View Single Post
Old 2013-06-29, 18:34   Link #29
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzySan View Post
well if you don't like anime then why are you here? I mean seriously, you think the people on this site are sad.... then what does that make you? oh and btw I am not to big on fan service ,mostly because i'm gay, but I do like sappy girly stuff, so i'm the perfect candidate for Shoujo anime. I know how old the post is, it could have been 3 years old. I just didn't care, i wanted to say my say and so I did. I wasn't sure if you were trololing, but if you actually were serious I did want to provide alittle bit of fact.
You seem to misunderstand the relationship between mahou shoujo and shoujo (there is none) and not actually have read synopses of this particular series (because they don't sound like the "sappy girly stuff" you want.) To elaborate a bit, mahou shoujo refers to a theme/genre of anime, which features young girls with magical powers, and implies having one of a bunch of typical set-ups for those powers to be relevant in. On the other hand shoujo refers to a target group for a work, girls around age 11-16, but implies nothing about theme or genre. (Although typically stories for that group have romantic plots of some kind. It's still not a genre.)
Either way, you should probably check what you're wishing for before doing so, because it seems this show isn't what you think it is.
And what's wrong with spending a minute a day checking a site for potential laughs from nerds who take cheap entertainment way too seriously?

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote