Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-08, 12:36   Link #1
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Send a message via ICQ to sopel Send a message via MSN to sopel
Any Good Love/Comedy or Action anime out there besides...

I have watched these:
Da Capo
Onegai Twins/Teacher
Chobits
I's
Ai Yori Aoshi
Love Hina
D.N.Angel
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Muburaho

Are there any decent anime similar to the nature of these^^, I dunno its hard to describe wut im looking for but that list should give u some idea, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sopel; 2004-01-08 at 12:47.
Old 2004-01-08, 14:26   Link #2
pantsu
station!!

try:

boys be
Ajimu Kaigan Monogatari

(Kasumin)
Old 2004-01-08, 17:00   Link #3
u&t

Fruits basket is a pretty obvious miss in that list
Kanon in you're up to some sappy stuff
Princess Tutu because it's just so damn good

Haven't had time to see Kare Kano yet but I guess it should suit you.
Old 2004-01-08, 17:20   Link #4
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopel
I have watched these:
Da Capo
Onegai Twins/Teacher
Chobits
I's
Ai Yori Aoshi
Love Hina
D.N.Angel
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Muburaho

Are there any decent anime similar to the nature of these^^, I dunno its hard to describe wut im looking for but that list should give u some idea, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in advance
I like pretty much the same anime as you do, and so I would recommend Steel Angel Kurumi, its one of my favorite anime with love, comedy, and action.
Old 2004-01-08, 17:44   Link #5
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Thanks for all your advice ladies & gents.

Quote:
Fruits basket is a pretty obvious miss in that list
Yeah I was looking through my Anime Invasion magazine and came across it, I guess that caught my eye so Im going to have to find it. My friend said that another good one is His & Her Circumstances, so for now ill try those^^. And ill have to look into Steel Angel Kurumi because I never heard of it.

BTW anyone know the Bittorrent links where I can find Fruits Basket and His & Her Circumstances?

Thanks Again
Old 2004-01-08, 18:01   Link #6
Ulayo

Send a message via ICQ to Ulayo
Quote:
BTW anyone know the Bittorrent links where I can find Fruits Basket and His & Her Circumstances?
Both are licenced, so you wont get any links from here.

Another show to add to the list: Mahoromatic (also licenced, though).
It's a good romance comedy with a bit of action, drama (and some ecchi). If you liked Love Hina, Chobits and Onegai Teacher you'll probably like this one too.
Old 2004-01-08, 18:12   Link #7
Nemrac

Send a message via ICQ to Nemrac Send a message via MSN to Nemrac
Quote:

Thanks Again

Yeah, you should watch Fruits basket and Karekano (which is his & her circumstances)

If you like tearjerkers and big huge romantic love scenes, I recommend Fushigi Yuugi.

This anime have brought me to tears numerous times.

Also, go and look for Ranma 1/2, one of my fav. It's a bit old but it's just hilarious.
it's just so funny. (comedy with some romance in between)

ummmmmmmm.
That's all I could think of right now of that nature
Old 2004-01-12, 13:25   Link #8
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Quote:
Karekano (which is his & her circumstances)
Thanks I didn't know it was called Kare Kano, its no wonder I couldnt find anything about the anime.

Thanks Sopel
Old 2004-01-12, 15:00   Link #9
Onegai

I'd like to add these two to the suggestions above.

Full Moon wo Sagashite
Narue no Sekai
Old 2004-01-12, 15:03   Link #10
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
yes.. fruit basket is HIGHLY recommended. Me being a guy, I was a bit skeptical and afraid of watching this.. It's called FRUIT BASKET for crying out loud... but after the first 2 episodes, i was hooked. It has to do w/ the chinese zodia (japanese version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemrac
Yeah, you should watch Fruits basket and Karekano (which is his & her circumstances)

If you like tearjerkers and big huge romantic love scenes, I recommend Fushigi Yuugi.

This anime have brought me to tears numerous times.

Also, go and look for Ranma 1/2, one of my fav. It's a bit old but it's just hilarious.
it's just so funny. (comedy with some romance in between)

ummmmmmmm.
That's all I could think of right now of that nature
Old 2004-01-12, 17:03   Link #11
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Ah/Oh My Goddess, the tale of and avarage collage student who gets a visit from a goddess who will grant him one wish, what did he wish for? The she´s stay with him forever.
Old 2004-01-12, 17:44   Link #12
u&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
It has to do w/ the chinese zodia (japanese version).
No DAMMIT! It's about being a riceball in a world of fruits, meeting other riceballs and search for happiness
Old 2004-01-12, 20:15   Link #13
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Quote:
Ah/Oh My Goddess, the tale of and avarage collage student who
I see sounds promising, I heard of it, ill try this one too^^

~~~Sopel
Old 2004-01-12, 20:50   Link #14
Shift_

I've been searching everywhere for funny/romantic/drama series.

I think I've seen the majority of them.

The ones that REALLY stand out (they may be any combination of the three I've listed and more)

Nadesico (DON'T watch the movie, unless if you have access to the Saturn game and the Dreamcast game, because the games take place between the series and the movie, and after the movie)
Fushigi Yuugi (and OVAs)
Love Hina
Dna^2
DN Angel
K. Orange Road (and it's movies)
Maison Ikkokou
Da Capo
Kanon
Ajimaru Beach Story
Ah! My Goddess (and the movie)
El Hazard OVA 1
El Hazard TV 1
The onegai Series
KimiNozo
And others...

(there are a bunch more, but I'm sick, and can't really think of any others I've seen)

All those listed above. Out of all the other ones that have been listed I've seen everyone but Ranma 1/2.

It's getting harder and harder to find *good* romance anime that I *haven't* seen yet.
Old 2004-01-13, 10:13   Link #15
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
lol.. yes yes.. you're right. but c'mon.. u can't use that hook to attract people to watch this anime... can u?... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
No DAMMIT! It's about being a riceball in a world of fruits, meeting other riceballs and search for happiness
Old 2004-01-14, 13:10   Link #16
sopel
Rei Ayanami

nm, just removed somethign here, sry

Last edited by sopel; 2004-01-14 at 17:01.
Old 2004-01-14, 19:29   Link #17
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Kimagure Orange Road is the best example of what you are looking for. The anime is licensed but the manga is still being fansubbed by Manga Project.

More shounen romance (roughly descending order of preference):

To Heart (torrents are available) ^_^ a favorite
Yawara! (torrents) ^_^ awesome
Iketeru Futari (torrents) (semi-H comedy)
Blue Seed (horror/action w/strong romance thread) ^_^ Megumi
Videogirl Ai ^_^ Megumi
Yume de Aetera TV/OAV (TV is better I think)
Never On Sunday OAV
Miyuki (torrents)
Mizuiro 2003 (torrents)
Refrain Blue OAV
Memories Off OAV
O-N-E OAV (torrents)
Mamotte Shugogetten TV/OAV (torrents) kind of weak
First Kiss Story (torrents) weak, too short

Well, that's about 16 series if you count OAVs as separate. You can even find torrents for most of them at AnimeSuki. I hope this helps out some of the other shounen romance fans.

With stuff like Kare Kano and Fruits Basket you are veering off into shoujo anime, which is a bit different from what's on your list. (The rule of thumb here is whether a girl is the main character AND has any real choice of boys...)

Marmalade Boy is a good shoujo series. Hana Yori Dango is another; it's licensed as "Boys Before Flowers." Miracle Girls is pretty good also and there is a torrent available for the first ep (so far).
Old 2004-01-15, 23:53   Link #18
sopel
Rei Ayanami

Quote:
To Heart (torrents are available) ^_^ a favorite
Yawara! (torrents) ^_^ awesome
Iketeru Futari (torrents) (semi-H comedy)
Blue Seed (horror/action w/strong romance thread) ^_^ Megumi
Videogirl Ai ^_^ Megumi
Yume de Aetera TV/OAV (TV is better I think)
Never On Sunday OAV
Miyuki (torrents)
Mizuiro 2003 (torrents)
Refrain Blue OAV
Memories Off OAV
O-N-E OAV (torrents)
Mamotte Shugogetten TV/OAV (torrents) kind of weak
First Kiss Story (torrents) weak, too short
Wow...I'mm a pretty huge anime fan but I never heard of any of these except Iketeru Futari (semi-H comedy), also you mention Marmalade Boy , I heard thats an alrite anime also.

Well so far after posting this thread I watched the whole series of KareKano (His/Her Circumstances), I loved it by the way. Is it only 26 episodes??? Is there a continuation of it??? It leaves so many unaswered questions, also what happens to Sakura and Tohome??? The anime just leaves you thinking about too many things, someone please help

I also just got the whole series of Mahoromatic S1/S2 and Steel Angel Kuru. Ganna start watching those today =D,

Last edited by sopel; 2004-01-16 at 02:35.
Old 2004-01-16, 04:22   Link #19
Zoya
Dazed and Confused

[QUOTE=sopel]Well so far after posting this thread I watched the whole series of KareKano (His/Her Circumstances), I loved it by the way. Is it only 26 episodes??? Is there a continuation of it??? [QUOTE]

Yes, there is continuation of Kare Kano. It is based on an ongoing manga. I don't follow tha manga, though if I remember correctly, it is licensed and is being published by Tokyo Pop
Old 2004-01-16, 12:28   Link #20
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Wow...I'mm a pretty huge anime fan but I never heard of any of these except Iketeru Futari (semi-H comedy), also you mention Marmalade Boy , I heard thats an alrite anime also.
Well I listed stuff that had escaped mention in the thread. And most of these titles are at least few years old, a lot of people don't go back that far. Marmalade Boy is long as hell (76 eps!) - it kind of sags in the middle, like all long series. But pretty much everyone in the cast gets hooked up in a relationship, so there's a lot to see. It was licensed sometime last year.
Quote:
Well so far after posting this thread I watched the whole series of KareKano (His/Her Circumstances), I loved it by the way. Is it only 26 episodes??? Is there a continuation of it??? It leaves so many unaswered questions, also what happens to Sakura and Tohome??? The anime just leaves you thinking about too many things, someone please help
Hehehe, it looks like the recommendations you got for Kare Kano didn't include the caveat about the jillions of recaps and the episode with the popsicle sticks (which I really enjoy) and the hangover of the last episode. I am glad to see that you enjoyed it anyway.

The story of Kare Kano is that it is Anno Hideaki's last anime series (he's the one who thought of doing Ebichu, but he didn't direct it; he has been doing live-action films since then). He got into a dispute with the producers and quit the show around ep. 14. If you noticed, that's where things get loose around the edges and you start seeing a lot of recaps. I kind of like the end of the series; it just seemed like how life is, there are always people out there getting to know each other and finding their own way to get along.

The manga is still running. It is licensed (http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?p...tegorycode=BMG); vol. 9 tells the rest of the saga of Takefumi x Sakura (you also get to see the the play!).

I am sure/I fervently hope that GAINAX is not going back to Kare Kano; they are too busy cranking out EVA strip typing games and stuff like Mahoromatic, which I dislike (although plenty of people liked it just fine).
Closed Thread