AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-28, 10:33   Link #101
Frontier

Just a routine collection of Tuldarr's treasure, nothing too surprising...oh, another magic orb. I'm sure that won't come back to being plot relevant .

Oscar and Tinasha are at Farsas' Eastern base and encounter Elze (Asami Seto?) one of the survivors of a raid on a village by the marauding Ito where she lost her husband and many children lost their families. So all they have left is each other and her .

Re-introducing time travel! A son who went back in time to save his mother from the bandits who attacked her village and ended up raping her, conceiving him, and ending up getting proposed by her before leaving and ensuring he's never born. That's pretty trippy .

Figures the only way Tinasha would be comfortable being stuck in the same room as Oscar is as a cat. At least Tinasha is a cute cat and we get Atsumi Tanezaki cat noises. Not to mention she and Oscar are pretty physically intimate while she's in cat form .

Oscar and Tinasha run into the Ito lead by Javi who want Elze, and challenges Oscar to a duel...but I get Elze was part of the bargain, but did they really need to drag her all the way there? And to give her emotional trauma from seeing her husbands' murderer again? Though I guess it must have been satisfying seeing Oscar wipe that smug smirk off of Javi's face and slice his arm off...until she ran to tend to him. Huh? Didn't this dude kill your husband and try to steal you away!? Why are you protecting him!? Is this something to do with Elze's magic potential ?

Although before we could unpack all that, an anti-mage God erupts from the ground from Tinasha's simple magic of stopping Javi's bleeding and possesses Elze. At least Tinasha gets a chance to take out a longstanding grudge her race has been stewing on for centuries .

Tinasha wants to port Oscar away as soon as possible, but he won't let her...and while she's quick to make him assume he'll have to kill her if she goes crazy like always, he's quick to comment that he'll do everything he can to save her. And that gives her the motivation she needs to keep going. That Tinasha blush was cute .

Nothing more hardcore than Tinasha absorbing Irityrdia and having Oscar run her through to kill it .

I don't know what the heck is going on between Javi and Elze, but things seem to be going pretty well between Oscar and Tinasha. She's too tired to not rest in human form on his bed, and also showing she's more comfortable around him, and Oscar even surprises her with a good night kiss! No rest for a blushing Tinasha then .
Old 2024-05-28, 14:14   Link #102
scififan

Tinasha complains that the draining magic is like a sea sick. Maybe they were traveling by a ship.

Tinasha only asks Oscar to do a caesarean section, not stabbing her like a kobob.

Tinasha thinks in a cat form will keep her relationship with Oscar pure, by sharing same room. Who knows if Oscar will think a cat is also fine.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-28, 17:44   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oscar and Tinasha run into the Ito lead by Javi who want Elze, and challenges Oscar to a duel...but I get Elze was part of the bargain, but did they really need to drag her all the way there? And to give her emotional trauma from seeing her husbands' murderer again? Though I guess it must have been satisfying seeing Oscar wipe that smug smirk off of Javi's face and slice his arm off...until she ran to tend to him. Huh? Didn't this dude kill your husband and try to steal you away!? Why are you protecting him!? Is this something to do with Elze's magic potential ?
I was going to write the whole thing off as the adaptation leaving stuff out again, which it actually did but it doesn't make much more sense in the LN either, apparently. The main difference is that Tinasha isn't a cat when she syncs up with Elze's dream, and what she does in her sleep is making out with Oscar, meaning... Elze had the hots for the man who killed her husband all along. That's really fucked up. Honestly, fuck that guy and fuck her. They should have let them both die. Tinasha was clearly disgusted by the man (for good reasons), and Elze really isn't much better.

The only interesting part of this episode was more hints there's going to be time travel.
Old 2024-05-28, 18:52   Link #104
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was going to write the whole thing off as the adaptation leaving stuff out again, which it actually did but it doesn't make much more sense in the LN either, apparently. The main difference is that Tinasha isn't a cat when she syncs up with Elze's dream, and what she does in her sleep is making out with Oscar, meaning... Elze had the hots for the man who killed her husband all along. That's really fucked up. Honestly, fuck that guy and fuck her. They should have let them both die. Tinasha was clearly disgusted by the man (for good reasons), and Elze really isn't much better.

The only interesting part of this episode was more hints there's going to be time travel.
Husband probably turning over in his grave...
Old 2024-05-31, 00:56   Link #105
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:

So that's what happened. It just didn't make sense for the woman to say the guy killed her husband, show herself to openly fear him, him smirking knowing he did the dastardly deed, but then the girl shows sympathy when he loses his arm, and he shows sympathy when she gets possessed. I thought that it might be possible for the husband to be a wifebeater and that guy 'saved' her by killing her husband, so she was just playing the victim. Or maybe they were secret lovers. But this sounds worse, and terribly done too. The very jump between their emotions and so quickly is just not reasonable nor relatable.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-31, 13:26   Link #106
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So that's what happened. It just didn't make sense for the woman to say the guy killed her husband, show herself to openly fear him, him smirking knowing he did the dastardly deed, but then the girl shows sympathy when he loses his arm, and he shows sympathy when she gets possessed. I thought that it might be possible for the husband to be a wifebeater and that guy 'saved' her by killing her husband, so she was just playing the victim. Or maybe they were secret lovers. But this sounds worse, and terribly done too. The very jump between their emotions and so quickly is just not reasonable nor relatable.
I think the weirdness is what the story wants to convey, which could be worse. The anime seems to skip a monologue as a hint.
Old 2024-05-31, 17:17   Link #107
Frontier

I wonder if a better staff/adaption could have made it at least somewhat better.
Old 2024-06-04, 10:32   Link #108
Frontier

Lucrezia is practically living at the castle the amount of times she visits Tinasha at this rate. She's concerned about her gal pals' propensity for getting stabbed in the stomach, but she'd also rather focus on Tinasha's love life...and how she'd gotten so comfortable at Farsas she'd completely forgotten about the contract ending soon .

Pamyra...is she one of the people who were serving Tinasha when she fake joined Lanak? Not that I would put it past this show to throw in more random characters .

I guess not everybody is all in on the OscarxTinasha ship or want a Witch for a queen, especially Norman, but Tinasha is well aware of her own status and how people see her...though that doesn't make her care any less for Oscar, despite herself. Even if she had to erase his memories of her, she'd just want him to be happy. But what about HER happiness ?

Oh hey, ENGI CAN draw a proper kiss! And Tinasha is growing more comfortable with those as much as she is being close to and intimate with Oscar! If only Lazar, everyone's least favorite retainer, hadn't shown up to ruin the moment right when it was getting good .

Why the sudden monster attack? Also, I guess Tinasha can now conveniently summon all the Tuldarr spirits to serve her I guess .

You really can't trust maids around the palace. Who the heck is Leonora though ?

Oscar's been poisoned, with a seemingly impossible to cure poison at that, and Tinasha isn't about to let him die on her watch...she'll even use her own blood, and risk exposure to the poison herself, to save him. Because nothing is more precious to her than his life .

Buck-naked Tinasha! Not that we get to see that much (other than when Oscar embraces her in bed) .

Dang it, they DID wipe his memories. Though ironically the guy who least wanted Oscar to be with Tinasha, who came to respect her after she saved him, is the one who gives Oscar the clue to remember her .

Ah yes, perfect excuse to make your love interest strip naked, so you can check to make sure she's fully healed .

That Tinasha needed a frikkin' TEA PARTY of people telling her she's in love with Oscar for her to finally get a clue. And then she's so flustered she broke a good table and then planned to kill Oscar !

Tinasha really asking the person who wants to marry her if she's in love with him? What else was Oscar going to say? But I guess now they've confirmed their feelings are mutual and Tinasha is willing to admit how precious Oscar is to her and how happy she is to be with him, and they can share a truly passionate kiss together !
Old 2024-06-04, 16:41   Link #109
scififan

It seems the palace is in dire need of maids. Anyone can apply. Otherwise, anyone can walk on the street with a maid uniform without getting other people's suspicion.
Old 2024-06-04, 17:48   Link #110
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
You really can't trust maids around the palace. Who the heck is Leonora though ?
Yeah, who is she and why did she want Oscar dead? The show doesn't seem interested in answering either of these questions. They didn't even show anyone searching for the person who poisoned the freaking king.

I'm going to assume the demon attack was also caused by that Leonora chick, so probably a witch.
Old 2024-06-04, 19:45   Link #111
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I guess its nice that they're together or something now but I was a bit too busy recovering from story whiplash for it to really sink in. It actually almost felt like the series ending for a moment there.
Old 2024-06-05, 17:05   Link #112
Strahan

They pivoted from her being ill and dying to perfectly fine so fast that I was sure it was all going to be in her head. When the scene bloomed out from their kiss, I thought ahh here is where we'll cut back to her feverish in bed fighting the poison. But nope. I guess they really did just pivot that hard, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-11, 10:31   Link #113
Frontier

Wow, Oscar and Tinasha wasted no time after confirming their mutual feelings! Straight into bed for sex! And Tinasha's not a virgin any more so she has to adjust her magic as a result, but it was worth it. Of course now Oscar thinks they should get married more than ever, though Tinasha is still hesitant. She's Oscar's lover and she just wants to be by his side, even if it's as a mistress .

How did these kids with no adult supervision get to Tinasha's tower!? And all to ask her about snow? Man, Oscar is a bad influence .

Why does Tinasha not want to get married? Because she's worried that the child she has with Oscar will be incredibly powerful in magic, either as a girl Witch or a boy with great gifts, and she doesn't want any child to have to grapple with that burden. But if Oscar and Tinasha are good parents, wouldn't that be all the child would need ?

Oscar and Tinasha sure do clean up nicely for events! All the moreso in matching white to denote their public status as being engaged, and everyone seems pretty into them as a royal couple. It helps if the future queen is willing to let the people of Farsas see some snow for the kids !

So what is up with Oscar's mother? The way his dad talks about marrying her as being "selfish," it sounds like she was a Witch like Tinasha. Also, what about the Witch of Silence ?

Last episode everybody was wondering "who the heck is Leonora?," and turns out she's the Witch who Cannot Be Summoned, a Chiwa Saito-voiced hottie whose planning to kill Tinasha .

Here's Jun Fukuyama as a Demon King posing as nobility, Travis, who has history with Tinasha and banter to match, though he has no interest in Oscar (at least so long as he's a man), because he's caught up in his own relationship with Princess Aurelia (Aki Toyosaki?) who is the only girl who can properly scold him. And it sounds like she can't have children which is why she reacted so strongly to Tinasha's hesitation ?

No better time to talk politics and relationships than while bathing together .

Tinasha fighting monsters wearing nothing but a bedsheet is quite the view. Was she just in bed with Oscar and didn't even bother to get dressed like he did or does she occasionally sleep in the buff ?

Was that the maid who poisoned Oscar? She has a nice character design .

So Leonora has a petty grievance against Tinasha and Travis and is out to exact payback against them, with Oscar and Aurelia caught in the middle as their love interests, though Tinasha was quick to jump to killing her. Though Oscar won't let her act alone without him .
Old 2024-06-11, 11:14   Link #114
EroKing

Unnamed Fuckery Episode 10

She actually sleeps with the guy who practically took her hostage at the start of the show and then once joked about raping her. Once again surprised this isn't adapted from some Villainess manhwa...

Yea, bro! YOU go teach them all about the value of lives!
Old 2024-06-11, 17:14   Link #115
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

She actually sleeps with the guy who practically took her hostage at the start of the show and then once joked about raping her. Once again surprised this isn't adapted from some Villainess manhwa...

Yea, bro! YOU go teach them all about the value of lives!
To be fair outside that scene where he tried to force himself on her he's been pretty respectful towards her.

But also they haven't adapted like a lot of their interaction with each other up to this point.
Old 2024-06-11, 17:42   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I could actually understand what happened in this episode!

I didn't like how that girl lectured Tinasha about not wanting children when she has no idea how much she has suffered because of her high magic potential. This episode was very "pro-life".
Old 2024-06-11, 18:38   Link #117
Frontier

Quote:
I didn't like how that girl lectured Tinasha about not wanting children when she has no idea how much she has suffered because of her high magic potential. This episode was very "pro-life".
I'm assuming the reason she felt so strongly about it is because whatever ability she has prevents her from having children while Tinasha can still bear children.
Old 2024-06-12, 00:43   Link #118
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze, there's some venom being flung around in the comments for this show .

I think it's fine for there to be some discussion about the future when it comes to kids in this respect. Justified concerns to be sure for Tinasha. At the same time it does seem a bit twisted up to avoid her kid having to deal with the burdens of power by having that kid never exist . At least I think it's fine to at least put forward the idea that power in itself isn't evil or a source of pure suffering.

Hard to say much about the girl that was fired up with Tinasha without knowing her situation. In the end Tinasha and Oscar will have to figure their stuff out anyways. Having something to chew on while deciding their futures isn't a bad thing.

Says a lot about how fast this show has moved along that we're already at topics about whether or not they should have kids with the insane power such children would have . Obviously not that much time left here anyways, but they really moved it as far along as they could.
Old 2024-06-12, 03:44   Link #119
scififan

Quote:
I'm assuming the reason she felt so strongly about it is because whatever ability she has prevents her from having children while Tinasha can still bear children.
I suspect the strongest witch in history needs a worthy antagonist to spice up the story.

Spoiler for Interview about writing a fantasy story:
Old 2024-06-12, 17:07   Link #120
Alchemist007
*Author

Wonder if the alt dimension/ future people bit from earlier in the cour has something to do with her supposed offspring.