AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-05-22, 05:58   Link #401
wao
OK.

I read that after seeing it on slashdot. Man, people will never stop getting confused between futaba and 2ch (the slashdot posters that is).

I normally don't read wired but that was a nice way of getting more people to know about niconico douga. It's pretty cool that they actually went and interviewed him...

Personally - from a selfish perspective - the biggest thing niconico douga brought was the ability to seamlessly interact with Japanese fans. For one thing, videos speak for themselves, and you don't have to be particularly good in Japanese or understand all the etiquette in order to enjoy stuff (as compared to personal fansites).
And unlike 2ch it's a lot easier to post to these sites.

But I still shouldn't be happy for the existence of niconico douga, seriously I cannot think of a single other site that I have wasted such enormous amounts of time at

zalas in one of the accompanying articles o_O
Old 2008-05-22, 18:40   Link #402
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

For people who can understand Japanese and totally don't mind image breaking of the first 151 Pokemon, one of the best videos ever.

ポケモンを全く知らない自分が想像で151匹『ポケモン描けるかな?』
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 03:03   Link #403
wao
OK.

Okay, who's the smartass who decided to dance that ridiculously popular Ronald McDonald x U.N. Owen video?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3355162

Because it is actually kind of funny (it would've been better if he could do the multiple-people trick). And I really love looking at everyone's comments (even though they're all pretty much wwwwww and 乙). Is this the first time a non-Asian foreigner got into the rankings with their own video? (putting aside karaoke videos) Wait, I think there was that other time this guy who made a kickass Niconico Allstars Yatta! video said he was German...
Old 2008-05-23, 09:16   Link #404
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Okay, who's the smartass who decided to dance that ridiculously popular Ronald McDonald x U.N. Owen video?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3355162

Because it is actually kind of funny (it would've been better if he could do the multiple-people trick). And I really love looking at everyone's comments (even though they're all pretty much wwwwww and 乙). Is this the first time a non-Asian foreigner got into the rankings with their own video? (putting aside karaoke videos) Wait, I think there was that other time this guy who made a kickass Niconico Allstars Yatta! video said he was German...
My favorite comment:

"AMERICAN HIGH QUOLITY"

I'm still trying to decide is the misspelling is purposeful or not.

P.S. I'm a Touhou nut, so the latest beer video is totally hilarious, although as usual you need to be VERY familiar with all the characters to find it particularly funny. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3402368
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 20:20   Link #405
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

I actually like のど飴 singing with this voice better. ._.

誘われて材木欠片歌ってみた。=のど飴

And what the hell ジギル is behind this again. First どM, then あにま in a way, (well OK I guess あにま's was not ジギル's fault but still) and now のど... Lolicon is scarrrry. xDDD

</歌ってみた厨>

And something not Utatte Mita-related.

【オリジナル】交響組曲『ドラクエ風』(全4曲)

It...ranked in on daily ranking. 工作 again? Either way, nice orchestra-style music. (I don't play Dragon Quest, can't tell what their music sounds like.)

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-05-23 at 20:38.
Old 2008-05-25, 00:32   Link #406
Dawnbringerz
性転換団長

キタ━━━━ヽ(゚∀゚ )ノ━━━━!!!!

Miku's version of Ryuuseigun (feat.Kaito)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3402781
Dawnbringerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 03:06   Link #407
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Actually, that's full Miku. KAITO is NOT in the video. (That version's not done by awk. awk's the only one doing Ryuuseigun with both Miku and KAITO.)

Which means, Miku and KAITO are in fact sublings. (wtf
Old 2008-05-26, 00:03   Link #408
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚) (Ryu* Remix)

Posted by Ryu☆ himself, I believe.

Win.

【バカ日本地図】~全国のバカが考えた脳内列島MAP~

7:30 into video. Dead from laughing too much.

Edit: Apparently one of the new feature added for the forum upgrade was the ability to set up and join social groups. (Though it may get removed in the future.) I've set up a Nico Nico group just in case anyone wanna join it.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-05-26 at 00:37. Reason: Social group lol
Old 2008-05-26, 08:46   Link #409
wao
OK.

I saw that second video when it got top on the rankings - and I can see why the comments outnumbered the views... you just have to comment somehow or another even if you've never lived in Japan before because it's just so silly seeing people modifying entire landmasses to accommodate people who are too lazy to remember their geography (I've always liked maps like that anyway, like simplified maps of the world for dummies that show racial biases and whatnot)

I really, really laughed seeing what happened to the lost underwater prefecture of SAGA

Spoiler for rambling:

Haven't seen anything really grabbing me on the rankings recently though, other than the regular funny Yugioh MADs (I like the real un-escapable infinite loop in the full version of Enecon x Big Bridge) though I wonder if they'll find anything new to latch onto since Enecon really can't be milked much more than it already has I think.

Looking at the category rankings I'm wondering whether there's an increasingly large group of people with an insatiable fascination of on-air bloopers.
Old 2008-05-26, 21:51   Link #410
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

From the あんこ入り☆パスタライス guys:

闇(鍋)のゲームをやってみた (About 25 minutes.)

Chaotic tags: 炎VSカオス / 辛い(からい)VS辛い(つらい) / 混ぜるな危険 / 真似るな危険 / 参考元:ハイポーション
Old 2008-05-27, 04:16   Link #411
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
From the あんこ入り☆パスタライス guys:

闇(鍋)のゲームをやってみた (About 25 minutes.)

Chaotic tags: 炎VSカオス / 辛い(からい)VS辛い(つらい) / 混ぜるな危険 / 真似るな危険 / 参考元:ハイポーション
They need their own late-night TV show, IMMEDIATELY.

I think we've found the new "jackasses" of Japan.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 18:38   Link #412
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

A few things changed around following the maint earlier today. The most noticable one being the that the following pages doesn't require to have an account to view now. (Back then, every single page in the site requires you to sign in before you can see anything.)

- Top page
- Newly arrived videos page
- Random search
- Popular tags
- Ranking

Source: ニコニコが色々変わりました!
Old 2008-05-28, 19:59   Link #413
wao
OK.

That seems kinda pointless if you can't actually view the videos though... why would anyone want to view those pages without being able to watch the videos. Easier for data collection? The "newest videos" pages are chock full of totally illegal things though, especially if you go at the right time... heh.

I wish they didn't go back and put those icons next to the tags though, I like them clean.
Old 2008-05-28, 21:08   Link #414
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

The wiki icons have been there for a while. =\

But yea, data collection on the ranking page seem like the only useful one out of the whole thing. That and the top page, but that's it.
Old 2008-05-28, 21:50   Link #415
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
The wiki icons have been there for a while. =\
I'm decently sure the wiki icons next to the tags on videos appeared around this recent maintenance since I first noticed them after and I look at the tags on every video. I actually like them there since they tell you which tags are defined and which aren't before you go looking.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 22:27   Link #416
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

...Huh.

Maybe it's because of the fact that I'm a premium member, which had access to editing the wiki since a while ago? My friend that's currently in Japan helped me to get the premium. But yea, those icons has been there for about a week or so for me already, so I'm already used to them. ._.
Old 2008-05-29, 23:40   Link #417
wao
OK.

Oh I just love videos like this. It's another comment-art-in-uploader-comment video! http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3480733

Even if it has aniki in it it's not annoying, it's actually funny! Although I still don't recommend watching it in front of other people, I think 3 seconds of butt is a bit attention-grabbing.

I love the sense of the jokes though, and I have to be impressed by the great sponsor titles at the end (DoHoMo... geitaidenwa... Aah!dolmaster... oh for crying out loud)

And the icons disappeared! Yay. Okay, strangely enough they don't appear for some videos... o_O

EDIT: Also I was utterly wowed by this - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3341314

The Pirates of the Carribean theme song on an Electone - while playing the melody he/she has to keep the rhythm by pressing on the pedals to the beat... wow! I don't think I could ever concentrate so well! And this person plays it so well... I feel like going on a ship right now.

Last edited by wao; 2008-05-30 at 00:23.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 20:02   Link #418
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

halyosy氏の「創聖のアクエリオン」を、アレンジ 【ヒャダイン】

su te ki....

One day and it has more my lists than I have comments on my ryuuseigun... kanashii....

Edit: oh my god wao, those videos were too awesome! The comment artist... How do they do it. I did not realize what was comment art until halfway thru... it looked like part of the video. The chick playing the electone, or whatever, how in the world... how in the world, I was so moved. I felt like raising up arms and killing someone...

Last edited by jigenbakuda; 2008-05-30 at 20:16.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 20:49   Link #419
green0tea
aka: Temmy

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3497848

Nice to hear J and 社長 again. :] And funny voices from the both of them too.
green0tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 08:18   Link #420
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
speaking of shachou:
(link deleted to asamidori's suggestion. look it up if ya want)

also, big Niconico event in Tokyo Dome City with celebrities and Niconico stars on 4th of July? NIHON HAJIMATA naaa
https://secure.nicovideo.jp/secure/entry_summer

Last edited by itzfurrball; 2008-05-31 at 14:42.
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
video