View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 00:13   Link #29
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Denizens of the Great Big Touhou Thread, I request advice.

Touhou 11, Stage 4, Normal mode, Satori's second endstage spellcard... I just can't get past it without excessive bombing and death. The others after it cause me similar problems (but I'm getting a handle on her final spellcard, it just requires a lot of selective use of the focus button).

Any tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0rYn View Post
Well, if you find Satori's Recollection Spell Cards difficult, you can always have them changed by using a different character. Satori recreates Spell Cards from Yukari, Suika, Aya, Alice, Patchouli and Nitori, so if you got familiar with them in the other Touhou games, things might become easier.

Personally, I got particularly fond of ReimuB, since it has that nice auto-collect feature. Of course, ReimuA (which I assume you are using, since you mentioned "Border of Wave and Particle") also works fine, due to the "teleport to the other side of the screen" feature. Lastly, if you really want a change, you can always use Marisa. <3

As you can see, there is plenty to choose from.

On a side note, it's nice to finally see an active Touhou gaming thread around here. ^^
Thank you for this!

Yes, I'm using ReimuA. I tried ReimuB and variations of Marisa on occasion, but I like ReimuA the most. The "teleport to the other side of the screen" bit is handy--when I actually remember to use it. I mostly like ReimuA because I can concentrate all option fire forward and quickly take down a boss if the spellcard is problematic for me.

I'm actually getting Border of Wave and Particle down pretty well (still die a lot, but I'm making progress); it's Satori's second and third spellcards that really give me problems. Mostly the second spellcard using ReimuA (making slight progress on #3 spellcard).

On a better note I finally figured out how to beat Stage 3 endboss spellcard #2 in a much easier manner than I have been getting through. The huge bullets are visually confusing. @.@