Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 18:55   Link #3951
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Run outside with a winter coat, boots, gloves and a thick hat on your head on...

Then run outside with shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes (if there's no snow where you live)

You'll see a big difference in your speed right there.
Fate never discarded her boots and gauntlet (the ones with noticeable weight), just some garments. So using your example the only difference is between running with winter coat and running with shorts and t-shirts.

And Fate can fly. Running will be slower when using bulkier pants, but leg movements doesn't matter much up there. I can understand if they claim that losing some garments makes her barrier-jacket less restrictive, allowing for more flexible body movements, but they explicitly stated "speed", which is a different thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
If you're talking about Fate's Sonic Form it probably has to do more with how the energy is spent than how the clothes look.

Less clothes = Less Barriers = More Free mana for speed boost xD!
But can't they just control their mana allocation? "Oh hey, I need more speed. Guess I'll reduce the amount of power I use on Protection and divert it for Flight instead."

Unless barrier-jackets have a minimum amount of mana they continuously leech to power their own barriers.

Quote:
Which raises the question of why Hayate never improved their clothes once it becomes clear that they will fight numerous battles in the future xDU.
Good question.