AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 11:04   Link #6041
Bot1
The Supreme Pontiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
What have we seen in the show to make it more logical?
consider all the gay relationships we have seen so far: nina x euphemia, scheizel x canon, and several hints to a young lulu x suzaku. besides that most marriages are fixed so the show leaves little space for couples that love each other to be successful. all that added up shows that kallen x cc is the most likely thing to happen in that triangle and since zero is already promised away neither of them can even have a proforma marriage to lulu.

AKA Malakith
Old 2008-06-13, 11:06   Link #6042
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot1 View Post
consider all the gay relationships we have seen so far: nina x euphemia, scheizel x canon, and several hints to a young lulu x suzaku. besides that most marriages are fixed so the show leaves little space for couples that love each other to be successful. all that added up shows that kallen x cc is the most likely thing to happen in that triangle and since zero is already promised away neither of them can even have a proforma marriage to lulu.
What hints to the second except that one line? It wouldn't surprise me that much, but it isn't evidence of anything. Nina is an accurate example except there was no relationship so much as an obsession.

That proves absolutely nothing.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-13, 11:06   Link #6043
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Bot1 has a good point.

Lelouch is obviously set up to be with Kaguya. Even though Kaguya says that she knows men like their woman, the truth is, why would Lelouch purposely multi-time her? Daddy's got 108 wives, so he'll just keep 1 to be un-like his father.

Thus, this leaves the other 2 court ladies of Zero, Kallen and C.C., together~
Old 2008-06-13, 11:07   Link #6044
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

What?! How does that make any sense at all? He's not going to be with Kaguya. It makes no sense whatsoever and they have been developing Kallen all this time.
Old 2008-06-13, 11:07   Link #6045
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
She is a critical character in the plot as a whole and her story still has not been delved into at all. She still has an entire arc concerning her that needs to be dealt with.
Wait wait, so you're willing to accept that Kallen has a story that hasn't been developed yet, but not C.C ?

Quote:
No there aren't. They either are or they aren't. If they were anything, it was just to please fans and distract people from the real pairing.
Yes they are. You have to have fans to begin with to please, hence the scenes like the cave in episode 11.

Quote:
And the series confirms it. Besides, Taniguchi said in the past that a romantic relationship with C.C. wasn't possible unless Lelouch viewed her as a woman. And he doesn't.
The series is in progress.

C.C and the Geass story still has not been delved into at all. She still has an entire arc concerning her that needs to be dealt with.
Old 2008-06-13, 11:10   Link #6046
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Kallen x CC does sound more logical considering everything else we've seen in geass so far. i mean, even if one of them SHOULD end up with someone else it will just be a reversed greek relationship where the male is just there as a way to propagate but the REAL love will still be between Kallen and CC
This is just funny, I find their relationship to be that of a younger sister and older sister.

Quote:

She won't have a minor role. And C.C.'s involvement doesn't look like it will step up at all. She'll probably provide info and that is it.
Come on Dann, you don't really think this, do you? Kallen is just finally stepping into her role as a main character, which she was shafted of if you compare her to C.C., Suzaku, and Lelouch in season 1. There is zero chance that C.C. will be played down as much as you say though. If you do think that I would wonder if we are watching the same series.
Old 2008-06-13, 11:10   Link #6047
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait wait, so you're willing to accept that Kallen has a story that hasn't been developed yet, but not C.C ?

Yes they are. You have to have fans to begin with to please, hence the scenes like the cave in episode 11.

The series is in progress.

C.C and the Geass story still has not been delved into at all.
C.C. has a story? She's a plot device. "Her" story is just the origin of Geass which is pretty much an aspect of several others' stories.

How can they be? Meh, it doesn't matter. The scenes mean nothing. Kawaguchi already confirmed it.

And that story doesn't need to get much screentime nor does C.C.. They could throw all that at us in the last three episodes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-13, 11:11   Link #6048
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Yes, I know. It's silly. Just because C.C.'s romantic prospects with Lelouch look bleak, Dann decides to not only be pessimistic are that potential romance but to also be absolutely pessimistic about C.C.'s whole entire being. I still fail to see the logic in it, but I suppose he has his ways.

Quote:
The scenes mean nothing. Kawaguchi already confirmed it.
Kawaguchi? HA!
Old 2008-06-13, 11:13   Link #6049
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Come on Dann, you don't really think this, do you? Kallen is just finally stepping into her role as a main character, which she was shafted of if you compare her to C.C., Suzaku, and Lelouch in season 1. There is zero chance that C.C. will be played down as much as you say though. If you do think that I would wonder if we are watching the same series.
Yes I do at this point. And C.C. didn't have much in season 1 to have her be considered a main character either. And they've played her down for the first half of this series and there is no reason to change that at all now.

Old 2008-06-13, 11:14   Link #6050
Bot1
The Supreme Pontiff

there hasn't been any development in a lulu x kallen pairing at all, so far all we've had is that lulu is at the bottom of all things still a horny teenager and that kallen still has some kind of complex for zero, a complex that is falling more and more apart in every episode. eventually kallen will turn to her real love, CC, culminating in a nice scissoring scene (hopefully). lulu will keep his promised wife and schneizel will take some random loveless wife, always keeping canon at his heart.

AKA Malakith
Old 2008-06-13, 11:18   Link #6051
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
C.C. has a story? She's a plot device. "Her" story is just the origin of Geass which is pretty much an aspect of several others' stories.
Just being related to Geass is alot bigger than Kallen's story, whatever that is.

Quote:
How can they be? Meh, it doesn't matter. The scenes mean nothing. Kawaguchi already confirmed it.
Kawaguchi? HA!

Anyway, might mean nothing to Lelouch, like the recent Kallen scenes, but they are still romance to the viewers.

Show any causal viewer that and they're label it as romance.

Quote:
And that story doesn't need to get much screentime nor does C.C.. They could throw all that at us in the last three episodes.
And Kallen gets only 2 episodes.

Get capture, get release. After which she's back to just fighting for the Order. Short story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Yes, I know. It's silly. Just because C.C.'s romantic prospects with Lelouch look bleak, Dann decides to not only be pessimistic are that potential romance but to also be absolutely pessimistic about C.C.'s whole entire being. I still fail to see the logic in it, but I suppose he has his ways.

When you're pessimistic, you're never disappointed, you can only be pleasantly surprised.

That said, my only problem is him not keeping his delusions to himself =_=

I have a thing against people with strong delusions =_=
Old 2008-06-13, 11:20   Link #6052
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:

Get capture, get release. After which she's back to just fighting for the Order. Short story.
I don't really believe that'll be the end of it for her.
Old 2008-06-13, 11:26   Link #6053
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Of course it's not, just like C.C... Or any other characters for that matter.
Old 2008-06-13, 11:27   Link #6054
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
there hasn't been any development in a lulu x kallen pairing at all, so far all we've had is that lulu is at the bottom of all things still a horny teenager and that kallen still has some kind of complex for zero, a complex that is falling more and more apart in every episode. eventually kallen will turn to her real love, CC, culminating in a nice scissoring scene (hopefully). lulu will keep his promised wife and schneizel will take some random loveless wife, always keeping canon at his heart.
We watching the same series? Kallen has been blushing a lot around him and they have already had two near kiss scenes. And the zero complex coming apart makes it more likely she'll fall for him and she probably already has.

And Kallen seems to find C.C. annoying most of the time. They get along better, but that is it.

Quote:
Just being related to Geass is alot bigger than Kallen's story, whatever that is.

Kawaguchi? HA!

Anyway, might mean nothing to Lelouch, like the recent Kallen scenes, but they are still romance to the viewers.

Show any causal viewer that and they're label it as romance.

When you're pessimistic, you're never disappointed, you can only be pleasantly surprised.
Maybe so, but that doesn't mean anything for C.C..

What, he said they were just partners with one another. Why not believe him?

Except many viewers don't seem to regard any of C.C.'s scenes as romantic at all. That whole Mao arc for instance pretty much made it clear nothing would happen.

It's been made clear that her real importance comes after this arc. She'll only become more important than she already is after all this.

That's the truth. If you are pessimistic, you can't be disappointed because you already are.

Quote:
It won't.

Old 2008-06-13, 11:27   Link #6055
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
And even then, on the topic of Kaguya, her love to Zero will also not really be that real, likely. Her true love is the Tian Zi, but you know, politics gotta marry to keep up appearances and all.

Quote:
Kallen has been blushing a lot around him
OH WOW. Awesome pairing support. Milly was blushing at Canon, they must be a couple too amirite?
Old 2008-06-13, 11:28   Link #6056
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Lelouch x Millay
Rolo X kallen
* runs
Old 2008-06-13, 11:28   Link #6057
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Who said she was in love with the Tian Zi? They are just good friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
Lelouch x Millay
Rolo X kallen
* runs
Would you knock it off and stop suggesting idiotic pairing just for the hell of it?

Old 2008-06-13, 11:29   Link #6058
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

The Tian zi's face when Kaguya was announced pretty much read, "This is my waifu".
Old 2008-06-13, 11:30   Link #6059
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No it didn't. She was glad to see her friend. For someone like her, friends are a precious thing since she is always in that city.

Old 2008-06-13, 11:30   Link #6060
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Leave Dann alone, i like reading his posts. ^^ Yeah, way too pessimistic but atleast interesting.
Me being a Kalulu fan i don't ship CCxLulu but at least he has a opinion.

I say we just need to wait for more ep's to confirm any kind of theory. It's useless if we don't have information.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance