AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 12:52   Link #1
FireChick

International dubs of anime?

I'm not sure if there's a topic like this around. If there is, feel free to delete it. Does anyone here have any favorite international dubs of anime? I don't mean ONLY English, but other languages, like Spanish, German, Italian, Latin-American, Polish, etc. English isn't the only language anime get dubbed in. I started discovering certain anime in other languages. While some dubs are laughably bad, I found some really really REALLY excellent foreign dubs of anime. Examples include: the German dub of Vision of Escaflowne, the Latin-American Spanish dub of the first season of Digimon, the 2nd Italian dub of Dog of Flanders: My Patrasche (the Japanese version seems to have gone up in smoke), and the Polish dub of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Yes, you're allowed to talk about foreign dubs of western cartoons as well. Admittedly, I tried watching anime dubs that people consider to be absolutely godly, like the Latino dubs of Card Captor Sakura and Sailor Moon and the German dub of Digimon. Unfortunately, I don't share the same sentiments as them (Kero in Latino sounds like a low pitched Fisheye, and some of the voices in the German Digimon dub are plain WEIRD). I'm trying to find Latino dubs of Sailor Moon, but the videos I found are really bad quality. I'd love to show clips of said examples, but I heard it's against the rules to post YouTube links here. So what are your favorite international (NOT English, not that all English dubbed anime are bad) dubs of anime or western cartoons?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 16:22   Link #2
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Even if I listened to dubs, I won't be able to understand. In that case, the Chinese dub for Cooking Master boy.
Old 2013-05-17, 16:50   Link #3
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The English dub for the Transformers: Headmasters and Super Masterforce are notoriously bad.

But subtitles aren't always good either. The subtitles on Galaxy Express 999 Eternal Fantasy is really bad. Lots of messed up pronouns and really off use of proper names. Espcially when a location name is already in English and then changed to something else that means the same thing.

Some other film had subtitles for the ending song...that was sung in English, and the subtitles didn't match what she was singing. It matched more or less the meaning of the words she was saying, but not aways the meaning of what she was saying.
Old 2013-05-17, 19:50   Link #4
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

My friend showed me Ranma and Dragon Ball in Latino Dub. Since I haven't really seen the either of them in English Dub, I can't comment on it other than saying it was good. Even though I didn't really understand it fully but I got a sense of what the characters were saying.