Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-02, 16:38   Link #321
Shadow_Scythe
Piercer of Heavens

Send a message via MSN to Shadow_Scythe
The animation was what got me hooked in the first place, not the story or the dubbing cos I started watching it in german when I was flicking through random channels on my digital box looking for CN, so I had no idea what was going on (heck I even called it One Pieg for a while).

Now the reasons why I Stuck with it when I found out about subs was because of the story, I found it compelling how each crew member had a reason to be there, each one has a specific role in the crew as well as have their own ambitions and of course Luffy.

That git is unbeleivable.

For a guy made out of rubber I find him more interesting than Ichigo and Naruto because he doesn't gain immense power so easily, I mean Ichigo and Naruto stepped up their powers amazingly quick, especially Ichigo, becoming captain level in a couple of days is crazy and Naruto with his uber cheat using kage bunshin no juutsu to learn everything at once (however his is somewhat more tolerable as he has had a lot of training beforehand) Luffy has been strong the whole time but only now in the Enies Lobby arc does he get a proper "power up" and it makes it more special cos it makes you feel like he's been saving this one for quite a while addign to the whole epic feel of the power up.

But what also pulls me towards one piece is the relationship between the crew members, they seem like a family and are willing to give their lives for their nakama and not just one person but each and every member would die for each other. This sense of closeness makes it more dramatic especially when one is in trouble, The Water7 and enies lobby arc for example with Robin being taken away.

The same could be said for bleach and Naruto with the whole sasuke and Rukia/Inoue events but IMO One Piece pulls it off so much better.

Also PIRATES RULE
Old 2007-09-02, 21:35   Link #322
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

First I watched Naruto, and thought hhm not bad

Then I seen Bleach and thought hey this is alot better

Now just recently I started watching OP and......just wow, its so much better than the others on so many levels.

I'm still a fan of Bleach but I've given up on Naruto. OP I think is just amazing, action is great, comedy is great, the emotional parts are tearful, I like the art style, and as for creative worlds OP is just amazing. This show now rates in my top 3 fav anime.
Between OP and Naruto there are some similar aspects like main character's 'dreams' and 'die for the sake of nakama' but for me OP pulls these off alot better than Naruto.

Like Shadow_Scythe says Luffy is alot more interesting that Ichigo and Naruto. Luffy's "power up" is something that he thought of himself, unlike the others which are more or less some godly power hidden within, which I've seen enough of.
Old 2007-09-02, 22:37   Link #323
Hiking_Bear

I just caught up with the Bleach anime (although I skipped the Bountou Arc). I like the characters and think that the comedy in Bleach is better than Naruto's comedy. However, it lacks the really emotional moments like Naruto and OP have. The flashback about Ichigo's mom was probably the saddest part in Bleach, but even that didn't move me to tears. Naruto episode 15 and OP's Arlong Park storyline, on the other hand, had me crying like a baby. Naruto fillers almost ruined that series, but I think they're back on track now and it's getting interesting again. And the OP storyline just keeps getting better and better. So, my preference right now is OP > Naruto > Bleach > Claymore.
Old 2007-09-12, 14:30   Link #324
Onepiece34
Straw Hat Pirate

Mostly because of the crap English dub and because they 'assume' it is for kids, so therefore teenagers and other anime fans will lose interest. Still, it's going strong!
Old 2007-09-17, 19:25   Link #325
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
most of you guys has already stated the best points of one piece so there really is no point in me repeating it.

me personally, i love One Piece because of how it can move you to tears....i really wanted to cry when going merry had to go and the same goes for when each of luffy's crew agreed to be his nakama.....and most of them were in tears.
Old 2007-09-18, 11:06   Link #326
Ashez

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFlipGuy View Post
most of you guys has already stated the best points of one piece so there really is no point in me repeating it.

me personally, i love One Piece because of how it can move you to tears....i really wanted to cry when going merry had to go and the same goes for when each of luffy's crew agreed to be his nakama.....and most of them were in tears.
second that!
Old 2007-09-19, 12:22   Link #327
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Their all good Manga's/Anime's. I don't think one is more popular than the other, mostly everybody looks at them.
Old 2007-09-20, 18:59   Link #328
gray-sno-bunny

Send a message via AIM to gray-sno-bunny
The reason One Piece is probably less watched than Naruto and Bleach is well one, Naruto is one of the most commercialized animes out there. In probably as one of the newest anime it already struck up as the most popular one yet. It is always advertised on T.V. for the marathons, new episodes etc. Plus maybe most people have a thing for ninjas rather than pirates. It's just my presumption.

I am not really a fan of Bleach because I don't read it that often, but as an Adult Swim show it is probably portrayed as a more popular show for older teens. While Naruto can be for older teens and younger ones. One piece is based around the younger teens who aren't as attached to the show as they are to Naruto.

One Piece is more rather you either love it or just don't like it. I personally think it's alright but would much rather watch Naruto or Bleach.

But if it was up to me...I would choose Inuyasha.
Old 2007-09-20, 19:22   Link #329
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray-sno-bunny View Post
But if it was up to me...I would choose Inuyasha.
LOL, nothin wrong with that, I watch Inuyasha.
Old 2007-09-20, 19:29   Link #330
Aznbanana

I hate Inuyasha lol...AFter 150+ eps. I just had to quit.

I guess not many people like pirates unlike ninjas
Old 2007-09-20, 20:05   Link #331
Phenomenal
Banned

I like all the Anime/Manga out there right now. Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and Inuyasha!
Old 2007-09-21, 15:38   Link #332
Fyria

Reason why One piece is not so popular is quite clear to me...

It's because that arrogant and brutal raping of For Kids Dubs (or anydubs whatsoever) Voice actors are hideous beoynd belief and editing is brutal. One piece is originally made for more adult people by Oda but that wretched For Kids forced it to be shown as their twisted image of ''Childrens Cartoon'' meant for people under 12 year.

I have watched (or atleast tryed) some English dub episodes and by all that is holy it's so painfull that it's not even funny. They chage Sanji's Cigarette to lollipop (ok thats bearable). They clean ALL Blood effects from series (That is NO! what's wrong with blood anyway?).

One Piece can be brutal and villains of series can be very evil and their actions can be pretty sadistic. However Dub team makes One piece villains look like Goofy clowns with 'nasty' intetions.

Crocodile and Alabasta arc was raped so brutally by Dub team that it don't make any damn sence whatsoever. Crocodile is perhaps most evil villain on series yet (along Rob Lucci). And Dub team had no choice that rape all his lines to be like ''Whoa! that rubber boy is like balloon! ha ha!'' While he really says in that place ''Haahahah I will kill everyone in this city'' or such
Old 2007-09-30, 22:29   Link #333
TwistedMarionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post

It's because that arrogant and brutal raping of For Kids Dubs (or anydubs whatsoever) Voice actors are hideous beoynd belief and editing is brutal. One piece is originally made for more adult people by Oda but that wretched For Kids forced it to be shown as their twisted image of ''Childrens Cartoon'' meant for people under 12 year.

I have watched (or atleast tryed) some English dub episodes and by all that is holy it's so painfull that it's not even funny. They chage Sanji's Cigarette to lollipop (ok thats bearable). They clean ALL Blood effects from series (That is NO! what's wrong with blood anyway?).

One Piece can be brutal and villains of series can be very evil and their actions can be pretty sadistic. However Dub team makes One piece villains look like Goofy clowns with 'nasty' intetions.

Crocodile and Alabasta arc was raped so brutally by Dub team that it don't make any damn sence whatsoever. Crocodile is perhaps most evil villain on series yet (along Rob Lucci). And Dub team had no choice that rape all his lines to be like ''Whoa! that rubber boy is like balloon! ha ha!'' While he really says in that place ''Haahahah I will kill everyone in this city'' or such
i dont think it had anything to do with the dub, bleach and naruto were both big before they were dubbed, but from what gatherd people dont give one piece a chance because

1. they dont like the art style and

2. it looks too kiddish,

when i tell people to watch one pece and they give me these answers i tell them to either start on arlong, or barque works, pref barqueworks/ whisky peak saga

mabey a quick runtrough of when each member joined to know things but basically starting from there is when it hgets really good
Old 2007-10-01, 09:00   Link #334
Fyria

Well I have heard that One piece is ALOT more popular in Asia than Naruto /Bleach
Old 2007-10-01, 23:26   Link #335
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Those fans get at least one thing right (after seeing the quality of Naruto Part 2, and it being still watched, that is a fitting statement). One Piece has much better qualities in many aspects, better animation, better fillers, better story and development, a good balance of comedy and action, better production team, etc...
Old 2007-10-02, 12:29   Link #336
Gabrius
CROCODILE!!!!

As sad as it may be, some people refuse to read subtitles, and strictly watch dubbed anime. One Piece is terrible in English- the story, the voices, the music, the humor are all ruined in transition. As much as I hate anything dubbed, I can tell the difference between just shitty (Naruto and Bleach), and putrid (One Piece).
COMPLETELY against dubs, and other forms of artwork molestation.... keep it in it's original form - don't worry about milking it for every possible cent... oh wait, I forgot, thats the good ol' American Way!!!
Old 2007-10-02, 21:26   Link #337
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrius View Post
As much as I hate anything dubbed, I can tell the difference between just shitty (Naruto and Bleach), and putrid (One Piece).
You were doing so well until that part, too...

Also, One Piece is out of 4Kids' hands anyway...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Old 2007-10-02, 21:39   Link #338
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post

I hafta agree with you there. I tried watching it last Saturday after Naruto and I just couldn't get into it. At first the voices really bugged me, then I thought "just give it a chance and it'll be good," but it was a filler so I flipped the channel

I don't have much of a problem the Idate Fillers on Naruto its okay, I've watched OP & Naruto in Japanese and the subs don't bother me now like it did when I was 12 and first watching "Final Fanatasy Legend of Crystals anime." Honestly I think OP should be given a chance more by viewers. My first initial reaction to it when I was reading the shonen jump (don't know the arc it had some Baroque's ppl attacking using wax and art) and it reminded me of Lupin III for some reason. I can stand to watch all Japanese episodes, in fact now that I am older and am more interested in the whole culture I'd prefer it to come to the USA in its untouched form, of course that'll never happen
Old 2007-10-03, 12:05   Link #339
Gabrius
CROCODILE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
You were doing so well until that part, too...

Also, One Piece is out of 4Kids' hands anyway...

Doesn't matter to me.... dubs are just evil, and people need to learn to either read or understand Japanese.... IMO, dubs are for lazy people and fairweather fans of anime. Japanese shows should be in Japanese, as American shows should be in English (South Park in Japanese makes as much sense as One Piece does in English)
COMPLETELY against dubs, and other forms of artwork molestation.... keep it in it's original form - don't worry about milking it for every possible cent... oh wait, I forgot, thats the good ol' American Way!!!
Old 2007-10-03, 12:36   Link #340
RonaldC

Naruto and Bleach start off fantastically, but gradually runs out of interesting ideas

In contrast, One Piece starts off slow, but gets better and better with every arc

That's why the people who were willing to continue reading One Piece came to love it

Unfortunately, most people judged One Piece by its initial chapters, and dropped it for other series like Naruto and Bleach
Closed Thread