View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 05:15   Link #520
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I haven't denied that at all. As it pertains to the wishes, all I've pointed out is that some happiness came from the wishes.

As Scrooge McDuck said, who in their right mind would expect eternal happiness to come from any wish that wasn't specifically for eternal happiness?

Okay, then let me ask this way round: Do you think that Sayaka would have formed a contract if she had known that things would turn out like this? Do you think that Kyoko would have formed a contract if she had known that things would turn out like this? Or would both of them more likely think that their wish had backfired?

Quote:
But even so, you've never heard an exasperated person say "There's nothing good about my job" or "There's nothing good about my life" during a bad day? Are people not allowed to exaggerate, use hyperbole, or vent?
But this was no hyperbole. In this scene Mami was seriously warning Madoka that becoming a MG would suck donkey balls. And she was moved to tears that Madoka was willing to pick up this burden to lighten Mami's load and team up with her. Do you think that Mami had recommended to Madoka to become a MG if it hadn't been to gain a friend?

Quote:
Not saying that's what Mami is doing here, but it is a possibility. Kyoko certainly doesn't seem to think that there's nothing good to being a MG, does she?
You think so? Even if we forget the minor fact that she lost her family, do you feel that Kyoko is happy? For real? Kyoko copes better than Sayaka, but she's not happy.

Quote:
Sure. And these are Mami quotes too:

"And we can all have a party to celebrate you and me teaming up as magical girls!" - Mami to Madoka, emphasis mine
See above. She was happy to find someone who'd team up with her regardless of the downsides. Someone who still didn't know of the horrors of MG-dom back then.

Quote:
"It's like my body is floating... This is the first time I've been this happy in a fight!"

"I'm not afraid anymore!"

"Because I'm not alone!"
*CHOMP* *NOM NOM NOM*

Yet another unfortunate coincidence.

Quote:
What was making Mami unhappy wasn't that she was a magical girl, per se. What was making her unhappy was that she was lonely, period. But being a magical girl didn't mean she had to stay alone.
Is this so? To use a quote you love so much: We don't know that. We know from Homura that according to her, losing everyone you love is a direct result of becoming a MG, she said she's seen it happen all too many times. We don't know all factors involved here yet. For example, it could very well be that being close to people as a MG means that they could be involved and harmed by attacking witches. So you opt to disregard Homura's warning?

You're making it sound like being a MG is just like picking up a side job like delivering newspapers, and life goes on normally otherwise. I don't think this is accurate.

Quote:
Honestly, some of the magical girls have made false assumptions about their own roles.
Yupyup, MGs. Listen to the advice of the QB defense team

Quote:
Yes, because she was lonely. Period. Notice how happy she becomes just when she has a new friend, even with her still being a magical girl.
...and immediately she died. Always these coincidences.

Quote:
Who's to say that the way she is now is a permanent state? They even had an interview with Homura's seiyu, IIRC, where it was stated that Sayaka will have a glimmer of hope right to the end. Sayaka might yet recover from this. We'll just have to wait and see.
If she recovers in some way, it will be due to outside help. The MG meatgrinder in conjunction with the "unfortunate coincidences" is currently killing her.

Quote:
Is she crying blood, or was she pierced near her eyes by the enemy witch?
Is there ANY limit to what you're trying to defend? ^_^;

Quote:
It's not "ignorance" at all. Her happiness was due to a real situation right in front of her eyes. That situation was the boy that she loved fully recovered, and playing music again.
But this happiness has immediately been superseded by the truth - once she learned about it. Sayaka was ripped off - either by a "unfortunate coincidence", or something more sinister could be in effect here. Keep in mind what was said about "equal exchange" of happiness and grief.

So, I'll agree with Homura for the time being: Don't become a MG. You'll lose everyone dear to you and be screwed over.

Quote:
Who's saying that it's going to be "lifelong"? Does Kyoko look to be in constant despair to you?
Yes. That she's unhappy becomes obvious by the strong outbursts of anger she shows when she talks to Sayaka. She's better at controlling it, but she's got serious issues.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote