AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-03-10, 20:10   Link #101
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
The Mange Sharingan isn't 'always-on'. It's unknown if it can be activated in a split-second or if it needs to be 'charged'.

Additionally, we don't know if it can be left on like the Sharingan.

If it takes 5 seconds to power up, and only lasts for a split-second during which you had better be looking into their eyes, then yeah...
Personally I think that it can be done in a split second, the two times Itachi used it against Sasuke he just blinked his eyes and it was the same when he used the Amaterasu, the wall of flesh of Jiraiya was annihilated into ashes instantaneously.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 22:55   Link #102
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Personally I think that it can be done in a split second, the two times Itachi used it against Sasuke he just blinked his eyes and it was the same when he used the Amaterasu, the wall of flesh of Jiraiya was annihilated into ashes instantaneously.
IS ITACHI THAT DAMN SCARY?!?!?!

An ability is as good as its (IR)RESPONSIBLE user.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 00:22   Link #103
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Nah, when he uses the jutsu he closes his eyes for at least 2 panels.

vs Kakashi (especially obvious) - he tells Kakashi + co. he will show them the power of the bloodline and then closes his eyes for a few pages.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 01:17   Link #104
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
The Mange Sharingan isn't 'always-on'. It's unknown if it can be activated in a split-second or if it needs to be 'charged'.

Additionally, we don't know if it can be left on like the Sharingan.

If it takes 5 seconds to power up, and only lasts for a split-second during which you had better be looking into their eyes, then yeah...
Itachi's not stupid. He says outright his "Tsukiyomi" technique cannot be beaten, and that nobody without Uchiha blood can defeat him. If it were not practical to catch an opponent with it, then he would not be so confident. It stands to reason that it does not take long to activate, and the only last a split-second, otherwise he would know that it's not that useful a technique.

Quote:
Nah, when he uses the jutsu he closes his eyes for at least 2 panels.

vs Kakashi (especially obvious) - he tells Kakashi + co. he will show them the power of the bloodline and then closes his eyes for a few pages.
It doesn't always take two panels. In the flashback, when he does it to Sasuke, he only closes his eyes for one panel. This could be a long time, or it could be an instant.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 21:31   Link #105
Loki
Ronin

Send a message via MSN to Loki
Sharigan Rocks - just simply to learn new Gen#s in split secs hell yeah you know its better than looking like your eyes are about to pop out :P
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 22:19   Link #106
Unidentified

I say the Byukagan. The move Itachi had done was probably the limits of the sharingan, he could barely use it that much, so if there is a stronger move which there probably isn't it might just take out all there chakra once done. Also Itachi used a Gen "super move", Nin "super move", so there probably is a Taijutsu move and that's it to the sharingan.

Byukagan users don't even have to look at the opponents high, they can look right past it and look at the chakra things, so it probably won't work against them. We haven't even seen a Hyuga hihger than a genin, we only seen 1 move of the cheif Hyuga and he took out a whole mess of ninjas in a huge radius.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 23:11   Link #107
Revan

Cool

If one considers the Uchiha reputation...

When Kakashi said that Sasuke is from Konoha's most superior clan, Zabuza knew that he meant the Uchiha.

Orochimaru has hand-picked Sasuke out of all the possible body donors, which says a lot considering that Orochimaru had no qualms about fighting Sandaime. Even after Naruto has displayed the great power of Kyubi twice in front of Orochimaru, he's still intent on Sasuke.

During the chuunin exam finals, everyone was way more interrested in seeing Sasuke than Neji.

Itachi's mastery of the Sharingan speaks for itself... even Orochimaru fears him.

The choice seems obvious.
Plus, the Sharingan definately looks much cooler!
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 23:28   Link #108
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan
If one considers the Uchiha reputation...

When Kakashi said that Sasuke is from Konoha's most superior clan, Zabuza knew that he meant the Uchiha.

Orochimaru has hand-picked Sasuke out of all the possible body donors, which says a lot considering that Orochimaru had no qualms about fighting Sandaime. Even after Naruto has displayed the great power of Kyubi twice in front of Orochimaru, he's still intent on Sasuke.

During the chuunin exam finals, everyone was way more interrested in seeing Sasuke than Neji.

Itachi's mastery of the Sharingan speaks for itself... even Orochimaru fears him.

The choice seems obvious.
Plus, the Sharingan definately looks much cooler!
When Kakashi and Zabuza were speaking, Kakashi finished the sentence. Zabuza could have been about to say "Hyuuga" (No, I don't really believe that, either.)

Orochimaru has picked Sasuke out because the Sharingan fits his particular wants and needs, not because it's automatically better. Someone like Gai or Asuma might prefer the Byakugan.

During the Chuunin finals - Sasuke is the last Uchiha. Being able to see something for the final time is far more exciting than seeing something you can probably see again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by some American Indian from The Simpsons
Chicks really dig you when you're the last of something.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 00:08   Link #109
Chibi Dude
Super Froog Man

Cool

I think sharingan is more of a lady killer, but byakugan is so amazing you can nail people out of match in minutes, or if you just want to toy with them you can close all there chakura flow.
Chibi Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 01:47   Link #110
Isis&Osiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee
So wut would u rather have and why? Byukugan or Sharingan? I would rather have byukugan cuz u get a 360 degree view and it looks pretty darn cool. sharingan looks cool too but i think byukugan is more usefull.
in the chapters, it explains the limitations and how the far the sight is, which isn't much. He actually ended up using his chakra as motion sensor detector.

his 64-hit combo was ineffective with the ability to see the chakra system because he couldn't pierce through special armor of his opponent.

I like to have both. hehe I'll be a mutant with four eyes.
Isis&Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 02:15   Link #111
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

Hmm... THis I think depends on r "which would you rather have in real life" or "which would you rather have if you lived in the world of naruto"

In real life the byukugan wins no contest hehe , since your not going to be copying many justu around here =).

In the naruto world it is a closer battle. Byukugan comes with the most devestating taijustu attacks that can kill anyone in a single landed blow to the chest no matter how strong your oppenent was.

Being able to copy any tech instantly is also very good for building up your abilities quickly

I picked Byukugan. Using the taijustu that comes along with this you can take down ANYONE (they even say so in the series "you can't train your internal body" it would just be a matter of building up your speed or binding techs to make sure you could get your 1 solid blow. Plus my fav naruto CHA has these eyes hehe
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 02:29   Link #112
PinkSpider
先輩

Send a message via ICQ to PinkSpider Send a message via MSN to PinkSpider
there's almost an equal amount of people who would like to have the byukugan or the Sharingan. For me, even though i really like Neji, I would choose the Sharingan.
At first i would have thought that the Sharingan is not very original since it can only copy other people's skills. But after seeing kakashi and itachi's skills in using their sharingan, I realised that there's so much more the Sharingan can accomplished. Moreover, it would be really scary if anything u are able to do can be copied flawlessly with the Sharingan, especially if u are a heavy jutsu-user. (like orochimaru)
Moreover the Sharingan looks more cool! (people should start producing sharingan contacts) And the best best part, i am sure it can help me a lot in my exams for the next two weeks. ^_-
PinkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 04:31   Link #113
Eshu
Junior Ninja

Presumeably, as far as other applications go, wouldnt' the Hyuga power be able to heal people, or at least assit in it, considering they could affect the inner organs? I'd assume they dont' HAVE to crush them. Also they could probably affect things other then purely inner organs, since the coil system runs throught your entire body. You could blind someone with a touch, or render them deaf. Hell, if everyone was considering what you could do to show off to the opposite gender, you could tap them on the shoulder and have them horny as you wish.

on a vauge off note, since they said that they can use the points to open the chakra holes wider, i wonder if they could 'turn up' Lee's lotus ablities, in essence allowing him to pull more power out from himself.

The counter point being, the Uchina ablity and the Hyuga ablity balence each other out in a way, since as soon as you are in arms reach of a Hyuga, they can drop you, and a uchina can simply throw ninjitsu at you from a distance. There is also the fact you have to look someone in the eye for menge sharringan to work, and the 360 vision that the hyuga eye has probably would allow them to avoid being caught.
Eshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 06:09   Link #114
rock and stones

why doesnt itachi just get rid of sasuke? i mean if i killed my family, i wouldnt want an irritating little bro to keep hounding me later in life. so i say, just get rid of sasuke.

back to byakugan vs sharingan, i'd say to each his own. it boils down to the user of both the abilities. one thing i'd like to add is, having sharingan doesnt make you god. it only gives you a cheap advantage over your opponent.
rock and stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 09:44   Link #115
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Okay,would Hiachi be able to go toe to toe with Itachi?
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 09:55   Link #116
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

Quote:
There is also the fact you have to look someone in the eye for menge sharringan to work, and the 360 vision that the hyuga eye has probably would allow them to avoid being caught.
I think that very point could mean that the Byukugan would almost invariably be "caught" with the mange sharingan. Because maybe it's not just "looking" into the eye, but just "seeing" it. If that were the case, any Hyuga is automatically screwed.
Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 11:23   Link #117
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
Not even in his dreams
Old 2004-04-11, 12:02   Link #118
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Personally, I believe in being my own man. As such, I do not find the "stealing techniques" from others a worthy or honourable means of becoming good. That being said, I think the superior perception on Byakugan would be more for me.

It is one thing to defeat someone with their own techniques... but it is entirely different, and in my opinion better, if defeat them using your own intellegence and techniques.

In closing:
Sharingan = Lazy Man's Bloodline
Byakugan = Real Man's Bloodline

Btw: This is an extremely Bias post, so do not pay attention if it offends you
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 13:30   Link #119
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca

Not even in his dreams
Well Itachi was a genius of geniuses. Hiachi is just an avg genius. Neji is a genius of genius but he is still just a kid by the time he is Itachi's age I would imagine him being able to fight him pretty well toe to toe.
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 13:49   Link #120
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Well Itachi was a genius of geniuses. Hiachi is just an avg genius. Neji is a genius of genius but he is still just a kid by the time he is Itachi's age I would imagine him being able to fight him pretty well toe to toe.
Neji has about the same age that Itachi had when he obliterated all the Uchiha.
Neji's strong, but he just doesn't play in the same class than Itachi.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote