Old 2012-03-14, 17:34   Link #2292
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Don't care if it is true.

Because it would mean they literally shipped an incomplete game. That is unethical. Any free dlc later would still be something that should have been part of the game. This is something you don't leave the customers to discover on their own; it is something you have to prepare them for. I say it's a fake, as they are clearly too lazy to do this. If they can do it, they would be able to afford animating Tali's face.
If it's free, it's not about ethics. It's about bad decisions, to ship the game incomplete and finish the ending later.

Remember, Bethesda released Fallout 3 with a terrible ending, and that was the intended ending. The fans reacted negatively with far less fervor than ME fans are reacting now, and Bethesda released a paid DLC to fix the ending (Broken Steel).

I was annoyed, sure, but I bought it anyway (well, I bought the combo pack on Steam after I had already purchased FO3 on disc). Broken Steel, taken on its own, was worth what I paid for it. I'm annoyed that it wasn't free, but since I bought FO3 GOTY edition for $20 on a Steam sale I'm not overly concerned.