4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-14, 10:42   Link #121
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

mmm... finally saw ep. 2 and it definitely was better than ep. 1 although my favorite part would have to be Graham in his MS. Still the CB owning the grunts wasn't much of a surprise, but the GN particles are like really awesome in terms of variety of use from entering the atmosphere, radar jamming and maneuverability, and it seems it doesn't have any drawback so far. =o
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 10:48   Link #122
hhahaha2

How ironic will it be if the funders of CB were defense contractors who wants to pressure the three powers into funding them to create new weapons that can fight the Gundams. Of course they will continue upgrading the CB gundams such that there will always a technological disparity between CB and the states where no matter how much money the powers spend on defense, they will never catch up to CB. So there's so much money to be made and hopefully to the extent the CB members are aware will unite humanity in the fight against them.

CAPITALISM..IT IS NICE!!!

Last edited by hhahaha2; 2007-10-14 at 10:49. Reason: Need a send off
hhahaha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 10:50   Link #123
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Um, Exia gets his ass kicked so soon?

Spoiler for Extended Episode 3 preview:
Old 2007-10-14, 10:54   Link #124
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Alias would make more sense for Gundam pilots name since it's still the first name/last name format.
they should have "Top Gun"-esque codename imo

The GN particles seems to be the wonder particle in Gundam 00. It provides stealth capability and e-jamming. Virtue released more particles when they are entering the atmosphere... maybe they provide some thermal protection as well?

Graham seemed to got it right when he assume Gundam capability are derived from the particles.
Old 2007-10-14, 11:01   Link #125
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

I wouldn't be surprised if the particles can be used for even more purpose, like now maybe thermal protection from entering the atmosphere but later it could be used as some sort of shield by dissipating any beams that it can into contact with the particles thus protecting the unit. My mind is going to antarctica. lol
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 11:01   Link #126
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

I'm hoping that it's Sergei or that white-haired chick.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 11:05   Link #127
hhahaha2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Alias would make more sense for Gundam pilots name since it's still the first name/last name format.
they should have "Top Gun"-esque codename imo

The GN particles seems to be the wonder particle in Gundam 00. It provides stealth capability and e-jamming. Virtue released more particles when they are entering the atmosphere... maybe they provide some thermal protection as well?

Graham seemed to got it right when he assume Gundam capability are derived from the particles.
"Setsuna" is a broad Japanese noun that can be used to mean various distressed sentiment beyond sadness like agony, pain, heart-brokeness, empathy, pathos e.t.c.

In other words the boy is branded to go emo. Oh Jesus

Quote:
I'm hoping that it's Sergei or that white-haired chick.
Who says it's a chick? I bet almost everyone thought Tieria Erde was a chick until they read the synopsis or the first episode.
I also suspect that "some toy merchandiser" forced Sunrise to make the Virtue pilot a guy in late production. Japanese toy makers believe robot models with female association don't sell well. The whole female transformer characters in Beast Wars were dubbed by males in the Japanese release.

Last edited by hhahaha2; 2007-10-14 at 11:15.
Old 2007-10-14, 11:11   Link #128
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Haha. D:

I have a question on the character. I have been looking at the wiki/few other sites and I keep seeing Wang/Wong's name differently. Is it Wong Ryumin? Or Wang Liu Mei? Just curious, thanks.
Old 2007-10-14, 11:11   Link #129
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

That things bears an uncanny resemblance to B.D's Zahme Sau from Megazone 23 Part II
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 11:19   Link #130
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumara View Post
Haha. D:

I have a question on the character. I have been looking at the wiki/few other sites and I keep seeing Wang/Wong's name differently. Is it Wong Ryumin? Or Wang Liu Mei? Just curious, thanks.
it's Wang Liu Mei (proper romanization)
http://www.gundam00.net/character/index.html
Old 2007-10-14, 11:25   Link #131
hhahaha2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumara View Post
Haha. D:

Wong Ryumin is the Japanese cognate, the other is Mandarin.
Old 2007-10-14, 11:30   Link #132
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Quote:
it's Wang Liu Mei (proper romanization)
http://www.gundam00.net/character/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhahaha2 View Post
Wong Ryumin is the Japanese cognate, the other is Mandarin.
Ahh! Thanks so much. I appreciate the quick response. I'd been racking my brain for a while now. :/
Old 2007-10-14, 12:42   Link #133
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhahaha2 View Post
Who says it's a chick? I bet almost everyone thought Tieria Erde was a chick until they read the synopsis or the first episode.
I also suspect that "some toy merchandiser" forced Sunrise to make the Virtue pilot a guy in late production. Japanese toy makers believe robot models with female association don't sell well. The whole female transformer characters in Beast Wars were dubbed by males in the Japanese release.
Tieria's face looks like a chick, but the body is male (looking at the how wide he is).

White hair is much slimmer, so chances it's a girl is likely. (what's wrong with a female pilot?)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 12:50   Link #134
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Tieria's face looks like a chick, but the body is male (looking at the how wide he is).

White hair is much slimmer, so chances it's a girl is likely. (what's wrong with a female pilot?)
You won't know till he/she pulls down his/her pants. It's like guessing the twin's gender in Black Lagoon.

Actually, just gotta find the full body picture... this anime abide by the boobs = girl, flat = guy rule.
Old 2007-10-14, 13:10   Link #135
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
If people want to see good grunt units, might I recommend Front Mission. The Grunt units can even be on par with boss class units depending on how well they are used, by both you and the CPU.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 13:55   Link #136
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
You won't know till he/she pulls down his/her pants. It's like guessing the twin's gender in Black Lagoon.

Actually, just gotta find the full body picture... this anime abide by the boobs = girl, flat = guy rule.
Breast reduction could work!
Too bad it's not likely to find a pants down situation, unless we have some sort of a shower scene.
As for body pictures, wearing a shirt with a jacket with arms cross at the chest area standing at a 45 degree angle tells you something is odd about this guy. Picture can be found at the end of intro.
Also in that intro picture. If you compare the shoulder widths of all 4 pilots. You will definitely see that Lockon/Allelujah have much wider shoulder than Tieria/Setsuna. Setsuna's 16 so he's got some growing to do, but Tiria looks like someone about the age of Alleluja or a bit older even. This is definitely telling us something since age of tieria is unknown at the moment.
Old 2007-10-14, 14:09   Link #137
Elehayym

Quote:
I was assuming it would be a guy too cause of this, since the scene in the OP makes me think he/she is flat :O

But then Duotiga posted the synopsis for few next episodes in the general thread, and

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler for episode 4 preview:
so I guess they're talking about her D:
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 14:13   Link #138
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

And regarding Setsuna
After ep2 I definitely agree that he's no Heero clone nor is he Shinn clone or Kira clone. I am gonna suggest that he's Himura Kenshin clone. Not the whimpy Kenshin with sakabato. The younger, bakumatsu kenshin. Discuss?
Old 2007-10-14, 14:16   Link #139
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
I was assuming it would be a guy too cause of this, since the scene in the OP makes me think he/she is flat :O

But then Duotiga posted the synopsis for few next episodes in the general thread, and

so I guess they're talking about her D:
Which post is it? I really hate to waste money on newtype just so that I can read the episode guide on the back.
Old 2007-10-14, 14:38   Link #140
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I've taken on an irrational dislike of the intro. What zero-sum game? Why should humanity become one? How is driving a wedge into the world going unite anything?

Also, apparently, the CB's plan is to have the whole world united in hatred of them. Fine, but what are they going to do after that? Once they're gone, people will go back to business as usual. Or do they plan to fight the world forever?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote