AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-01-18, 17:37   Link #2901
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

I haven't started reading the manga, and perhaps this question has already been answered but.. did the manga end or are their more still coming?
Wirbelwind8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 09:58   Link #2902
janfive

Start reading the manga dude you'll have a good time but lately the comedy has been relatively uneven.

The manga is not ending and the end is not in sight, more is still coming until the endless cycle
of the characters going back from where they started, no development whatsoever, and the joy of reading it wears itself out... or the Mangaka gets bored by his own work and really starts making a comedic masterpiece of an ending.

I really wish it would end or at least give us a major development that hints to an end or else I'd have to agree with Jason Thompson in his complete guide to Manga where he stated that "School Rumble wants to be a slapstick deconstruction of high school manga romantic comedies, but the problem is that this kind of material already parodies itself...their stories are short and predictable." He rated School Rumble a miserable 2 stars out of 4 (another interesting note, one line caught my attention though: "Karasuma is a shy high school delinquent who has a crush on Tenma" ... What?!)...If you ask me I'd rate SR a 3 1/2 out of 4 and that Thompson guy really doesn't know his School Rumble manga.
janfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 12:46   Link #2903
marcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Harima told Tenma to go in 257 even though he probably suspected that she was going to meet with Karasuma, and Harima still thinks that Karasuma is going to ask Tenma to be his girlfriend. He seems to have (at least temporarily) reached a new level of maturity.
Nevertheless, that's truly weird. Harima always freaks out when he sees or knows of Karasuma being w/ Tenma. A notable exception was on her birthday when he told him she was expecting him to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoiler for School Rumble PSP:
I bet that's curry

Quote:
I think you're reading too much into it. Harima just let Tenma go to Karasuma; he has nothing to do for the rest of the night, as long as Tenma is with Karasuma. Harima probably expects that Tenma will get together with Karasuma, but due to Karasuma's condition this is probably impossible. So, unless Harima hooks up with someone else immediately, he will probably still be waiting when Tenma returns.
Again, his expression/reaction is nothing we're used to. Or perhaps he just knows this time he can't do anything, whatever has to happen will happen.

EDIT: Perhaps this reasoning of mine about Harima's reaction to Tenma's leaving is a bit hasty. I've based it on the translation of the 257 on this page. I dunno what happened between them on 256 since i have only the raw. And japanese isn't my cup o'tea.
marcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 01:38   Link #2904
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcon View Post
Again, his expression/reaction is nothing we're used to. Or perhaps he just knows this time he can't do anything, whatever has to happen will happen.
From what I've seen of the 258 spoiler translation,
Spoiler:
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 07:02   Link #2905
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoiler for karasuma dead:

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2008-01-24 at 11:38.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 07:56   Link #2906
marcon

Quote:
From what I've seen of the 258 spoiler translation,
Spoiler:
Where where?
marcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 11:35   Link #2907
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Send a message via AIM to -Ajax-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhei View Post
KJ is killing Flag, xD Yakumo deserves Harima more than Eri.
Lol Onigiri fans. Yakumo doesn't deserve anything more than Eri.

Sorry but as it stands Onigiri is still a long ways off, Harima has never looked at her as anything other than a friend and his accomplice in trying to get Tenma. KJ seems to be really screwing around with all the pairings though, its hard to say where anything is leaning towards right now. Flute seems to be the most secure after 252.
-Ajax- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 11:39   Link #2908
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

As long as Harima and Tenma are one track minded in love the doors or windows of others will not be opened...
Old 2008-01-25, 11:24   Link #2909
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Send a message via AIM to -Ajax-
Quote:
As long as Harima and Tenma are one track minded in love the doors or windows of others will not be opened...
Yeah it still stands, that wall that Harima has put between himself and anyone that isn't Tenma but with recent events...Tenma might lose her love interest pretty soon.

but I'm still cheering Eri on in that respect, but it seems now Eri has taken the sidelines in the fight, which is making me sad lol Come on Kyoto part 2!
-Ajax- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 12:22   Link #2910
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Soooooo, it looks like something interesesting FINALLY happened... should I start reading this again? I stopped somewhere around that council president election chapter.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 14:51   Link #2911
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

better read again! Chapters are getting better and there's some development in the other factions as well.
Old 2008-01-27, 11:12   Link #2912
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Prediction for SR ending:

Eri finally confesses to Harima, Harima rejects her, but ends up brooding over it for awhile.. and after some revelations he realizes his mistake and goes back to Eri, and after she kicks him, they end up having a tearful kiss.

As for Tenma, she spontaneously explodes for no reason killing bobble headed boy in the process.

Yakumo makes love to Iori and the Giraffe

The End
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 11:18   Link #2913
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Prediction for SR ending:

Eri finally confesses to Harima, Harima rejects her, but ends up brooding over it for awhile.. and after some revelations he realizes his mistake and goes back to Eri, and after she kicks him, they end up having a tearful kiss.

As for Tenma, she spontaneously explodes for no reason killing bobble headed boy in the process.

Yakumo makes love to Iori and the Giraffe

The End
WTF?!!

I liked the beginning, but in the end...it's just soo...
Old 2008-01-28, 15:01   Link #2914
Visiroth
Cutout

Quote:
WTF?!!

I liked the beginning, but in the end...it's just soo...
...so fitting!

KJ, start taking notes. This is good stuff.
Visiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 15:32   Link #2915
Marsala
Delurker

Due to lack of discussion of the latest chapters in English forums, I've started browsing the 2chan School Rumble threads. Since I cannot actually read Japanese, this has been somewhat difficult. But, using Google translation, I have gotten a general idea of their conversation.

It seems that they are mainly obsessed with the current dilemma of Karasuma's health. Many have suggested that Tenma would go to America to be with Karasuma, or that her praying for him could result in a miraculous cure (as little Tenma got a dying cherry tree to blossom in a recent b chapter, though it was still chopped down in the end). However, it seems to me that most of these ideas are out of place in the comedy that is School Rumble; either Tenma and Harima will never learn about Karasuma's illness and thus not be crippled by angst or it will all turn out to be a gigantic misunderstanding.

At any rate, unless there is yet another implausible reset, the situation between Tenma and Karasuma should be resolved in the very near future, i.e. by the end of the walking festival, which should have a huge impact on Harima's story.
Old 2008-01-28, 20:44   Link #2916
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visiroth View Post
...so fitting!

KJ, start taking notes. This is good stuff.
The hell it is. But if you want to make a crazy fanstory out of this, I don't see any reason why not.

Putting that aside, I'm somewhat convinced that there might be a misunderstanding somewhere along the lines. If I remember correctly, Karasuma's illness was terminal, right? Unless they wish to keep him in the story (and probably in effect Tenma...Unless KJ wants to transfer the attention over to the other characters again or back to Eri as well as Harima and Yakumo provided the latter stays), it's going to be a pretty big development.

If you look at how SR develops though....RESET TIME.

*Hopes that he's wrong*
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 20:57   Link #2917
a1047

HaHa..sorry about the past...totally forgot about that..so forgive me

Hmm...after discus with my friend, look like something suprise or unexpected will be happend in valentine day

BCoz KJ is a person who think a lot suprise/unexpected idea in his head

Maybe Wrong,
mAYBE rIGHT
a1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 23:38   Link #2918
Mikhei

Maybe Karasume need a heart~ bone marrow~ transplant... and Harima will die for love giving to Tenma happiness.
Mikhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 23:54   Link #2919
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

So, absolutely no chance Karasuma was talking about the expiration date of a package of curry?
Old 2008-01-29, 00:12   Link #2920
Marsala
Delurker

Not unless the curry cannot be cured and needs to have surgery in America...

Of course, this is School Rumble, so I won't rule it out.

Tags
hige, ojou, school