View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 12:50   Link #103
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
You can say it's a fact, but that really doesn't make anything more clear. Like I said, Pain called himself a God. That's a fact. Is he therefore a God? No he's not.

"The Outer Path (外道, Gedō) is the seventh path, an ability granted to the wielder of the Rinnegan. With the Outer Path, the user is able to control life and death by reviving the dead, bind and restrict foes, as well as create and control the Six Paths of Pain."

Okay, so Outer Path can revive the dead and bind enemies. Is that supposed to be control over life and death? It sounds like a very ambitious way of saying you can revive the dead. So because he can revive the dead, he can't make mistakes whether or not somebody's heart has stopped?

Remember, he thought Kakashi was dead as well. He had no idea Kakashi saved himself with Kamui, which later cost him dearly.
it's typical of people with no point to resort to saying things that have no bearing on the specific discussion. i never said pain was a god. you keep throwing that in there as a distraction. and kakashi has nothing to do with it either. the crux of the disagreement is whether people can come back from the dead or not. it's so overwhelmingly obvious that they can since that's all that has been happening lately with edo tensei that you narrowed it down to the person themself doing it and saying it's never happened. if you reread the end of chapter 382, you will see that not only was pain confused by jiraiya's revival, but so was the toad fukasaku who is actually the one who says it specifically (and he is another character who should be able to distinguish life from death through nature chakra and his literal attachment to jiraiya...). now i'm sure you'll counter by saying kishi didn't stop the story and explain in excruciating detail exactly what jiraiya did, but you'd clearly be glossing over the point of those last couple pages that jiraiya willed himself back to leave a final dying message. and with that i can explain it no further. feel free to believe whatever you want. that's the beauty of literary interpretation. you can ignore the author's intent and come up with your own story
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote