AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-25, 13:08   Link #1
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

[Manga] Naruto's parents thoughts... *OMEGA SPOILERS*

Well for you manga readers out there, Naruto's parents has finally been revealed, Mother; Uzumaki Kushina, from the whirlpool country, and Father; Namikaze Minato the fourth Hokage.

I guess everyones crazy idea of naruto being yondaime's son was right after all huh? all that's left is what does Kushina look like? and what happened to her? They need a yondaime gaiden!!!!! What's everyones thought on this developement?

Btw, I'm new, so nice to meet ya!!!! I've been a lurker for awhile though
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 13:20   Link #2
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Considering the fact that Pein looks like an older Naruto and this revelation about Naruto's parentage was unveiled so far into the series (with an emphasis on physical appearance) I think there is a connection between Naruto and Pein.

The theory that Naruto was Yondaime's son was never farfetched to me. The Akatsuki leader being Yondaime on the other hand was.

All we know about Kushina's appearance is that she was a beautiful red-head.

Pein's hair is orange and anyone who knows their colors knows that red and yellow makes orange so I would not be surprised if Naruto, like Sasuke, has an evil brother (i.e. Uzumaki Pein ).

If my theory is true then Jiraiya may likely be the one to explain Yondaime's background and Naruto's family.
Old 2007-08-25, 13:27   Link #3
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Haha, that would be so cliche with Pein was Naruto's brother... I would be very disappointed.
Old 2007-08-25, 13:30   Link #4
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Haha, that would be so cliche with Pein was Naruto's brother... I would be very disappointed.
Kishi has no way out anyways. Pein can not be not related to Naruto anymore with his Naruto clone look.
Either he is related to Naruto and it will be the evil relative cliche, or he is not and his design will be ridiculous.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 13:36   Link #5
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Naruto was an orphan who always wanted a family and looks at his friends and mentors as substitutes.

So while the "evil sibling" thing is cliche it would make for a great plot device for Naruto's only surviving relative to be one of the most powerful villains in the series.

Naruto will learn about his parentage and come to terms with having to defeat his own brother (the new Akatsuki assigned to capture him) and in the process likely tell him what "true family" is.

Pein being a fellow son of the 4th Hokage would explain why he is so strong that he is the leader of Akatsuki (despite apparently being Tobi's puppet).
Old 2007-08-25, 13:42   Link #6
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm going have to assume that Naruto is an only child. And Kushina got pregnant out of wedlock, unexpectedly if I might add. When all else was failing against the kyuubi, Minato and Kushina, both decided to give up their lives to save all that was precious to them, the leaf village and of course the life of their newly born son.
Old 2007-08-25, 13:54   Link #7
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
I'm going have to assume that Naruto is an only child. And Kushina got pregnant out of wedlock, unexpectedly if I might add. When all else was failing against the kyuubi, Minato and Kushina, both decided to give up their lives to save all that was precious to them, the leaf village and of course the life of their newly born son.
That makes for a good cliche story but suppose Naruto was not the only child?

Who's to say how long their love affair lasted and how many kids they could have had?

We don't know Pein's age but I don't think he is any older than Kakashi, he may even be only as old as Itachi who has always been drawn alot older than his listed age in my opinion.

Pein could have been orphaned just as Naruto was. Brothers of the same parentage living in different villages.

Pein being a former member of the Hidden Rain and Naruto's mother being from a different Ninja village do make the long lost brother connection plausible.

Either that or Pein's character design is pointless and Kishi has a track record for significant character designs.
Old 2007-08-25, 14:01   Link #8
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If pein was his brother, than why would Minato and Kushina abandon their son in the mist village? if they did, then they wouldve been horrible parents unworthy of praise.

Edit: I think the love between Minato and Kushina was a cliche one, Where it was simply a love between a young man and women. I mean I think its safe to assume that Pein is farily old, somewhere in his late 20's-30's. And Minato died in his early - mid 20's, so that means that Pein would've been conceded while Minato and Kushina were like 15. woo, teenager gets knocked up and dump their child in the woods, lol.
Old 2007-08-25, 14:04   Link #9
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

lol. I'm surprise no one cared enough about this topic to have made this along time ago >_>.

Who cares abou the name of his parents, that's really irrelevant as of now.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 14:05   Link #10
ranchan13

Quote:
If pein was his brother, than why would Minato and Kushina abandon their son in the mist village? if they did, then they wouldve been horrible parents unworthy of praise.
Kushina may have fled to the Rain country when Whirlpool was destroyed, or disbanded, or conquered and raised her son there. She may have then left her second child with his father to raise in Konoha.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 14:07   Link #11
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Kushina may have fled to the Rain country when Whirlpool was destroyed, or disbanded, or conquered and raised her son there. She may have then left her second child with his father to raise in Konoha.
Naruto was born in Leaf, and his mom died at birth so....
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 14:09   Link #12
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Naruto was born in Leaf, and his mom died at birth so....
If that's the case, then she came to the Leaf to birth her son so that the 4th could be present, afterall, villages generally do not allow the Hokage to leave the village.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 14:12   Link #13
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

From the way Jiraiya and Tsunade talk about Kushina, she more than likely was a refugee from the Whirlpool at a very young age and was trained as a shinobi in the leaf village, considering that they watch her grow up from a little kid to being the lover of Minato. So I think the whole speculation of her having a child as a teenager and ditching it at the sign of trouble is way too far'fetched for me to believe.
Old 2007-08-25, 15:08   Link #14
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

i think that pein is naruto's uncle:

Unknown + Unknown
\/
Pein
Minato + Kushina
\/
Naruto

if that didn't make sense: 2 people hav minato and pein, pein stays in the village while minato abandons the village in favor of konoha with his newly wedded wife: kushina, and they hav naruto
i kno a bunch of u will say the 4th isn't like that, we don't really kno anything much about him yet
Vizard.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 15:16   Link #15
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiasengan View Post
if that didn't make sense: 2 people hav minato and pein, pein stays in the village while minato abandons the village in favor of konoha with his newly wedded wife: kushina, and they hav naruto
i kno a bunch of u will say the 4th isn't like that, we don't really kno anything much about him yet
Minato is a Konoha ninja and has been since childhood (Jiraiya was his sensei).

So I don't think he abandoned a village for Konoha.

It is more likely that Minato and Kushina had two kids out of wedlock. Upon Kyuubi's attack one was a young boy (Pein) and one was a newborn (Naruto).

I don't think Pein is Minato's brother because Minato's parentage is not important to the story, therefore neither are his would be siblings.

Naruto's parentage is what has been addressed and Naruto's possible siblings are who would be important to the current arc.

So I'm going with the theory that Pein is another son of Yondaime, the brother of Naruto, raised by their mother (until her untimely death) and grew up in the Hidden Rain village.
Old 2007-08-25, 15:41   Link #16
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Minato is a Konoha ninja and has been since childhood (Jiraiya was his sensei).

So I don't think he abandoned a village for Konoha.

It is more likely that Minato and Kushina had two kids out of wedlock. Upon Kyuubi's attack one was a young boy (Pein) and one was a newborn (Naruto).

I don't think Pein is Minato's brother because Minato's parentage is not important to the story, therefore neither are his would be siblings.

Naruto's parentage is what has been addressed and Naruto's possible siblings are who would be important to the current arc.

So I'm going with the theory that Pein is another son of Yondaime, the brother of Naruto, raised by their mother (until her untimely death) and grew up in the Hidden Rain village.

ill go with that too...the similarities between them is 1 clue and his hair color is the miz of red and yellow. these are not facts but better theory from the other lame things.

and the story flow seems to go like that.

but the problem is that wouldnt jira and tsunade would know about this older brother?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 15:52   Link #17
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
but the problem is that wouldnt jira and tsunade would know about this older brother?
That is a good question. They obviously knew Kushina well so perhaps they thought he was dead, or perhaps they simply lost touch with the Hidden Rain.

Kishimoto would not bring up Naruto's parentage like this unless it was relevant to the current arc so I think we will find the answers to all of these questions soon.
Old 2007-08-25, 16:24   Link #18
Zek
Eyebrows...

The ages just don't really work out. Pein must be at least a couple years older than Naruto, minimum, and Yondaime was pretty young when Naruto was conceived. I don't think Kishimoto would write teen pregnancy into the story. I think Pein is Kushina's younger brother, aka Uzumaki Pein, Naruto's uncle. Maybe he'll have a grudge against Naruto for killing his mom in childbirth or something corny like that, lol - Yashamaru redux.

My question is about what was always the biggest issue with this theory - why doesn't anyone acknowledge Naruto's lineage? Did Minato really have a secret love child that no one knew about? Pretty scandalous for a hokage. No one ever figured it out despite the obvious resemblance? Tsunade and Jiraiya both knew he was the 4th's son, but they never told him? What's the deal? This really needs explaining but I suspect it never will be.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 16:36   Link #19
_Astaroth_
Genin

Well, if i'm not in error jiraya said thar Uzumaki Kushina was just like one of the boys
And if i'm not in error again that means naruto has really a brother and if that's true is problably that his brother is Pain because of the hair style and the hair color =\
_Astaroth_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 16:52   Link #20
UPR

I believe Pein is nothing of Naruto's just a enemy. I think they made him (Pein) look like Naruto to mess with us and spur on debates like this. But that's just me I could be wrong, but i won't believe it until im proven otherwise. We already have brother against brother, it would be kind of boring to have it again.