Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-22, 22:29   Link #14996
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Yeah, pretty soon only rich people are going to be able to send their kids to college. Tuition is going up so much that it's barely possible even with financial aid. I'm having to borrow so much money it's ridiculous, and I'm still stuffed into a tiny bedroom in a tiny apartment with a bunch of other students in a bad part of town.

And don't even get me started about how often the shit gets delayed. Most of the time I don't even get my books until a month after the semester has started. I would gladly work a part-time job to supplement my income, but I can't. Nobody will hire me, so stuff your "free market" where the sun don't shine, justinstrife. I know you'll say some stupid crap about "living off the government teat." I wouldn't, if I had a choice. Do you think I like relying on money that's frequently late, delayed, unpredictable and has to be paid back with interest?

This country's so fucked economically that I had no choice but to go back to school and rely on financial aid, simply to survive. I have a lot of skills even without school, and I'm ambitious and a hard worker. But nobody cares anymore. You have to have a degree to get a job scrubbing toilets these days.

So yeah, I do what I have to in order to stay alive. What's the alternative, suicide? Screw that.