View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 01:06   Link #862
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
If you can't digest a very negative opinion on this movie, I suggest skipping over this post to save yourself grief.
I do agree with your thoughts about the London trip, there wasn't really anything done with the setting other than a few gags with the girls' Engrish.

I started off reading the K-ON manga back when it first came out and also felt like I had been tricked into reading a manga that wasn't about music at all, but I thought it was pretty cute and felt like it wasn't a dealbreaker. Nowadays I guess I've finished with expecting a music focus from K-ON (I was actually surprised by how many songs were in the movie).

One thing I disagree with is that I don't think it's disingenuous to music or musicians. Sure, we never see them practice but at least it's implied that they do, and the songs are simple enough that it's mostly believable that a high school band could play them. As we all know, the practice never gets shown because the target audience doesn't even care (just like in a series focused on music we wouldn't see any tea time). But maybe I'm biased because K-ON happens to resonate with me and inspire me to play (I couldn't wait to pick up my guitar after watching the movie, ha ha).