AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2024-06-03, 13:31   Link #61
Frontier

Holo is depressed, Lawrence has been reduced to practically a beggar on the street...it seems like our pair has reached their darkest hour .

Lawrence can barely bring himself to face Holo again. All he can do is apologize, get swatted by her tail, and leave her what money he did collect, putting his faith in her and, if worse comes to worse, leaving Holo with enough to get by on her own without him .

But Holo wants that as much as that innkeeper wants to keep dealing with this domestic squabble. Holo doesn't want Lawrence to just leave her and put his life on the line without her, she's less upset about what happened so much as her own fault in preventing him from making money. In fact she's most incensed that he feels bad about how he treated her rather than justifiably angry at her. How is that supposed to make Holo feel? She even grabs a chair to attack him with only for it to almost lead to an unfortunate exit out a window if not for Lawrence. This really is their first fight .

Lawrence is good-natured, which means he really took it hard how he treated Holo, but a girl doesn't want to hear him say it's because of his "personality," she wants him to whisper sweet nothings into her hear and tell her it's because she's special to him even if it's a lie (though I don't think it entirely is in this instance). At least Holo let him have a redo to get it right the second time .

It's important for couples to have fights and air out their feelings and put everything on the table so they can be closer and more intimate afterwards. And all the better because now they've reconciled and can work together to get Lawrence out of this mess. And Holo's solution? Crime !

How about smuggling some gold for Remerio? And they just so happen to have someone convenient enough to help them smuggle the gold under the church's watch safely and efficiently, and who wouldn't mind sticking it to the church. And it's not like Remerio has room to negotiate when he's also scrambling with the market crash on the armor. At this point this is a deal for both their sakes .

Nora doesn't seem on the surface like the type to turn to crime or go against the church, even after their treatment of her, but when the possibility of her making enough money to start her tailoring business and live a cushier lifestyle out of the church's thumb and restart somewhere else is dangled in front of her...she can't refuse. The pair have got themselves a shepherd .

And Lawrence, being the good-natured man that he is, still feels bad for roping Nora into this knowing how badly it could end for them if they get caught...but that's what Holo likes about him. And so long as they have each other, that's enough for her, though I'm sure Lawrence will make it so they're all happy by the end of this job !
Old 2024-06-03, 19:10   Link #62
grecefar

it was great that their fight was solved quickly because holo didn't took his lashing badly. She was aware how she affected when he was asking for money and felt bad about it and understood lawrence frustration. Lawrence too felt bad about it and apologized, they got a great moment together.

well, it's safe to assume that the job while difficult it will succeed. I hope for the best so they can rest easy after paying that debt.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-10, 13:33   Link #63
Frontier

It's time to steel your resolve and embark on a new enterprise...a criminal one, in fact. And Lawrence' livelihood isn't the only thing riding on this job going well .

We even get a guest star party member, Martin Liebert from Remerio, who is really in a rush to get this job done but should just let Nora do her job. She really knows what she's doing to the point where even Holo respects her for it. Plus her dog Enek has Holo made which amuses her more than anything else .

Dang it Holo, I know you love messing with Lawrence, but don't go joking about wolf attacks! Although I guess it's nice to see her give Lawrence permission to protect Nora if it comes down to that, not that she loves the idea of him being so attentive and caring towards another girl .

Lawrence and Holo are snuggling up togetehr and Lawrence even gives Holo a lap pillow, and just as he's about to pet her...wolves attack. Thankfully Nora knows how to handle this kind of situation, though...what if they're not just dealing with wolves ?

Holo and Nora finally have a proper conversation! Complete with them talking about men, at Lawrences' expense even. Holo is a wolf partnering up with a rabbit, but she also has some wise words about how to keep your man (or in this case, dog) from straying too far with other girls. Though Nora utterly cherishes Enek, which is sweet .

Hey, the business deal went through successfully and they have a gold! This might actually go well! Until it rains and they get chased by wolves .

Nora can more or less manage the wolves, and Holo is able to use her wolf voice to scare them off as well, but the real problem is that the wolves were never after the sheep...but Holo. Because there's another giant wolf in that forest and he wants to pick a fight against the intruder in his domain .

I guess the only solution is Holo knocking some sense into the young fool who is picking a fight, which means she has to transform into her true form, and all Lawrence can do is hold onto her cloak for her, keep it warm, and make her promise to come back to him. Though if you ask me, Lawrence is plenty handsome enough to kiss, though she probably doesn't want to spoil him .

I'm not worried about Holo winning the fight, but dang it, Remerio and Liebert you pieces of @#$%! You were planning to pull a fast one to keep all the profits from the start! And you have your thugs act all nice and respectful when they're beating up Lawrence and leaving him for dead and plan to outright kill Nora! Can Holo turn these fools into wolf chow? Poor Lawrence though .
Old 2024-06-10, 14:11   Link #64
scififan

Lawrence will learn his lesson by trading with a shady company. Holo already caught the merchant who cheated Lawrence on the weighing scale. Lawrence still borrows money from that merchant to buy armor for resale. That merchant already knew the armor market is not good, so he sold Lawrence' debt to this shady company. Lawrence had no choice but negotiate with the shady company. It seems they have the good business relationship, until the henchmen show up to silence Lawrence and Nora.

Meanwhile, Holo is negotiating with a giant wolf. The giant wolf appears not related to her. She has no interest to have a friendly chat, since her goal is to reunite with her siblings.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-10, 23:09   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I did get a good smile from moments in this episode. Liked Holo making those regular wolves back the heck off. They aren't in her league and picking that fight won't end well for them! But I also liked her maturity in standing up against that younger wolf. He's full of cheap pride and arrogance. No respect for his elders . Whether she can make him back off remains to be seen.

It was nice to see Holo and Lawrence spend a bit more time with Nora. She's a good girl, but she's not an idiot. She knows this is her last job. If it works she's leaving town ASAP. If it doesn't work out...her career is over for various reasons. It's all or nothing for her too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Lawrence will learn his lesson by trading with a shady company. Holo already caught the merchant who cheated Lawrence on the weighing scale. Lawrence still borrows money from that merchant to buy armor for resale. That merchant already knew the armor market is not good, so he sold Lawrence' debt to this shady company. Lawrence had no choice but negotiate with the shady company. It seems they have the good business relationship, until the henchmen show up to silence Lawrence and Nora.

Meanwhile, Holo is negotiating with a giant wolf. The giant wolf appears not related to her. She has no interest to have a friendly chat, since her goal is to reunite with her siblings.
I think the only lesson Lawrence has to learn here is to avoid being too greedy. That was his biggest error and what got him into this mess. The one guy Lawrence dealt with was shady, but it didn't mean his entire company was. Plus that guy didn't play Lawrence so much as Lawrence played himself. Lawrence had total advantage in that negotiation after finding out the trick. Wouldn't have gotten a better value for his pepper anywhere compared to a situation like that. He just picked a bad product to trade for. Amazingly the other guy didn't even suggest armor, he just didn't stop Lawrence from running over a cliff.

But after that mistake his options were limited. Remerio could have him hauled away so to make the gold plan work out he needed time. And only a company so dubious like that one would take a gamble on something like gold smuggling that could ruin a company if it went badly.

With Holo it's a much simpler situation. She's dealing with an arrogant youngster that is clearly pissed at a wolf of Holo's level is passing through HIS woods. Probably turned into that giant wolf relatively recently and is drunk on his power and authority over the smaller wolves around him. A young brat that has no respect for his elders. Could be a messy fight though. That wolf may be young but, youth presents its own dangers.
Old 2024-06-12, 19:24   Link #66
grecefar

I'm starting to dislike this. I hope the pay off will be worth it and I don't mean the money.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote