View Single Post
Old 2010-11-04, 22:42   Link #65
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ahh~ Ah~ Ah~
Again with the "It isn't the real world, so anything can happen" statement.
Well, I don't feel like repeating last week, so here's a post to read instead:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...57#post3324357
(Beware of spoilers from Toaru Majutsu no Index anime thread)

Forget how to breathe, sure. Haha... Even the idea that someone so protective of his games and system (and the characters inside) going out of his way to put them in danger would make more sense.
Oh, and yeah, I'm plenty serious.
How about you actually read and try to comprehend what I post instead of skimming it to take things out of context. By "real world", I don't imply that "The World God Only Knows" is a fictional setting and thus "anything can happen". Quite to the contrary, I base it on Keima's quite realistic, if abnormal, motivations. I mean that he doesn't see the "reality" of his existence—Maijima High School, family, Elsie—as his world. His is the world of games, and he is its god.

Do you think that when Michael Jordan in his prime went for a wide open breakaway dunk, that the thought of missing it even entered his head? Do you think that when Tiger Woods cleans up a two-inch putt, the thought that he might miss even occurs to him? How many times a day do you see someone do something with a fair percentage of danger or failure (like, say, running a red light) with nary a thought for the consequences? Similarly, when Keima walks into the bath with his PFP, the thought that he could possibly drop it into the water doesn't even register to him. He's the Capturing God. Such a possibility is beneath him. He's not "going out of his way to put his games and system in danger", he's just long ago dismissed the possibility of it happening.

You treat this like a plot hole, when it's actually an example of the author's skill at making realistic, flawed characters. People make decisions based not upon fact or reality, but upon their perceptions. Keima doesn't perceive it as possible that he could drop his PFP in the bath, so he figures "Why waste that time not gaming?" and takes it in there without hesitation.

Do you understand now? I don't know if I can make it any clearer...