Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2010-01-09, 00:38   Link #1
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

No Audio Playback with MPlayer in KUbuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have recently installed KUbuntu 9.10 64-bit on my Macbook Pro via Bootcamp and I have installed SMPlayer frontend. However, when I play any video file, no sound comes out of it. I tried alsa, oss, and pulse and no sound seems to come out.

Not to mention, audio does not work with Adobe Flash either. The sound work with all the other programs except the ones mentioned.

The computer specs is a Macbook Pro Late 2006 model with a Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33 GHz, ATi Radeon X1600 using OSS drivers, 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate drive and 3 GB of RAM with all the latest updates installed in KUbuntu and also all the proprietary plugins.
Old 2010-01-09, 10:02   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What audio card does this have? Motherboard Intel audio? A dedicated card?

In Kubuntu, go to System Settings > Multimedia and examine the various audio driver choices. Do any of them produce the test sound? On this PC with Intel audio, I get sound from the analog driver and not from digital or PulseAudio drivers. (The latter actually pops up a warning box that it's falling back to Intel analog.)

Another possibility is that the volume controls are set wrong. (I've encountered this one myself.) Bring up the mixer app by clicking on the speaker icon in the panel then clicking the Mixer button. Make sure the volume is set to the top on all the different inputs. As I recall I had an installation where the PCM channel was set to zero by default.
Old 2010-01-09, 12:11   Link #3
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

All Macbook Pros seem to come with Intel Audio. It appears to be a STAC92xx sound card.

I adjusted the PCM volume and Flash audio works, but still no sound comes out of MPlayer.

Edit: I got it to work... Changed the sound to alsa and sound is coming out.