Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Subs for the last episode are out...

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:00   Link #242
Westlo
Lets be reality

Awesome conclusion for an awesome series that tied up a lot of ends nicely. Looking forward to the DVD only episodes and I'm praying Light Novels 5+ are animated.

Spoiler:

It's been a very strong year but I'm pretty sure nothing else will dislodge Baccano! as my #1 title for 2007.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 15:32   Link #243
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Only 13 pages for 13 episodes. Why do I always end up liking the unpopular shows? -_- After they managed to wrap up everything nicely I have to raise Baccano in my list. I wonder how long Isaac and Miria ...

Spoiler for Ep 13, last scene:
Old 2007-11-24, 16:43   Link #244
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Only 13 pages for 13 episodes. Why do I always end up liking the unpopular shows?
Well, here I come to add to the quiet party. A friend of mine pointed out this show to me about a month ago, and I watched 11 episodes in a single week. I've just watched the conclusion, and this show is absolutely made of pure awesomeness. Such an amazing mix of so many different things, with so many moods and a kickass animation quality to boot... Definitely my highlight for 2007. In a year where we haven't had many groundbreaking series (and a medium which hasn't seen so much style since Cowboy Bebop), Baccano was definitely an extremely pleasant surprise.

Looking forward to rewatching it in the near future.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 17:48   Link #245
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I must agree with everyone. This has been a gem in coal for 2007. 2007 has been a weak year with only a few great shows(And most of those started in 06 and finished this year). Nothing this year ever had me waiting desperately for the next episode except for this and Death Note. Hopefully 2008 will be a stronger year(Please god more FMP)
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 18:10   Link #246
blewin

Spoiler for ep 13:
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 20:29   Link #247
Anime_gal

I can't believe that more people aren't watching this anime. It definitely has become one of my favorite. The story is interesting from the beginning and keep us interested throughout each episode. The fun part was figuring out what happened when and how they all fit together.

Can anyone provide me with spoilers from the novels, I can't find any site (that is in english) about the novels. Does Claire meet Chane and do they get married? What happened to the relationship between Firo and Ennis? What happens to the rest of the group? What happened in the latest novel that was released? I know that I am asking for a lot of spoilers but right now I just want to know more about Baccano and unfortunately I don't know any japanese. Hopefully there will be another season.
Anime_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 21:53   Link #248
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Anime Gal, I too want answers. However, I found out that the guy who writes Baccano novels also wrote the novel Vamp which is scheduled to come out in America next year, so there's the chance the novels could see English release! Though it'd take Seven Seas 5 years to get up to book 4 XD

Anywho, I figured I'd link to my philosophy of Baccano
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 22:35   Link #249
Kyuuen

Qn 1: Can part-immortal eat?

Spoiler:

Qn 2: Can non-immortal be eaten?

Qn 3:
Spoiler:

Qn 4:
Spoiler:

Qn 5:
Spoiler:
Kyuuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 00:40   Link #250
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Qn3: It was Chane, dude...
Qn4: I doubt it, because the whole thing that was supposed to make him cool is that he was just so awesome that he could fight the immortals.
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 01:18   Link #251
Zephyr_Mage

Mortals cannot be eaten.
That's why Szilard failed to eat Sylvie, because she didn't drink the elixir.

Gred (or Gerd, as translated by the-triad) is Maiza's brother who was eaten by Szilard on the Advena Avis.

Chane is a mortal. So is Claire, as far as I know.
Zephyr_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 02:05   Link #252
Kyuuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
Qn3: It was Chane, dude...
Qn4: I doubt it, because the whole thing that was supposed to make him cool is that he was just so awesome that he could fight the immortals.
Chane is a 'she', not a 'he', and Chane is the daughter of Huey, and since she's not immortal, she couldn't be the demon on the ship back in 1711. I think you confused Chane with someone else.
Old 2007-11-25, 02:43   Link #253
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Qn 5: I think Maiza's last line to Gerd was referring to how originally, Maiza was against sharing the secret of immortality with anyone. That's the whole "is it all right?" bit. Yet I guess Maiza finally realized that it was OK, and is saying it as a reminder of Gerd, whom as you would recall was given part of the immortality recipe because Maiza thought he'd come up with a use for it.

As for my own question: What was up with that random line after Maiza's thoughts of Gerd, coming from that man standing at the door nearby? The one about "I thought we'd be able to get along for a while". It was just kind of out of nowhere, it seemed...
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 04:01   Link #254
Zephyr_Mage

That man is the demon who gave Maiza the elixir.
Old 2007-11-25, 05:08   Link #255
Kyuuen

Wow, really? Does Maiza know? Is he among the mafia?
Old 2007-11-25, 07:31   Link #256
Zephyr_Mage

I'm not sure he knows.
At the end of episode 7, they were shown in the 30s talking about Runorata, so yeah he's in the mafia.
Old 2007-11-25, 07:43   Link #257
Clarste
Human

I think he's the "father" of the Gandor brothers (based on appearance, mostly), but he also obviously has the demon's voice and speech patterns ("maa, ii"). I also have a crazy theory that he's actually Elmer (that guy from the boat who wanted everyone to smile) who's giving his body to the demon in exchange for his wish, but that's just a crazy theory. It would be easily refuted if Maiza referred to him by name, but I don't think he has, yet. Or maybe it wouldn't be refuted, depending on the nature of... whatever. Still a crazy theory. Ignore me...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 08:01   Link #258
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr_Mage View Post
Mortals cannot be eaten.
That's why Szilard failed to eat Sylvie, because she didn't drink the elixir.
Have a look at the cover for the latest novel set in 2002.

http://www.baccano.jp/release/book.html

Anyway nice to see this move up from somewhere in the #9x to #51 on myanimelists top anime page. Think it's avg rating was 8.21 but its jumped up to 8.42 after 13 was released.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 08:16   Link #259
Zephyr_Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Have a look at the cover for the latest novel set in 2002.

http://www.baccano.jp/release/book.html

Anyway nice to see this move up from somewhere in the #9x to #51 on myanimelists top anime page. Think it's avg rating was 8.21 but its jumped up to 8.42 after 13 was released.
I guess she drank it after Szilard fell into the sea. After all, she was seen holding a bottle containing what should be the elixir. We were also shown an image of Sylvie singing in a nightclub, probably in the 30s, or even the present time, who knows?
Old 2007-11-25, 12:32   Link #260
gvozden
Waterproofed Legion

Couple of questions since I can't figure it.
1- Did Ladd kill his girlfriend, not sure was that his blood flying or hers(episode 1)?
2- Was there any explanation why blonde girl is slashing spear thru Isaacs ear and in background we see Nice, Enis, Jakuzzi, and Miria is suprised how Isaacs ear healed (also episode 1)?
3- same scene as question 2, what year is that?
gvozden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural