you / the interviwees are getting at - Mikono does mess up a lot, for example, she really was not helping in ep1+2 by freaking out and telling Amata to run before she finally got it together. I also found her jealousy in episode 5 extremely cute but clearly she could and should have dealt with that situation better.

Hmmm if that's the extend of her 'Evil' then we would be making mountains out of molehills because that's call being human, not mess up.

Mess up is like what Luke did in the first part of Tales of the Abyss, or the Trojans when they let that horse in.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-02-02 at 08:59.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote