AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2024-07-04, 06:34   Link #261
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So the chapter is fully translated in Mangadex.
Spoiler for comment:

Also, interesting how in the final page Kurumada offers his thanks to other Seiya mangakas like Kuroki and Teshirogi.
Old 2024-07-04, 06:40   Link #262
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
That part where Saori starts crying, I think we ALL KNOW she didn't forget but is pretending to also I do think she isn't really human as Apollong said "how long will she endure?" I think he is just testing her will as a goddess without the self awareness of one.
I don't think Saori remembers. I think the tears are just a residue of her erased memory due to her bond with Seiya.

Also, "how long will she endure?" seems to be a translation thing (I found another translation saying "let us respect her resolve"). So, I wouldn't put to much weight on that.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-04, 06:44   Link #263
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Honestly, while the manga had a sad ending, in the movie Saori seems to remember Seiya and offers help before the credits. Then again.... When will Seiya find his sister? I'm surprised Toei themselves never bothered addressing this when making Omega and instead make his character more intimate with Saori (something that doesn't seem that notable in the manga).
Old 2024-07-04, 10:11   Link #264
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
So the chapter is fully translated in Mangadex.
Spoiler for comment:

Also, interesting how in the final page Kurumada offers his thanks to other Seiya mangakas like Kuroki and Teshirogi.
Kurumada has an affliction to his right hand so he needed assistant and yes, those two have been helping her, you can tell the traces from a bunch of chapters are different from his usual.
Old 2024-07-04, 13:52   Link #265
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

If it weren't for Saint Seiya Omega that established Seiya, Shun, Shiryu, Hyoga and Ikki as veteran legendary Saints that keep fighting this might have been the most depressing ending for the manga.
Old 2024-07-07, 00:10   Link #266
Galaxian

I chose Omega as my Saint Seiya ending, thank you very much...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-08, 09:54   Link #267
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Let's hope Seiya stops having so much torture like in Toei's Tenkaihen which was almost "The Passion of the Seiya"
Old 2024-07-11, 06:47   Link #268
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Apparently, Teshirogi wrote an extra volume of The Lost Canvas after all the Gaidens that works as a sidestory to moments between the main series. With the audio drama coming next, I wonder if Teshirogi really is burned with so much content of these characters and should move to at least another Saint Seiya. Then again, the Gaiden seems to heavily explore other previous Saints like another Libra. It was kinda insane how they dedicated an entire volume to Gemini Aspros despite the guy being so open about the idea of being a villain. It felt like watching Seto Kaiba with that ego
Old 2024-09-02, 07:48   Link #269
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

They released a liveaction pilot for an old series created for Westerns...
Old 2024-09-09, 01:16   Link #270
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

New pages leaked for the new arc.
Old 2024-09-10, 06:42   Link #271
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This was revealed by assistant Izo Okada. Imagine if the next protagonist is named Pegasus Kozato in reference to the iconic Tenma Kozato....

Meanwhile, America

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-09-10 at 08:33.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-10, 08:37   Link #272
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Attention everybody. Interview

«Interviewer: Moving on to the more important topic as editor-in-chief, I was very surprised that Master Masami Kurumada drew Saint Seiya at Akita Shoten.

Takafumi Sawa: My meeting with Master Kurumada was just when the first issue of Champion Red (released in August 2002) was about to be released. At that time, Master Kurumada had already left Weekly Shônen Jump and was drawing as a freelancer, so I thought if he wouldn’t like to draw a Saint Seiya spin-off at our publishing house and contacted him. So, at first we contacted each other and talked about various things, and it seemed like we were going to meet, but in the end he ended up telling me, “I don’t want to do it now.”

I: At first, his proposal was rejected, wasn’t it?

T. S.: Well, after all, I knew it was an impossible request, and I wondered if we would talk again someday. However, some time later he contacted me and said, “Let’s go drink.” And we were drinking from 6 in the evening until 10 in the morning the next day. (Laughs).

I.: Did you talk about the publication of the series at that time?

T. S.: No, we just drank. (Laughs). Well, some time later he invited me to drink again. I was very happy to be there, and Master Kurumada said to me, “These are the plans for the Saint Seiya spin-off that we talked about last time. It’s interesting, isn’t it? Let’s do it?! I was taken by surprise and said, “Haaa… Let’s do it!”

I.: It was decided right away, wasn’t it?

T. S.: Master said to me, “If we do it, it has to be soon! The timing is very important for this.” So I quickly returned to the publishing house, and posted an advertisement in Champion Red issue 2 (published in September 2002) that said “In the next issue, Saint Seiya begins!” And we still hadn’t decided what was going to be drawn and who was going to draw it. (laughs) So, I immediately asked master Megumu Okada to take over the drawings, and Saint Seiya Episode G began. Thinking back on it now, from the times we’ve gone out drinking together until the next morning, I can say that they were both very nice people.

I.: And then, the publication of Saint Seiya by Masami Kurumada himself began in Weekly Shônen Champion.

T. S.: Because of the good reception of Champion Red, I became the editor-in-chief of Weekly Shônen Champion. At that time, Master Kurumada told me: “I'm going to draw something to celebrate the occasion,” and so he began drawing Saint Seiya Next Dimension Meiô Shinwa.

I.: The fact that the sequel to a flagship work of Weekly Shônen Jump could be read in Weekly Shônen Champion was an unprecedented event.

T. S.: The repercussions were incredible.