View Single Post
Old 2013-05-13, 19:38   Link #2279
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Let me put it this way. Accel World's translation is comparatively slow when compared to series like A Certain Magical Index, and Sword Art Online, which get translated very quickly.

However it's "slowness" is downright fast when compared to a series like Durarara that's seen virtually every translation project stall out. Or for that matter, a series like Slayers, which has taken years to see any further progress.

The point being that while it would be nice if translations if Accel World's translations were as fast at the fastest translated series out there, it's translation speed hardly qualifies as slow by the standards of light novel translations.
Unfortunately, that depends if there are translators out there who are willing to translate those stories.

The thing, as I repeat like a broken recorder over and over again, is that the projects are all dependent on the translators. There is no allocation of translators out there, and even if you talk about speed of translation, you can't compare it to the monster translators like js06 on Index, who basically translates 20 times faster than everyone else. As for SAO...that's kinda my fault.

The harvest is many, but the workers are few. The trend here is that people demand mostly about a series that had been animated/is being animated, and that often goes for translations as well. I can bet with you that there will be some who'll attempt to translate Kizumonogatari if it ever got animated.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote