Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-06, 18:32   Link #1
libba
nepenthes rajah

Question outlaw girl and bratty prince)) see post for better explanation plz

Me again. I just can't get this idea out of my head.

Imagine two characters: a headstrong, hot-headed, kickass girl, somewhat down to earth, too, powerful, maybe an actual fighter - and an aristocratic type of boy, aloof, dignified, cool, smart, not used to getting his hands dirty, yet somewhat bad-tempered.

The "princess and highwayman' stereotype turned on its head.

I think Lelouch & Karen in Code Geass were kind of like this: the 'chess king' Lelouch (and a real prince too) and Karen, a rebel and an ace pilot and a girl with a mean right hook. Or if, say, Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji met Lina Inverse from Slayers.

I'd love to see such character interaction in anime. Any kind of anime, since the request is so specific.
Old 2009-04-06, 19:32   Link #2
mit7059

Maybe Black Lagoon? Not the exact situation but the temperaments seem about right.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2009-04-07, 01:36   Link #3
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Dude Black Lagoon is what you want.
Old 2009-04-07, 04:32   Link #4
Exar Kun
The Abyssal Sith Lord

Just of the top of my head:

- Seirei no Moribito - spear wielding warrior woman takes on a job to protect a kid prince (though it's hard to call her badass and him bratty
- Claymore - a human boy acompanies a female warrior (half-human half-youma)
- Fate/Stay Night - a female warrior fights as a young boy's servant in a war for the holly grail between legendary heroes
- Shakugan no Shana - a boy gets involved in a fight between solu eating demons and their exterminators, one of which is a girl called Shana

And of course Black Lagoon as mentioned before.
Old 2009-04-07, 05:23   Link #5
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Seirei no Moribito. I don't know what Exar means; Balsa is as badass as they come. She is a beast of combat and has all the survivorwoman skillz.

Claymore too is a good example for chick being total badass and guy being puny wimp.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:21   Link #6
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

El Hazard could somehow fit your description. The main character isn't really a prince, but he will be forced to take the role of a... princess... ^^;
He is totally inept at fighting but he will be surrounded by a lot of powerful girls who are both priestess and fighters.

Old 2009-04-07, 12:46   Link #7
libba
nepenthes rajah

Thanks for the suggestions!
I was going to watch Black Lagoon for quite some time, finally will be getting it.
Watched Claymore last year, liked everything but the ending. Watching Shakugan no Shana right now, think I'm in love with Shana.

Deus ex Digital Boy,
I meant not really a wimp but sort of a spoiled rich boy. Not without a back bone - just not used to getting down and dirty.

By the way, how about Pandora Hearts? It sounds kind of like that, too.
Old 2009-04-07, 23:26   Link #8
Shadow Kira01

This is very rare...

Gintama?

I guess this doesn't fit with the term "outlaw girl" or "bratty prince" because... Read this. However, it does fit your description:

TOKKO
Old 2009-04-09, 13:42   Link #9
cerrian

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode and Yozakura Quartet fit the pattern as well. Both have very aggressive female protagonists supported by male characters who aren't so used to getting into the thick of things. A natural extension from Yozakura Quartet is Rental Magic. The females are much more experienced, aggressive, and are use to being on the front lines while the main male character is the weaker of the party in terms of both skills, maturity, and experience.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:58   Link #10
nomuni
Animal Gangster

Zero no Tsukaima fits your description exactly except that the roles are reversed. The chick is a bratty aristocrat while the guy is kinda like an outlaw. It was pretty decent.
Closed Thread