View Single Post
Old 2011-04-14, 07:43   Link #5
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

top animation studio as of today, but their stories can't keep up with the animation.

True Tears is a masterpiece. people just don't like it because of the lack of comedy they expect in a show like that. plus they did such a good job at developing the characters that when one lost, it caused explosions and angst among the viewers. I'm just going to plug my "one destination, several detours" theory on the plot here.

Canaan, as an action anime, was amazing. as a storytelling vessel, not so much. but watching this for the story is like watching Iron Man or Battlefield LA for the plot.. you can do it, but its not exactly the best way to watch it.

Angel Beats had a ton of wasted potential. if they had 26 eps to develop everything and flesh everything out, i'm completely convinced that it would have been one of the best shows ever made. unfortunately, that wasn't the case and we got a case of WTF with the last few eps, before the last ep actually wrapped up things quite well.

Hanasaku Iroha has been the best show so far this season. if they can keep the level of the show up, i have no doubt it'll be just as good as True Tears.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote