AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 21:23   Link #1
Puddingman

S.A.V.E Edition Anime

Hey hey all I have a quick question about purchasing anime, I believe this is the right spot.

I'm interested in buying a S.A.V.E. edition of anime but I'm wondering if the packaging is any different than the original anime. The low price is awesome, but I'd like not to have the S.A.V.E. logo obscure anything on the box art. In other words, I'm hoping it doesn't add a "Greatest Hits" logo on the side, like they did for PS1 games.

Has anyone bought a S.A.V.E edition and knows exactly how it looks?

Also, are there any negatives to buying this edition?

Last edited by Puddingman; 2011-10-21 at 21:24. Reason: edit for better clarification
Puddingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 21:28   Link #2
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well I got a few saves well the box dose say save on it but other then that you get about 7eps on a disc with 4 disc
Old 2011-10-23, 01:08   Link #3
Echoes

I got the Welcome to the NHK complete series and the Air movie in the S.A.V.E edition.

They look a little bad when you put them on your shelf because of the huge "S.A.V.E" logo on the side of the DVD, and the shade of green they use is not particularly pleasant to the eye. The green part also covers a small, maybe 10%, of the front cover. It's the bare-bones treatment, and I wouldn't want all of my collection to be like this, but they were both pretty cheap, so I'm happy with a couple. I don't generally have a lot of money to spend on anime (or anything, really), so just make a decision based on how good your financial situation is.

You're not getting the premium stuff with S.A.V.E, but you are getting a functional copy for a fairly low price.
Old 2011-10-23, 01:30   Link #4
TJR

The S.A.V.E. logo is typically part of the box art. However, I have a couple sets where they merely stuck a S.A.V.E. sticker on the shrink wrap (probably old stock that they needed to clear first).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 01:36   Link #5
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Is the video reencoded/compressed further from the original releases? Is the quality reduced in order to fit more episodes on the disc?
Old 2011-10-23, 08:20   Link #6
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
The S.A.V.E. logo is typically part of the box art. However, I have a couple sets where they merely stuck a S.A.V.E. sticker on the shrink wrap (probably old stock that they needed to clear first).
Some of the earlier sets were just re-branded from the viridian collection versions (although the kanon S.A.V.E edition wasn't) with stickers on the wrapping so even the current S.A.V.E editions would still just be re-packaged viridian collection versions with new packaging.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 11:20   Link #7
Puddingman

Sounds like it would be impossible to tell over the internet which one is gonna have the logo on the box or the wrap.

Thanks everyone for all your contributions. I'm thinking about finding my anime on amazon from a 3rd party seller now, those tend to be cheaper.
Old 2011-10-23, 16:18   Link #8
Kirarakim

I only have the one for Big Windup. Instead of it being a sticker the cover was reversible; except the reversible cover doesn't have the title on the spine & I don't like that (although it's better than the ugly SAVE logo).
Old 2011-10-24, 08:29   Link #9
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddingman View Post
Sounds like it would be impossible to tell over the internet which one is gonna have the logo on the box or the wrap.

Thanks everyone for all your contributions. I'm thinking about finding my anime on amazon from a 3rd party seller now, those tend to be cheaper.
You should be careful since those cheaper sets from third party sellers tend to be bootlegs.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote