View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 09:51   Link #208
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Face to Face

I came very late, but I won't be last.

If this serious is just as good as setting up the haunted and gloomy mood, I should praise it as well for the wonderful treatment delivered by both Misaki and Kouichi in this episode.

It's hard for someone to be asked or imposed the role of the non-existent person to have the class saved from the phenomenon, however, having two people sharing that role, then they can help each other out.
This outcome is proving beneficial for Misaki now, since Kouichi's the second non-existent member of Class-3 right now. They can talk freely and share many things in common; those two are making a natural and beautiful chemistry when interacting with each other.

As for the phenomenon, I was greatly reminded by Stephen Kings' works.

I believe more than the memories of the class and records altered, the Anothers possess them each year; Chibiki, the librarian, disclosed that this phenomenon happens naturally at the town every year since the 1972's incident with the boy Misaki.
I think it is more that everything connected to Class-3 gets rewritten as in preparation for the phenomenon coming-in.