View Single Post
Old 2013-03-31, 01:14   Link #94
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Jackie Chan is one amongst the top pioneers to infuse Hong Kong's Chinese martial-arts cinema with humor whether be serious or slapstick.

I feel that amongst his more modern films the "Tuxedo" was a flop if not boring from my P.O.V.

Now, you think that I believe "Rush Hour" is my favorite film? Think again.

My favorite Jackie Chan film comes from an era at a time when American actors were paid to dub the voices of all the actors and actresses, including his, starring in his films back from the 1970's, 1980's, and early 1990's.

My favorite Jackie Chan film is the live action adaptation of City Hunter.

The best and awesome scene from that film comes when Jackie is electrocuted senseless and thrown into a Street Figther II videogame parlor and transforms himself into E. Honda, Guile, Dhalsim, and Chun-Li; that last transformation was Best Gold Fight for that film.

This is the memorable scene I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA_ATLFxIA4

Amongst his latter and more recent films, I consider the Forbidden Kingdom a worthy film to the martial-arts, wuxia genre.

Next, once witnessing the splendid drama he delivered in Mr. Han's character I thought that he should have been given and granted the sole rights to direct the 2010 Karate Kid himself. I mean his performance as Mr. Han during the most dramatic scenes and at the climax of the film not only was memorable but to me became a mind-blowing experience. From doing that role, then at that moment I acknowledged Jackie Chan no longer as just a superstar of wuxia and martial-arts cinema, but also superstar that is capable to deliver drama and performing in other film genres as well.

And I thought Shanghai Knights was more better and funnier than the previous film.

I already know from six months ago that Jackie Chan is retiring, but from doing anymore martial arts and action films, because he's now pushing 60 in age. However, he's NOT retiring from doing film making as director, producer, writer, and actor.
In the years to come he's going to do other films outside the action genre.

And, I would love to see and hear him doing more voice-acting roles like, for example, Master Monkey in the Kung Fu Panda films.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote